ADVERTISEMENT

Haith Extension...

Wainwright was a breath of fresh air, instructing our players on new techniques and installing a much better defense. He was not a “nice” guy at practice. Now we have Toby Lane.............
Toby has been with Haith for many years, before arriving in Tulsa. I don't think he is the problem. Yes we need a Wainright type guy and Shea and Kwanza are fans favorites. There is one other coach that adds even less that probably needs to go. Nice guy but his time has come and gone. Former head coach sitting there for the taking.

Wainwright was a breath of fresh air, instructing our players on new techniques and installing a much better defense. He was not a “nice” guy at practice. Now we have Toby Lane.............

Yes, I would say we have too many nice guys on the staff and not a strong enough Xs and Os base to build off of. Haith also needs a "no man", one he listens to, and one that isn't afraid to tell Haith what he needs to hear. That fixed a lot of the subbing, set play/game adjustments, playing time, and development issues we have traditionally had under Haith.

I doubt we will see that sort of change, this looks like a Haith will get one last chance to do it his way type thing. With no coaching staff changes I expect Shea is interim by new years.

I did not! But there was another time Dougie and staff were entertaining a recruit or two. Again at the Brook. And of course I’d had a pop or two. Dougie walked by me and I asked if he needed some help sealing the deal. I don’t think he found it amusing. This was before the Call Me Incident of 2009. Otherwise he would’ve thrown a punch.

:cat::wojo::cat:

I would have paid to have seen his expression.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Toby has been with Haith for many years, before arriving in Tulsa. I don't think he is the problem. Yes we need a Wainright type guy and Shea and Kwanza are fans favorites. There is one other coach that adds even less that probably needs to go. Nice guy but his time has come and gone. Former head coach sitting there for the taking.

Haith is reluctant to bring in anyone who might make helpful suggestions. They are just so proud to have a job they say yes to everything. I loved the days of Kevin O'Neill , Flip Saunders, and Billy Gillispie. Those were coaches who made a difference in the program and were not afraid to speak up. Actually Kevin O'Neill spoke up too much and JD fired him and locked his office. lol....... Kevin had an assistant's job at Arizona in a wee

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him change an assistant. But it won't be anything approaching a coach who isn't a yes 👍 man, or who is innovative on x's and o's.

I’m confused who you’re referring to in the last 3 sentences, we have 3 assistant coaches: Toby, Shea, and Kwanza.

We were below 500. All the staff is an issue and should be replaced.

So you support a staff that goes under 500 and has reached the NCAA tourney once in 7 years? No one cares if you are a "great guy". They care if you win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT