ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread Murray State

Coach benched Dalger and sat Griffin after taunting and getting technical. As it should be...
What taunting? Sounds like BS to me.

If we’re going to handicap our own team I guess it gives younger players time to play.

At least the best TU team plays this afternoon.

What taunting? Sounds like BS to me.

If we’re going to handicap our own team I guess it gives younger players time to play.

At least the best TU team plays this afternoon.
The technical he got after the first 3 that followed the pre-game altercation between Tulsa and Murry State. I saw it all, I agree with the coach sitting Sam to know that behavior isn't going to be tolerated. Griffin and Dalger handicapped this team with their immature behavior. Time to grow up...

Tulsa playing street ball and they just chunk shots, pick n roll and dribble drives and they score. There will be plenty of tape for the coaching staff to use for teaching.

Looks like Dalger is in the game now.

How can you elbow someone in the face, cause blood to be drawn, and have no foul be called at all after review. Wtf
Agreed... college officiating has been awful for some time now and they indanger the players with non-calls like that. That is on offensive fould and a technical on the elbow

Griffin needs to be benched for the rest of the game. He needs to grow up

Tulsa playing street ball and they just chunk shots, pick n roll and dribble drives and they score. There will be plenty of tape for the coaching staff to use for teaching.

Dalger is not in this game. He is not in uniform his trip is done

0fer last 17 from 3, lazy defense, immature behavior from team leaders. I think this team is going to be something special in the second half of the season after this new coach gets the stench of Haith out of the building

Could somebody tell me who's the really old guy sitting on the Tulsa bench? I don't think hes a staff member, but he seems far too old to be a water boy?

Final is 77 - 60... horrible shooting day highlighted by selfish play and few bright spots. We have a chance to be a good team this year, will like seeing the progress

There were definitely some bright spots but certainly not a great game. I totally expected them not to have their legs today, but I wish they would have forced the ball down low. Glad to see we are finally putting our freshman into the games. I can confidently say this will certainly help reduce the number of transfers we have year after year.

Last edited:
Could somebody tell me who's the really old guy sitting on the Tulsa bench? I don't think hes a staff member, but he seems far too old to be a water boy?
Most likely it was Dr. George S. Mauerman, he's been the team physician for a really long time. At least since I was a student in the mid 2000s

There were definitely some bright spots but certainly not a great game. I totally expected them not to have their legs today, but I wish they would have forced the ball down low. Glad to see we are finally putting our freshman into the games. I can confidently say this will certainly help reduce the number of transfers we have year after year.
When you’re starting one player over 6’5” it’s tough to have an inside game.

That is Dr. George Mauerman, longtime team doctor. One of the state's most prominent orthopedic surgeons.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
That is Dr. George Mauerman, longtime team doctor. One of the state's most prominent orthopedic surgeons.
Been a TU team physician since the mid-70’s when I was there. He, Dr White and Dr Stivers were the original founders of EOOC (Called something else now). He is a very nice man and continues to be at most football and basketball. He played basketball at Vanderbilt.

Dalger was not dressed.

I'm really happy Konkol sat Dalger and then Griffin in the beginning. This shows what he is all about and how he builds the foundation for what the program represents. Will we take some lumps this year? Of course. But we will also have moments we look really good. It'll be a fun ride.

I
When you’re starting one player over 6’5” it’s tough to have an inside game.
True. I would love to see the team take the ball to the hoop more when their threes aren't falling. Anthony Pritchard has a nice crossover move that should be utilized more often. If we can strike a balance between driving to the hole and shooting threes, we could be dancing sooner than later.

What bothers me, is that alot of people will see that TU lost a few games and just stop coming to games again, instead realizing that we are finally building this program the right way and with a fun style of basketball.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT