ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (12.04.19) WITH RPI

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
We went 6-4 yesterday in the GOI. The only real hit that was taken was ECU losing at home to Coppin State who hasn't been relevant in forever. lol

The most interesting final was Arkansas beating Austin Peay by 8 in Fayetteville. This game was close the whole game until 3 minutes left in the game when Arkansas went up by 13. The biggest lead they had in the 1st was by 7 but that was very short lived.

As for the RPI (Which hopefully soon will be the NET) the only surprise to me was SMU dropping 25 points after destroying Northwestern State by 26. I am sure a team they have played had to have take a big loss.

The most exiting game today (other than TU) would be Boise State at New Mexico. No TV for this one though.

Last thing, WE BETTER CRUSH APB!!!! GO TU!!!!

Arkansas Pine Bluff (286) at Tulsa (197) ESPN3
Boise State (60) at New Mexico (74)
San Diego State (13) at Colorado State (91)
Texas State (219) at Houston (146) ESPN3
Tulane (200) at Southern Mississippi (313)
Iona (265) at UConn (67) ESPN3

RPI Rankings
Temple (19) up 1
Cincinnati (47) Up 4
Wichita St (50) Down 6
Memphis (61) Up 9
UConn (67) Down 9
UCF (84) Down 1
Houston (146) Up 2
SMU (188) Down 25
Tulsa (197) Down 6
Tulane (200) Up 5
South FL. (279) Up 7
ECU (302) Down 22

That’s always been a big complaint about RPI, you can destroy a team and drop a bunch because that team has a big RPI number. While NET includes a factor for who you play it also factors in how you play so you can better your NET rating even against a bad team by playing well.

About right. Bad loss to UTA. Can obviously improve that with the non-con games against Boise St, Colorado St, and Arkansas in the next month.
Yup. Boise is right above us in Kempom in the low 100's. Arkansas is at something like 28 right now. They're going to be a showdown for sure.

Just forgot we had that game on the schedule is all. I'm getting old, I'm pissed about football, so I easily forget things not related :)
lol I have already dropped football like a hot potato. so from now on its "what football"

I want to see us run them out of their own building
Lol So do I... but there's a difference between what my heart wants, what my brain thinks, and what my gut tells me.

My heart wants every game to end 100-6 in favor of Tulsa, for Karma's sake.

My Brain tells me we're a good but not great team that should have a shot to play well against stiff competition.

My gut tells me that at some point this season I'm going to be very disappointed for little to no reason, like every season under Frank, because I always manage to talk myself into his basketball team and they always underachieve.

Reactions: TU_BLA and loca2874
This is kind of how I feel about being a Tulsa fan.....

Maybe if I stopped watching the team would do better.... lol

Lol So do I... but there's a difference between what my heart wants, what my brain thinks, and what my gut tells me.

My Brain tells me we're a good but not great team that should have a shot to play well against stiff competition.

My gut tells me that at some point this season I'm going to be very disappointed for little to no reason, like every season under Frank, because I always manage to talk myself into his basketball team and they always underachieve.
Lol I very much agree with this. I do think we got really lucky in Wichita and in Tulsa. I have it marked as an L but I’ll be jumping out my chair if we beat the brakes off of them. I’m gonna have to watch one of their games but Looking at who they have played And how we are progressing I am very hopeful

But yet, you have a weird unbridled passion for Monty.
So strange... love the coach with 3 losing seasons in a row and hate the guy who is at least above .500.

But yet, you have a weird unbridled passion for Monty.
So strange... love the coach with 3 losing seasons in a row and hate the guy who is at least above .500.

I recognize improvement and stagnation. Monty's team this year was much improved from the last two. Even our conference mates recognized us as a team much better than our record. If the refs / our kicker hadn't blown the SMU game I think the season turns out differently for Monty. Barring the last two or three games, all I've seen from Haith is stagnation. I'm sure if Monty got to play 1/3rd of his games vs nobodies like UAPB he'd probably have a better record too.

I recognize improvement and stagnation. Monty's team this year was much improved from the last two. Even our conference mates recognized us as a team much better than our record. If the refs / our kicker hadn't blown the SMU game I think the season turns out differently for Monty. Barring the last two or three games, all I've seen from Haith is stagnation. I'm sure if Monty got to play 1/3rd of his games vs nobodies like UAPB he'd probably have a better record too.

Yea, giving up a 21 point 4th Q lead was the refs and kickers fault. SMH...

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Yea, giving up a 21 point 4th Q lead was the refs and kickers fault. SMH...
Well, sure.... the refs made a terrible spot on 4th down and let SMU keep a drive alive. Also, Monty's not calling plays defensively. So, giving up any sort of huge lead wouldn't really be his fault. It would be a positive for him to have built such a lead.

neat

Well, sure.... the refs made a terrible spot on 4th down and let SMU keep a drive alive. Also, Monty's not calling plays defensively. So, giving up any sort of huge lead wouldn't really be his fault. It would be a positive for him to have built such a lead.

Had he not started playing conservatively so quickly, the defense wouldn’t have been on the field as much.

Yes the defense seemed to let off in the fourth quarter. Special-teams continued to be a significant Achilles’ heel. At the end of the day offense and special teams are on the HC with this staff.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
There will be no GOI from me today as the only game is Central Arkansas at Wichita State. I am in a class at work today so I wont be able to do my normal post. We did go 4-2 yesterday. All fo the American teams won and the two Mountain West teams lost.
San Diego State put a hurtin on Colorado State.
Houston survives Texas State. The bobcats came to play yesterday.

See you tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT