Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
GOI went 1-1 yesterday. OSU handled business but SIU went down in flames

Today’s games

AAC GAMES

Houston (4) vs Temple (60)
Tulane (296) vs South Florida (97)

REST OF GOI

West Virginia (100) vs Kansas State (50)
Dayton (66) vs George Washington (251)
New Orleans (275) vs Lamar (190)
San Jose State (285) vs Nevada (27)

NET Rankings Through January 6

Houston (4) No Change
UCF (33) Down 2
Cincinnati (35) Down 1
Temple (60) Up 2
Memphis (70) Up 3
Tulsa (74) Up 1
South Fl (97) Down 5
UCONN (110) Up 1
SMU (121) Up 1
Wichita St (131) Up 2
ECU (230) Down 2
Tulane (296) No Change

Loca2874...I really enjoy your threads. The only thing that confuses me each time is that I would rather see Houston @ Temple rather than vs. I always have to look it up and see where the game is played. Thanks.

Reactions: loca2874
Loca2874...I really enjoy your threads. The only thing that confuses me each time is that I would rather see Houston @ Temple rather than vs. I always have to look it up and see where the game is played. Thanks.
I can make that change

the NET drags are the SWAC teams, New Orleans, etc.

vA74VAGl.jpg
Good job ctt8410 with your preseason prediction. Let's hope it holds. I wonder the most about the Cincy at Tulsa and TU at WSU.

I don't think we lose to SMU this year. I don't think we lose to WSU at all this year. And I'm always positive that we shouldn't lose to Temple ever. Every year Temple is supposed to be some juggernaut who we dismantle in the Reynold's Center and have a good lead with 1 or 2 minutes left in the game and then go into "excessively stupid basketball mode".

There is a legit chance to get out of conference with only 4-5 losses

At smu doesn’t scare you?

Also, cincy -5.5 tomorrow seems a little high, doesn’t it?

If we match their physical play like we did against kstate we win tomorrow

Reactions: tupatsfan
We need to beat UCF, SMU and UConn as we only play them once this year. The other team we only see once this year is South Florida and we already took care of them. Everyone else we play twice in the regular season.

I would like to see Temple beat Houston. I don't want them running away with the title.

Hinton the Houston freshman of the year is amazing. They and Temple are in a great game on ESPN NEWS.

Houston down 8 under 7 minutes left. It’s been a weird game of 6-8pt runs by both teams

come on UNO (leading Lamar on the road 49-45 with 9 minutes left)
USF routs Tulane at home, no surprise
could be a perfect night (and for fun, Arkie losing at home to Florida)

I cannot believe Cinncy is a 5.5 fav over TU here with our home wins and Cinncy laying an egg @ ECU. Vegas is overreacting to the misleading 3 point win over USF. Surely that line will come down before tomorrow night.
Take TU if you are in Vegas.

At SMU definitely scares me. I don’t care how bad they are. (The 2000 Elite Eight team BARELY escaped Moody with a win.)

At Temple scares me too. We always stomp them at home, but when was the last time we won there? 2015?

Last edited:
One of our reps at a happy hour work meeting tonight was a Cincy grad and a season ticket holder.
He drove by campus today and impressed as hell with TU and Tulsa as a city. He said he had no idea the canpus was so nice and town so cool.
Said he expects a close game tomorrow and wouldn’t be surprised if TU won. He said he had watch the KSU, UH, USF game didn’t feel that Tulsa was a good match up for Cincy on the road. He said he hopes Cincy is pisses after ECU and he doesn’t get why it’s hard to play there no matter how bad they are or good Cincy is.
Nice to talk to an opponent fan that knows the conference and thinks it is as under rated as TU year in and year out.

come on UNO (leading Lamar on the road 49-45 with 9 minutes left)
USF routs Tulane at home, no surprise
could be a perfect night (and for fun, Arkie losing at home to Florida)

I cannot believe Cinncy is a 5.5 fav over TU here with our home wins and Cinncy laying an egg @ ECU. Vegas is overreacting to the misleading 3 point win over USF. Surely that line will come down before tomorrow night.
Take TU if you are in Vegas.
UNO wins in overtime to Golds favorite team...Lamar.

In other news Nevada is up by 9 at the half to San Jose State

SMU doesn't scare me this year at all. They don't have that player that can carry the team like they have had in the past (Ojeleye, Shake). Murray is OK, Chargois is a nice player but seems to disappear at times and they don't get much from their bench.

SMU always scares me both in Dallas and here. Just glad the number of Tulsans is thinning away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT