ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread ???

OSU has a great QB & WRs. Tulsa has an inexperienced back 7 on D. This was a bad time to play our first game in Stillwater. Still, I love that Coach Monty's teams don't quit.

Safety help? We knew going in that we couldn't match up with Washington.

I'd have to rewatch the game but I think we have for some of these plays but safeties have gotten pulled in on play action. That's going to happen and your CBs have to be able to make a play when it's thrown right to them

Safety bit on the crossing pattern and left the corner alone on Washington on the second passing TD.

cbssports.com has us ranked #60. And Indiana #65.

We're losing 38-17 against #10.
They're winning 14-13 against #2 almost to half.

So sad.

I'm hoping Taylor is just having an off night. Not seeing too much to impress me.

I'm hoping Brooks gets a shot.

Just gotta learn how to run the read-option without fumbling first I guess. Ah well. GG pokes. We just can't compete. Try skipper for the last few drives.

O-line a little disappointing. Their run blocking has been poor. They blew every team off the line last year, including Ohio State in the first half.

President - Pleasantly surprised.

O-line a little disappointing. Their run blocking has been poor. They blew every team off the line last year, including Ohio State in the first half.

President - Pleasantly surprised.
Pass protection has been very good especially considering the competition. Chads passing has improved but still has a long way to go. Looks like Chad is the man.

I see we've put the "non passing" QB in.

I see President has taken a beating in this thread. Imo there are only 2 very promising take-a-ways from this game.... (#1) President's poise in the pocket, not panicking or looking to tuck and run immediately like most young dual-threat QB's, (#2) The route running and hands of Josh Stewart. To me this kid looked like TU's best WR, he looked the part and played the part.

I also thought Chad showed great touch on his deep-balls and accuracy underneath.

The defense was simply awful, from coaches scheme's to the players lack of execution.

TX

Last edited:
We should have picked a QB and got them more reps.
"We"? I never knew a member of the staff posted on the ITS boards? :confused: I think it's silly to question Monty's ability to manage and prepare QB's (see resume). I would imagine neither President or Skipper clearly seperated themself from the other during the preseason. Also, I believe President clearly proved himself as a legit playmaker and leader, capable of executing a more expansive offense than whst we saw tonite.

Regardless of who played QB tonight, going up against OSU for the first career start was a daunting task.

Last edited:
cbssports.com has us ranked #60. And Indiana #65.

We're losing 38-17 against #10.
They're winning 14-13 against #2 almost to half.

So sad.

Ohio State beat Indiana 49-21. This was their 22nd straight win over Indiana.

Last edited:
The wide receivers dropped too many passes this game. President had a few gaffs like the front flip fumble and the hand off issues, but it's first game jitters probably. I like his ability to scramble and pick up 20 yards on a deep pass play with no open receivers. The play calling was crap tonight too. Inside draw up the middle for 2 yards was called about 20 times on 1st and 2nd down.

Like President's demeanor, especially for his first start. When his passes sail high or too low, it's because his feet/mechanics are all out of wack. Confident Monty will help shore that up. President is still just a Sophomore. I also thought Skip played well.

McKinley is going to beast at the "Star" position. Shamari will be special. What's the deal with Keanu Hill?

Pretty obvious that President is going to be the starter. Montgomery probably made up his mind before the game just kept everyone in the dark.

Like President's demeanor, especially for his first start. When his passes sail high or too low, it's because his feet/mechanics are all out of wack. Confident Monty will help shore that up. President is still just a Sophomore. I also thought Skip played well.

McKinley is going to beast at the "Star" position. Shamari will be special. What's the deal with Keanu Hill?
He's gone

He's gone

When did this happen? And why no information about it from sources? If he is truly gone, that is HUGE news. It would be a massive blow to our team. And it would be a major story.

So where are the sources confirming this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT