ADVERTISEMENT

Gragg

I have zero faith in Levit’s ability to find a replacement for him. I know Gragg wasn’t even a good AD but as we’ve seen with TU, Levit and Kaiser always find a way to make things worse.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Hopefully they will use someone within the athletic department as a temporary replacement and then let the new president of the university hire a permanent AD.

Leaving Tulsa

Probably wanting to make sure he will still have a job in the future. It has probably been extremely tough asking so many for pay cuts, taking pay cuts and all of the other cuts and then add the pandemic on top of it. The optics of going to NCAA sound better than taking an AD (or lower) position at a lower level school. Regardless, it is the same thing: taking a demotion to get out of TU, but doing it in a way that doesn't look so bad. That is considerate of him.

How many more pieces are going to leave? I wouldn't be surprised if the b-ball coach goes next, maybe after this season, depending on whether there is a basketball season, or if there's a cancellation.

Reactions: eastcane
Blankenship, rader, Pearson, largent, Graham,
Are you listing candidates?

None of those people would take that job, except maybe Largent. And that's pretty doubtful.

Yur funny, on suggesting Blankenship. He wouldn't get near that job.

Pearson is about to turn 70.

I know it's probably not gonna happen, but we have the sort of person who would be perfect for what we need. Get him a couple assitant ADs who know the paper work/regulation side and let's go. I firmly believe that winning is a culture, its learned, its attention to details, preperation. Jerry O has been neck deep in winning and I know will recognize it in others, those necessary qualities. He knows the school inside and out.

I know, I know at Tulsa we eat our own, but new hash tag is real and I would rather have one of our own right now.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and Sbellini
I find Brian to be more accessible than Jerry O. I hope TU opens it up and doesn't hire internally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT