ADVERTISEMENT

Haisten needs to be banned from attending games

Original TULSAFAN

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Anyone read his pile of crap about the win?

Loaded w totally unnecessary and irresponsible cheap shots.

what a little d#%!

In fairness, the concessions were garbage tonight. I missed a couple of minutes in second half and told Mrs. Gold to bring me a water. About 20 minutes later she brought me a Bud Lite. Same thing.

To quote my senior year article in the collegian, “Bud Lite, You Suck.”

Reactions: TU 1978 and TUMe
Why do you guys read this crap? He works for a dying industry. And he’s an asshole. I don’t care what he thinks and don’t know why you do.
Mainly because it still affects the rep of the school/sports program. It is dying, but it still has a decent amount of older readers. I know it probably doesn't affect the 18-49 bracket that much. But the older readers can affect their younger relatives, it can maintain or worsen their image of the school. I don't read it that much, but started reading what they were saying after Memphis.

I’ve always appreciated his articles...but goodness gracious, he’s such a d!ck.

Some of those back handed comments are just unneeded.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Here's Larry's recap...

Elijah Joiner's cold-blooded, game-winning buzzer-beater put a dagger through No. 23 Wichita State in what was unquestionably one of the greatest shots in Tulsa basketball history. Joiner, who ran through the gamut of emotions after being mobbed on the court by the TU student section after his game-winner, had a career-high 22 points in what was easily the shining moment of his basketball career in Tulsa's 54-51 victory at the Reynolds Center.

LINK: Game recap & video

Do you guys ‘member when Shittler said :crap:ty things in his :crap:ty column? Me too.

I just wanted to say sumpin funny but nothing came to mind.

Reactions: TU 1978
If your primary reaction to last night wasn't joy, then you either hate TU or you have a heart of hard, black coal. Or both.

Reactions: rusty-c
Mainly because it still affects the rep of the school/sports program. It is dying, but it still has a decent amount of older readers. I know it probably doesn't affect the 18-49 bracket that much. But the older readers can affect their younger relatives, it can maintain or worsen their image of the school. I don't read it that much, but started reading what they were saying after Memphis.
I’m on the backside of that demographic, and all it serves me is to piss me off. As a grad I know, but there aren’t a huge number of us regardless. Thus, the audience is the casual fan, and he is a total d-bag.

Not sure how it benefits the paper to keep chipping away at TU. Disenfranchisement of alumni equals fewer subscribers, fewer subscribers equals fewer advertiser dollars, fewer ad dollars equals lower margins, lower margins equals a dying business.

Haisten’s article related to Elijah is just bad. The TU digs could have been included in a different article.

Conversely, the Wichita Eagle article on Joiner is absolutely fantastic.
Agree. The Wichita Eagle even had video report after the game at the Don Rey.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Agree. The Wichita Eagle even had video report after the game at the Don Rey.
ESPN.com had a nice article and video. It's still a main item with picture on their main page. Like I said, if that's not joyous, you're messed up. Nevada put it right, that's what college sports are about.

Reactions: nevadanatural
"But the 2000 Wichita fans won't come back Thursday" Didn't need to be said.....Don't need negative bias inserted into everything TU.
He said TU couldn't get 6,000 fans to come to a game. Guess he can't figure out what 8,000 minus 2,000 equals.

Reactions: Gold*
We have identified this issues for years. They don’t care. You can’t even reason with them. I was convinced at one point that Haisten wasn’t really welcome on campus anymore. I have proposed revoking his license to come to TU several times. The media would be angry, but you can show a pattern of poor conduct over many years that warrants it.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and 4tu2
We have identified this issues for years. They don’t care. You can’t even reason with them. I was convinced at one point that Haisten wasn’t really welcome on campus anymore. I have proposed revoking his license to come to TU several times. The media would be angry, but you can show a pattern of poor conduct over many years that warrants it.

Is the Tulsa World still considered ‘media’. I’m not convinced it is.

Reactions: jesterondirt
Here's Larry's recap...

Elijah Joiner's cold-blooded, game-winning buzzer-beater put a dagger through No. 23 Wichita State in what was unquestionably one of the greatest shots in Tulsa basketball history. Joiner, who ran through the gamut of emotions after being mobbed on the court by the TU student section after his game-winner, had a career-high 22 points in what was easily the shining moment of his basketball career in Tulsa's 54-51 victory at the Reynolds Center.

LINK: Game recap & video
So much better.

"But the 2000 Wichita fans won't come back Thursday" Didn't need to be said.....Don't need negative bias inserted into everything TU.

Yes because we didn't use to have 7-8k regularly. The Reynolds Center has never been voted least liked to be played in for a conference. Oh and Tulsa is just a tiny little town.

Since Woj sucked the life out of the program with empty 20 win seasons this is the first time we have put it together and won the important games at home. Oh and we actually have marketing. Tulsa continues to play at a high level those 2,000 shocker fans missing won't be noticed. Those spots will be filled with blue.

Tulsa World is almost as bankrupt as Haisten's credibility when it comes to TU. Don't waste your time reading or clicking and it will disappear. Thankfully the national profile of the AAC is high enough we will get good national coverage when we do well.

image.jpg

In fairness, the concessions were garbage tonight. I missed a couple of minutes in second half and told Mrs. Gold to bring me a water. About 20 minutes later she brought me a Bud Lite. Same thing.

To quote my senior year article in the collegian, “Bud Lite, You Suck.”

On the south side along 11th street, near sections 114/115,they have changed the concessions to be "ok who is next" rather than get in a seperate line in front of every register. At WSU, it caused one EXTREMELY long line that went all the way down the hall. They did it that way because some genius decided to put the GH club eating area immediately outside of the busiest sections.

genius. not

On the south side along 11th street, near sections 114/115,they have changed the concessions to be "ok who is next" rather than get in a seperate line in front of every register. At WSU, it caused one EXTREMELY long line that went all the way down the hall. They did it that way because some genius decided to put the GH club eating area immediately outside of the busiest sections.

genius. not
There's also no foresight to anyone in Sodexo dining who runs the concessions. No, "Maybe we should add some staff for this weekend as it looks like it will be a large crowd". That should have been planned for on Monday following the UCONN win. Not to mention, making sure they have enough product on hand for a larger than normal (at least recently) crowd. And Sodexo doesn't care...they won't get any of the complaints. They'll all go to Gragg and Levit. We know Levit doesn't care at all. And logistics planning like that is way over Gragg's head. I need to ask if the concessions side of Sodexo reports to a good friend of mine who oversees the housing and residential dining services (and ACAC dining). Concessions in Reynolds and Skelly has always been an off limits thing for the person in that position...BUT, maybe some complaints (and she was there on Saturday) might give her the in to have some influence). I'll ask her if her oversight includes the concessions.

I.I. said:

Yes because we didn't use to have 7-8k regularly. The Reynolds Center has never been voted least liked to be played in for a conference. Oh and Tulsa is just a tiny little town.

Since Woj sucked the life out of the program with empty 20 win seasons this is the first time we have put it together and won the important games at home. Oh and we actually have marketing. Tulsa continues to play at a high level those 2,000 shocker fans missing won't be noticed. Those spots will be filled with blue.

Tulsa World is almost as bankrupt as Haisten's credibility when it comes to TU. Don't waste your time reading or clicking and it will disappear. Thankfully the national profile of the AAC is high enough we will get good national coverage when we do well.
[/quote]
Our NCAA teams in 2002 and 2003 rarely drew sellout crowds. At least rarely drew a full arena.

You need to go back further for sellouts.

Our NCAA teams in 2002 and 2003 rarely drew sellout crowds. At least rarely drew a full arena.

You need to go back further for sellouts.[/QUOTE]
We should just start a # on Twitter #BanHaistenfromTU #FreeEddieR. I'd be much happier if they would unblock Eddie R and block Haisten and not issue him a credential to cover TU. Let Hines and Dekota do that. At least we can avoid the back handed, under the breath negativity of Haisten

Reactions: TulsaFan2000

We should just start a # on Twitter #BanHaistenfromTU #FreeEddieR. I'd be much happier if they would unblock Eddie R and block Haisten and not issue him a credential to cover TU. Let Hines and Dekota do that. At least we can avoid the back handed, under the breath negativity of Haisten[/QUOTE]

Eddie is also a douche.

Reactions: Gold*
A lot of fans hated on Kelly when she first started the Tulsa, beat... but I feel like she's really done a good job... especially on social media. She's very accessible. We haven't heard much out of Dekota over this run.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
A lot of fans hated on Kelly when she first started the Tulsa, beat... but I feel like she's really done a good job... especially on social media. She's very accessible. We haven't heard much out of Dekota over this run.
Isn't Dekota supposed to be mostly responsible for football not basketball? I thought most of the basketball responsibilities were supposed to stay with Kelly.

In the first season of Golden Hurricane basketball at the arena, Tulsa averaged 8,282 fans for eight games. Tulsa’s next highest home attendance average came in 2002–2003 when, the Hurricane played in front of an average of 8,250 fans for 14 regular season home games.[8]

It holds 8,355 just to be clear. But from the time it was built until 2006 or so we regularly had 7k+ for games. The crowd vs WSU was very reminiscent of the crowds we got when we were voted least favorite place to play or best home court advantage in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT