ADVERTISEMENT

⚽ Recruiting Goalkeeper commit

There have been a few other soccer players the soccer team has announced in the last couple of days:

Gustaf Rosengren, D Stockholm, Sweden
John Dalby, MF, Denton TX (FC Dallas Youth)
Wes Bottenburg, D, Utrecht, Netherlands
Cedrik Stern, GK, Friedberg, Germany
Sergio Baena Romero, MF, Madrid, Spain
Mans Ingvarson, GK, Malmo, Sweden

Plus the GK announced above. And not sure if there were other announcements.

I don't know who, if any from the current team is expected to move on except for Chase Bromstedt (signed with Las Vegas Lights in USL Championship) and maybe Ben Barkley. Fazio, Cashion, Sach, Rooks Hunter, & Schweinert are all listed as seniors and would conceivably come back for their extra year of eligibility. Zinnhard is listed as a junior. Meinhard is listed as a sophomore. And most everyone else on the team is listed as a FR, RS FR, or Sophomore. By my count, this would have 5 GKs on campus this fall unless Cosgrove is transferring out.

TU should be the #1 team in the country this Fall barring mass defections

Reactions: TU 1978
How do we feel about only signing one US player ?
It's fine...and I think it's 2 (GK from Missouri and the MF from Denton). The international flavor certainly helped the team be successful last season. And remember, many of the international kids are cash paying customers. There really aren't any full scholarships in soccer because of the way the scholarship limits work and having 25-30 players. TU can't give them access to Federal financial aid programs so anything add'l they received from TU would be merit based. Remember, this was one of Carson's and Dickson's pushes to get more students...use athletics and walk-on opportunities. And if one or two kids come from Madrid to play soccer and 10 other kids they know get exposed to TU and consider TU as an option for their university education, then that program is doing what they want it to do.

It's fine...and I think it's 2 (GK from Missouri and the MF from Denton). The international flavor certainly helped the team be successful last season. And remember, many of the international kids are cash paying customers. There really aren't any full scholarships in soccer because of the way the scholarship limits work and having 25-30 players. TU can't give them access to Federal financial aid programs so anything add'l they received from TU would be merit based. Remember, this was one of Carson's and Dickson's pushes to get more students...use athletics and walk-on opportunities. And if one or two kids come from Madrid to play soccer and 10 other kids they know get exposed to TU and consider TU as an option for their university education, then that program is doing what they want it to do.
Now you’re learning!

How do we feel about only signing one US player ?
People I trust who watch a lot of Dallas area Soccer say that Darby, the 6 from Denton, is already solid and is expected to continue to grow into a special player, if that’s what he wants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT