ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts Navy

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Injuries are a major concern. Then again, if you told me before the season began that we would be undefeated in the league and ranked, I would have told you you were high. I would have never thought we would win at Navy.

Enjoy this.

Injuries are a major concern. Then again, if you told me before the season began that we would be undefeated in the league and ranked, I would have told you you were high. I would have never thought we would win at Navy.

Enjoy this.

Agreed 100%

Good teams find a way to win. Not the most exciting one, but any conference road win is a good one.

Now let’s wait for Cincinnati to Covid out on us.

Enjoy this.
Yeah, as far as I know it's tough to get through concussion protocols in a week when you get hit as hard, and get knocked out , like Tk did. Hopefully Prince is good to go next week. Luckily we are incredibly deep with Lovick and Watkins playing as reserves today.

Don't know about Paul and Sawyer. Hoping one or both can heel up in a week.

Don't feel too comfortable about Zaven and the recurring turf toe. He is my most serious concern, because of what he does for our defense.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
I'm enjoying it very much.

But also have big concerns about next week, if we don't play a heck of a lot better against a much better team than we played today.
Injuries aren't going to play a part of how we're viewed in rankings if we lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I liked the game fine. Im pretty bi polar and melty as a fan so this team is pretty fun for me.

I get why he keeps Smith in. Its loyalty..its his team...all that. We are all bitter and grumpy TU fans who have been put through an abusive relationship with Tulsa Athletics for the last 10 years so its easy for us to scream at the sky that monty sucks.

We are 6-1 and 6-0 in a really good AAC. We will be ranked in the top 20 next week.

I feel really good about next year with Brin.

Defense carried us today. Player was amazing, especially in the critical 2nd half without Collins. Offense with Smith is very concerning. We should’ve scored twice as many points as we did, but a win is a win. It’s great to beat Navy, even when they’re not very good.

Glad we were able to keep Collins out for the second half. I am sure they were tempted to put him back in when Navy was moving the ball.

I’m letting it soak in, for sure.

Beating Navy...Boom
Clinching the AAC Title Game...Boom
Having one of the best defenses in the country...Boom

It will be very difficult for TU to beat Cincy with Smith as the QB.

However, Monty has made it clear that “he’s the guy”.

I’m looking forward to everyone getting healthy and the defense scoring some touchdowns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Hopefully smith didn’t get banged up more today.

If we do end up playing Cincy twice back to back (No Covid for either team) then I'm really curious how close you should play your cards as a coach? Homefield will be on the line... but do you show everything in week one when it's really week two that you care about?

Good teams find a way to win. Not the most exciting one, but any conference road win is a good one.

Now let’s wait for Cincinnati to Covid out on us.
We still should have won this game by 24 pts. Hate to be the downer after a big win and getting a monkey off our back by winning at Navy, BUT our offense is stagnant with Smith at QB. We cannot beat Cincinnati if it takes Smith 2.5 quarters to find his footing and range. He even missed a TD pass late where Stokes was wide open on the streak. Brin is just more accurate and his ball seemingly bites through the wind better based on the Tulane game.

The defense is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS!!! We have so many freaking LBs who can flat out fly to the football. Sawyer, Revels, Wright, Kulkin, Reeves. So much speed!!! Jaxon Player showed his Aaron Donald side today. He did some things that simply pre-empted Navy from doing what they wanted on offense. Several timesI saw him submarining the Navy OL forcing plays outside with + matchups. Player should be DPOW after that performance. How many times do DL total 12 tackles, 4.5 TFLs, and 2 sacks? It’s really unheard of.

Good win but we’re still not good enough or consistent enough on offense.

Kelly Hines needs to do a story on Jaxon Player. That guy is something special! How did Baylor miss on him?

There are high school coaches that will tell you he was the best DL in Texas that year(maybe a slight exaggeration), but none of the big boys wanted him because he was only 6’0. He dominated some highly rated OL in that class

Last edited:
I liked the game fine. Im pretty bi polar and melty as a fan so this team is pretty fun for me.

I get why he keeps Smith in. Its loyalty..its his team...all that. We are all bitter and grumpy TU fans who have been put through an abusive relationship with Tulsa Athletics for the last 10 years so its easy for us to scream at the sky that monty sucks.

We are 6-1 and 6-0 in a really good AAC. We will be ranked in the top 20 next week.

Reading this was like watching Captain Cane take his head off and seeing the real person underneath. 10/10 post.

Defense carried us today. Player was amazing, especially in the critical 2nd half without Collins. Offense with Smith is very concerning. We should’ve scored twice as many points as we did, but a win is a win. It’s great to beat Navy, even when they’re not very good.
They might not be as good but they still hit low at the knees and play dirty.

I'll rain on your parade a little. I think Smith will be back next year, and though we will be top 20 in AP/Coaches Poll, I don't think so on the CFP.

Super happy here
And not convinced that Cincy is superior
UCF v TU by 8 CU by 3
Prediction line CU by 5

There are high school coaches that will tell you he was the best DL in Texas that year(maybe a slight exaggeration), but none of the big boys wanted him because he was only 6’0. He dominated some highly rated OL in that class
He was in the 2018 class. A lot of those guys played right away. They are part of the core team now. But at the signing day presser, it was Player that got the attention from the coaches as a steal. A potential special player. He showed it immediately.

Last edited:
if i was coach i would say we have covid and take a week to heal... God knows other teams have done it.

If you think about it... there is no need to play CIN twice... we should skip to the championship in two weeks... in a neutral site like Jerry World...

Would be best for bowl chance pf the champion. The worst thing that could happen is if the winner of the championship split those two games.

We have a history of some really good players who didn’t meet the measurement criteria

Ken Neapolitanimolo gets emotional during Senior Day at the Academy. Wonder what his emotions were like around 1630 Eastern? heh!,heh!,heh! 17 consecutive wins on Senior Day-there won't be 18. heh!,heh!heh! BTW-Go Navy, beat Army! TU Football-1st,last,always!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT