ADVERTISEMENT

Governor Styte moves teachers up to Group 2.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Thoughts?

The intent is to get kids back to the classroom. Let's also talk about the whole vaccine program in general. There is anger that they have slowed or stopped this phase. But unless I heard wrong, some people (maybe only two) were made sick by the original use. Is the halt of shipments incompetence or is it precaution?

I have said that I am in no hurry for the shots. From my point of view let the teachers go ahead of me. But I can see that someone older than me, in poor health might not be pleased by the change. The idea is to get the most vunerable on the vaccine.

Lots of question pop up. First, how many reactions to it are accpetable. Also, there are now two more approved vaccines. I'm sure it won't be cafeteria style; you will take what they have at your station if you want a shot. Also, will it be like the flu shot, something you take every year?

I am guessing I would be Phase 3. Fine, let the teachers go right ahead. I'll have more data on whether I want to take it or not.

We have achieved something which has never been done in the history of mankind. Researched, developed, tested (sort of), produced, approved and distributed a vaccine in ten months. There are going to be some unforeseen issues simply due to the lack of extensive testing.

The most serious at this point is severe allergic reactions among some takers. I believe people are now required to remain in the hospital or clinic for ten minutes after receiving the vaccine so they can be monitored. Doesn’t appear to be anything life threatening as long as medical care is promptly given should a person have such a reaction.

I have a friend who received his a couple of days ago. He’s been pretty sick from the side effects. Fever, aches, etc... but nothing life threatening. Basically a severe flu shot reaction.

I want the vacccine distributed to the masses ASAP. However, it’s probably prudent it be limited to health care workers and given with strict surpervision for the first couple of weeks.

Another vaccine looks to be approved tomorrow for distribution. Would hope in 30 days to see widespread distribution assuming everything goes well in the next week or so.

They also said there was a very small (4/30K) chance of bell’s pallsey between two of the vaccines.

I would prefer an allergic reaction or flu like symptoms from the vaccine over bell’s pallsey. Bell’s pallsey blows.

They also said there was a very small (4/30K) chance of bell’s pallsey between two of the vaccines.
There are 200,000 cases of bell's palsy in the US every year. That equals 18/30k is you count the whole US population. So the vaccine probably had nothing to do with the occurrence.

There are 200,000 cases of bell's palsy in the US every year. That equals 18/30k is you count the whole US population. So the vaccine probably had nothing to do with the occurrence.
Possible, but it’s still something that both drug makers have cautioned against.

I believe that’s what Jim Ross has

My father in law as well as a colleague has it. The constant watering of one eye is common to both. My father in law has issues speaking and eating due to the numbness on one side of his face.

Put the damn vaccine in my arm now.

The idiots on the Broken Arrow City Council need to be last in line.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Honestly I’d like to hear a bit more from the drug makers about the science behind the vaccine before I get it.

I just don’t want to hear “Did you or a family member take the Pfizer vaccine? Then you might be entitled to a settlement....” on the television 10 years from now.

Honestly I’d like to hear a bit more from the drug makers about the science behind the vaccine before I get it.

I just don’t want to hear “Did you or a family member take the Pfizer vaccine? Then you might be entitled to a settlement....” on the television 10 years from now.
You won't, they've managed to exorcise themselves from liability. Or at least that's how Shon sees it. I mention Shon, just to get his goat that I mention him again.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Under the PREP Act companies like Pfizer and Moderna have complete immunity from liability associated with any side effects from their vaccines. To be fair, probably the only way to get these companies to produce a vaccine in ten months.

Under the PREP Act companies like Pfizer and Moderna have complete immunity from liability associated with any side effects from their vaccines. To be fair, probably the only way to get these companies to produce a vaccine in ten months.
Sounds like the plot of a zombie movie.

"WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?>!?!?!?!?" ....*zombie takes bite out of lab tech's throat

Sounds like the plot of a zombie movie.

"WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?>!?!?!?!?" ....*zombie takes bite out of lab tech's throat
Nah...

But you will hear Vincent Price laughing as you suddenly have really great 80s dance moves.

Honestly I’d like to hear a bit more from the drug makers about the science behind the vaccine

You could go for the Chinese vaccine which is based on a deactivated virus instead mRNA. That is the normal techique for developing vaccines. It is much cheaper to produce, requires no special refrigeration and will likely be the one used by more people worldwide in large part because wealthier countries have prebought most of the mRNA vaccines. We have a friend teaching in the UAE tell us that the Chinese vaccine is available there now. They will wait for a US FDA vetted vaccine.

Last edited:
You are not suppose to say "China virus" but it's okay to Chinese vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT