ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

I agree, best fantasy series I've seen in awhile. Very good casting. I'm just hoping they play a story out rather than giving us a season or two then dumping it mid-story as HBO has a tendency to do.

I'm a big fan. From what I've read online about the books (haven't actually read the books) as long as they follow the storylines in the books it should keep its current viewers and gain more.

The story is going to start getting more intense next weekend.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

got the first book...this time tv actually does it justice...but there's still more in the book than the show...good reading...

uzi.gif
nuke zero u

Kind of spoilers below:

Are wight walkers zombies? I'm so confused.

Originally posted by cmullinsTU:
Kind of spoilers below:

Are wight walkers zombies? I'm so confused.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

The Wight Walkers are people killed by "The Others," once killed they are then undead similar to zombies. Wight Walker are controled by The Others, you can kill them by complete dismemberment or setting them on fire.

Wight Walkers

Anybody else catch the Season Finale? I don't usually get into fantasy/sci-fi series too often but I'm hooked.

Looking forward to next season, might actually read the books between now and then.

Yeah, I'm hooked and need another fix of this show now. I even like the characters I'm supposed to hate.

I decided not to wait for next season either. Went out over the weekend and bought the next 3 books. The fifth one is coming out in July. Right now you can pre-order it for about $18.

Originally posted by Gold*:
Yeah, I'm hooked and need another fix of this show now. I even like the characters I'm supposed to hate.

I think that is really an attribute of GRRM's writing style. Entertaining characters, all of which you can fall in love with.

Originally posted by ThisIsTulsa:
Originally posted by Gold*:

I think that is really an attribute of GRRM's writing style. Entertaining characters, all of which you can fall in love with.

Except Joffrey. Nothing to like about the kid. I'm planning on starting the 2nd book this weekend.

Yeah, Joffrey isn't even likeable evil. He's the Mike Piazza of the story. I'm not big on his mom, either; she talks a big game but is just as worthless as many others.

The other completely irredeemable character is the duchess (or whatever) that breastfeeds the teenager. That's just f'd up.

Another character I hate is that bastard "drill sargeant" to the new recruits at the Wall who is a complete bastard to the Bastard Jon Snow.

That bastard!

I'm looking forward to the next season and I'm tempted to go get the books myself but don't know if that will affect my appreciation of the show or not. I hope Arya sticks the pointy end of her stick into Joffrey pretty soon. They killed off Ned and I think Joffrey needs to be the next to go.

For the strategy gamers out there "A Game of Thrones-Genesis" game is going to be released later this summer:

If you're one of the many many people who's been enjoying the hit "Game of Thrones" HBO series, then you know you're in for a dry spell, what with Season 1 having ended and Season 2 not starting up until next spring.
Of course, true fans of the series know that it's based on the best-selling "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series from author George R.R. Martin and they are happily filling the void between seasons by reading "A Dance with Dragons," the just-released and very-long-awaited book number five in the saga. (Which, by the way, has been flying off shelves.)
But if you just can't get enough of the world Martin has created and are looking for even more fodder to feed your medieval longings, then check out the new screenshots we have below from the forthcoming PC game based on the book series.
"A Game of Thrones - Genesis" is a real-time strategy game developed by French developer Cyanide Studio and is due to launch later this summer on a date yet-to-be specified. It's described by its creators thusly:
"A Game of Thrones - Genesis" immerses you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Houses that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros. Live the origins of the A Song of Ice and Fire saga through more than 1000 years of History, and take part in Westeros' founding events and largest battles such as Aegon the Conqueror's invasion on the continent or the War of the Usurper.
In this great strategy game, victory does not necessarily result from brute force. You can choose to use a military approach and besiege your opponents, strangle them in an economical war, or even use dirty tricks and diplomacy to politically crush them.

Game

I did go out and buy the first four books with the fifth one being shipped from my book club in two weeks. I'm about halfway through the first book at this point and while there are variations in the series they did a good job of bringing out the highlights of the book and they cast the characters very well. There are a lot of details in the book that don't really translate to visuals so it's definitely worth reading the books.

Yeah the books are incredible, I've read the first four and just started the fifth. The guy can write, his (and others, he edits and writes story lines) Wild Cards series is Marvel on steroids with a cutting realistic edge. The best thing about GRRM is that you never know when he'll just kill a character off, sometimes in the most unremarkable ways possible, like getting robbed and then being hung. I wanted to see the series but no HBO so I'll have to wait till dvd is out. Glad to hear it is coming off so well. If you liked the first season the second and third (if based on second and third books)will blow your mind. The twists are incredible.

I know the new season doesn't start until January but I thought I would bump this up anyway. I'm just starting the fourth book and I'm amazed what he does with and to some of his characters. Littlefinger is much more slimy in the book than he was on the TV series, we'll see if he gets slimier as the series progresses. I find myself wondering how they will cast some of the new characters in upcoming episodes, what will Brienne of Tarth look like on the screen, how will they handle the futures of Renly and Robb, if they get that far will the giants be CGI?

I need to start reading the books. I'm thinking about picking up an audio copy of the 2nd book and going from there. I'm starting a new job that will require lots of car time so I was thinking it'd be a good use of time.

Does the 2nd season really start in January? I thought it wasn't coming back until March/April?

Originally posted by nevadanatural:
Littlefinger is much more slimy in the book than he was on the TV series, we'll see if he gets slimier as the series progresses.

Littlefinger is slimier and Cersei gets even more evil, if you can believe that. Just starting book five. Martin did something unusual in book four. He split the characters geographically and only wrote from the perspective of half the characters. The fifth book is not sequential to book four; it runs parallel to it, picking up the story from the perspective of the remaining characters that he did not include in book four. At some point in book five the timelines will merge and then continue on together. He is a very unorthodox author. Has anybody read any of his other stuff? Is it as good? He drives me crazy.

Red wedding...cold blooded episode. The Starks haven't had a good year.

Lord Voldemort posted on Twitter last night the following:

"George R R Martin has avada kedavared more people. He is three people away from becoming a Dark Lord."

Yeah, well I think that he will get there by the next episode myself.
This post was edited on 6/3 12:19 PM by TUTigerCane

Apparently George R.R. Martin did not write the Red Wedding chapters of the book until he had written every other chapter, as it was a "painful experience" to write. Now the world knows why.

Originally posted by bluegold70:
you ain't seen nothing yet!!

uzi.r191677.gif
more nukes to come
This is correct. To all of the people that haven't read the books, brace yourself.

Reading the books. TV follows the books closely, but more in the books. Book 3 goes on a ways after season 3 ends... about 150 pages more it seems.

My countless hours had better be billable these days.

They are splitting the 3rd book into 2 seasons I believe. So the last half of the third book will be season 4. I guess they thought that too much happened in the 3rd book to squeeze into one season. Which makes sense, the 3rd book is nuts. Especially the last 200 pages or so.

Season three cut off just before a bunch of stuff goes down. All in maybe 200 pages... so 1/4 of the book. Season 4 will almost co train part of book 4 (which is considerably slower - unless alluded to events are portrayed or battles elaborated.

I just binged all 5 and a half seasons in two weeks. I'm not sure wether to be proud of myself or ashamed.

Either way, this is an awesome series.
My GF and I did the same thing this spring before Season 6 started. One Saturday we didn't even leave the house we were so into it. Season 6 has been awesome so far. Can't believe how HBO gets away with all the nudity and sex.
Speaking of nudity, my top best bewbies on GoT are:

1) Red Witch (when she has the necklace on. not when she is 800 year old hag)
2) Cersei (that walk of shame was outstanding)
3) Khaleesi (the mother of dragons nursed them with some very fine ta tas)

The last two episodes of season 6 are the best episodes of the entire series from my perspective. Glad this thread got bumped up. They are way beyond the books now so when the Winds of Winter and Promise of Spring come out it will be like reading a new story.

The last two episodes of season 6 are the best episodes of the entire series from my perspective. Glad this thread got bumped up. They are way beyond the books now so when the Winds of Winter and Promise of Spring come out it will be like reading a new story.
I agree, Season 6 ep 9 was some of the best TV I have seen in quite some time (if not ever). Amazing battle scenes and great story direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT