ADVERTISEMENT

Haith Extension...

Lawyers.................................

If Frank is retained under some sort of restructured agreement, then changes in the coaching staff need to occur. Toby needs to be relieved of his duties and sent packing back to Scranton.

What pathetic leadership
Tulsa is a has been program for much of the past 20 years...

What’s another 2-3

I am done

No more $$ to ghc or college of law

Continue to believe what I mentioned a couple weeks ago is happening. Restructure/Extension with easy to get out of contract. Salary with incentives but low buy out. Could easily see 3 year extension, (that gives 4 years for recruiting affect) yet still allowing easy unwind if direction does not improve. Not sure about requirement of new assistants but Leito certainly must be an option. Toby is Franks right hand guy and I just can't see him moving on.

Continue to believe what I mentioned a couple weeks ago is happening. Restructure/Extension with easy to get out of contract. Salary with incentives but low buy out. Could easily see 3 year extension, (that gives 4 years for recruiting affect) yet still allowing easy unwind if direction does not improve. Not sure about requirement of new assistants but Leito certainly must be an option. Toby is Franks right hand guy and I just can't see him moving on.
So stupid. So so stupid. (Not you, the school)

Reactions: ctt8410
Feels like we are embracing the mediocrity. I would get it if we were completely cash-strapped, but it's been said on here many times that isn't the case regarding a buyout. I am as rabid as the rest of you, but am quickly becoming apathetic. Sad.

Feels like we are embracing the mediocrity. I would get it if we were completely cash-strapped, but it's been said on here many times that isn't the case regarding a buyout. I am as rabid as the rest of you, but am quickly becoming apathetic. Sad.
If we are not cash strapped for a buyout why are we not doing a buyout. If we don’t buyout the contract we will have an answer to if we are really cash strapped or not.

Toby is Franks right hand guy and I just can't see him moving on.

He is in Frank's ear nearly all the game apparently making game adjustment suggestions unlike Shea or Kwanza. I would rather have suggestions from a veteran coach (Wainwright type) than a video coordinator who coached as head boys basketball coach at Goessel (Kan.) High School (a 1A school) years ago as his only head coaching experience. We can ask Kim English to hire him...............

Reactions: HuffyCane
At least we know that the AD know that the base is getting Uber fed up with mediocrity.

Sources from NW Arkansas have confirmed that Haith gets 2 free cheese conies and a large drink after every win from the 11th St. Coney Island!!! Wow his agent knows how to do some cut throat negociating.

I knew the extension a few years ago was a terrible idea, and I said as much when it was done. Man, I hope I never see Gragg on the street... he would get a piece of my mind.

He better pull some rabbits out of his hat. Big time assistant(s). Big time recruits.

Otherwise I will not renew.

Who wants to set the over under that our coach is fired mid season after losing to Either A) Lamar B) ORU C) SE/WOSU.

At least we might get to see Seals given a chance...

Who wants to set the over under that our coach is fired mid season after losing to Either A) Lamar B) ORU C) SE/WOSU.

At least we might get to see Seals given a chance...
If we can beat ORU going forward or will be an upset being that it’s the game we now will have circled on our calendar. Ughhhh....

Deeply mired in mediocrity. We need a miracle in recruiting and with staffing.

Deeply mired in mediocrity. We need a miracle in recruiting and with staffing.
How many years in the extension and why is this not in the press release? They don’t want to damage season ticket sales any more than they will be next year as we are preseason pick of 11th out of 11 teams,

One thing we gotta give Haith credit for is recruiting our first ESPN 4 star. As I mentioned on a previous thread, Holiman didn’t come just because he liked TU, instead, it was the relationship that Haith cultivated with him.

Reactions: drboobay
The extension could be for 1 year. Could also be a restructuring of the terms such that he can be cut with no buyout and a reduced pay base structure that puts incentives on NCAA tournament wins to get more money.

If Rick is smart, there must be some changes in the assistants as well. Toby must be terminated, pronto.

Toby gives nothing to the staff. The whole assistant base needs to be released. Including Shea and Kwanza. We need different offensive schemes because this dribble for 30 seconds is not getting it done.

I don't get it. There are many posable coaching candidates that would give us hope and potential. After 7 years we know that haith can not give us hope or potential.

Somebody pinch me so I can wake up from this nightmare.

Toby gives nothing to the staff. The whole assistant base needs to be released. Including Shea and Kwanza. We need different offensive schemes because this dribble for 30 seconds is not getting it done.
Shea and Kwanza provide little. Very little.

I have met Coach Haith several times. He's a good guy, cares for his players, & is a good "Father" type mentor. But as a coach? As a winner? As a person who produces 20+ win seasons on the court? Once TU hired John Phillips & went away from "hiring" Top Young 'hungry (wanting 2 prove themselves) Asst Coaches, TU was done. A small fan base was tired of the revolving door, but the argument was those coaches who won & won Big would eventually move on to Bigger, more $$$$, & Prestigious programs. So, it was decided to get coaches who would stay Longterm . How's that worked out for the fan base? Enthusiasm? Attendance? NCAA bids & wins? Yawn.
One must choose in life between boredom and suffering. (Madame de Stael)
The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

I'm sorry, I got spoiled under Ken Hayes, thru Nolan, thru John Phillips 1st yr. The fun, the must see, must B there, event, fizzled out along time ago. When you have had a taste of excellence, you cannot go back to mediocrity. (Maximillian Degenerez)

Shea and Kwanza provide little. Very little.
Wainwright was a breath of fresh air, instructing our players on new techniques and installing a much better defense. He was not a “nice” guy at practice. Now we have Toby Lane.............

Reactions: TU 1978
This downhill slide started when they hired Buzzard Peterson and has continued with bad hires every year! Buzzard, then Phillips, then Wojcik, then Manning, now Haith... How many good programs ever came after any of these guys? Is TU preparing the fan base for a drop to D2 sports?

Last edited:
Reactions: eastcane
Did you ever tell him Serious Cat loves The Beach Boys?

I did not! But there was another time Dougie and staff were entertaining a recruit or two. Again at the Brook. And of course I’d had a pop or two. Dougie walked by me and I asked if he needed some help sealing the deal. I don’t think he found it amusing. This was before the Call Me Incident of 2009. Otherwise he would’ve thrown a punch.

:cat::wojo::cat:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT