Memphis (59) Down 6
UCONN (76) Up 2
South Fl (80) Up 1
Tulsa (90) Up 17
SMU (119) Up 2
Wichita St (133) Down 1
ECU (255) Down 4
Tulane (303) Down 1

That is weird although who knows how their OOC fared. ORU could do TU a huge favor tonight, to move about 50 spots with a top 100 win. I can't spell his last name, but Nezisweze (?) is back and he is the only difference maker on their team. Look for 3 home Ws in the AAC.

Reactions: loca2874
Those coulda, shoulda games against Cincy and UCF are haunting us. We would be several spots higher in the rankings and in the conversation with those two wins, that’s the first step to post season, getting people to talk about you.

Our issue all year is playing on the road. We win out and get to the champ game of the tournament then they will mention us. Lol

That is weird although who knows how their OOC fared. ORU could do TU a huge favor tonight, to move about 50 spots with a top 100 win. I can't spell his last name, but Nezisweze (?) is back and he is the only difference maker on their team. Look for 3 home Ws in the AAC.
I say we get Nzewskie on the transfer portal, nudge, nudge, know whut I mean. Haith seems to always have at least one non-grad transfer, might as well be him.

Reactions: Gold* and loca2874
I will take anything that gets us dancing
They'd probably accuse us of tampering, and want to send Haith and Jeffries to the NCAA pokey. They have one of those, right? They'd accuse Jeffries of giving the secret handshake after the game.

Reactions: loca2874
So Temple vs 20-1 Houston, playing in a brand new arena, in a top seven TV market, with like 20 or 25K students. Place is half empty.

Reactions: loca2874 and Gold*
Crowd looks a little better now. A 6pm start in Houston is really tough for those who work until 5. As Gold mentioned, college basketball attendance is declining across the country and it has very little to do with the product in the court.

Reactions: Gold* and loca2874
Crowd looks a little better now. A 6pm start in Houston is really tough for those who work until 5. As Gold mentioned, college basketball attendance is declining across the country and it has very little to do with the product in the court.
I just bought my ticket for ECU. Good day trip for me in 2 weeks

Yep, 24/7 online entertainment, too much interconnectivty with jobs, all the gambling you want or don’t need, and all that crap. People are just too busy to go. It’s sad.

They show up for events like the Thunder, but OKC also has a sports culture that doesn’t exist in Tulsa. And the Thunder is damn good this year and not the hot ticket it was a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
AAC home teams getting that win. UCF and UConn are keeping it close.

ORU took that “L”
Utah getting smashed by Oregon

The attendance issues we have are cultural.
I agree, but I'm mystified by the local minor league hockey team outdrawing or even doubling TU's basketball attendance. The issues are definitely cultural, but regrettably, TU's program seems to have lost its relevance in the region.

Reactions: Gold*
My daughter and son-in-law take their family to Oiler games. The tickets are cheap so it’s not a financial hit to take a family of 6 (sometimes 8), the crowd is mostly under 50 and nobody seems to care if the kids kinda go nuts occasionally. Honestly if you asked my daughter the rules of hockey I don’t think she could tell you but it’s a cheap night out for the whole family and the kids usually get stuff like free pucks to keep them occupied.

TU has overpriced its basketball tickets IMHO and should re-think the donation levels until the donor sections sell out. The bad impression of empty mid-court seats shows up in every game.

The UH announcers said there was a "sell-out" as the camera showed several rows of nearly empty seats on the sideline. Same issue as at TU. I can't imagine that many empty seats here if TU were 20-1 and in the top 15.

My daughter and son-in-law take their family to Oiler games. The tickets are cheap so it’s not a financial hit to take a family of 6 (sometimes 8), the crowd is mostly under 50 and nobody seems to care if the kids kinda go nuts occasionally. Honestly if you asked my daughter the rules of hockey I don’t think she could tell you but it’s a cheap night out for the whole family and the kids usually get stuff like free pucks to keep them occupied.
Web prices run $17-$59 with a $2 premium on game day purchases. Point being price, location, season, parking etc. we're being beaten at the gate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT