ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Game Attendance

Two floor seats at a godawful Taylor Shift show were free. The guy next to us paid $2200 ... a piece.

Someone should've paid you $2200 just to sit through a Taylor Swift show! I'd rather spend $2200 on a brand new turntable, stereo and speakers and crank up some Waylon or Elvis with a glass of whiskey. TU should add awareness to the vettix campaign you mentioned. I have never seen a facebook post come through about that yet. Could really help the program attract more people to the games.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Mustang is tough but beatable.
If Jenks can get by them I think they’ll make it to the Championship.

The OSSAA just announced that all state championship games will be at UCO in Edmond this year.
They’ll change it if it’s Owasso and Jenks and Skelly is available. They’d make a ton more on gate vs if they keep it in Edmond.

They’ll change it if it’s Owasso and Jenks and Skelly is available. They’d make a ton more on gate vs if they keep it in Edmond.

They’ve already been asked about that and claim the site won’t change. More west side hijinks if you ask me.

They’ve already been asked about that and claim the site won’t change. More west side hijinks if you ask me.
They say it every year...and they always try to get Skelly if it’s all East side teams. Playing there with Owasso and Jenks could mean 4-5k extra fans at $8 a pop.

They say it every year...and they always try to get Skelly if it’s all East side teams. Playing there with Owasso and Jenks could mean 4-5k extra fans at $8 a pop.

One of the first questions at the news conference was whether the OSSAA would have leeway to move a potential all-Tulsa 6AI final to the University of Tulsa’s H.A. Chapman Stadium.

In 2014, when its five-year contract with Oklahoma State University was coming to an end, the OSSAA moved the Jenks-Union final from Stillwater back to Tulsa.

But it likely wouldn’t do the same thing this time, Jackson said.

“One of the positives that went into pursuing this was working with the coaches association and those schools (Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union) are part of that,” he said. “So when we hear from the (OFCA) that ‘we’re interested,’ we assume that means ‘we’re all interested.’ ”

One of the first questions at the news conference was whether the OSSAA would have leeway to move a potential all-Tulsa 6AI final to the University of Tulsa’s H.A. Chapman Stadium.

In 2014, when its five-year contract with Oklahoma State University was coming to an end, the OSSAA moved the Jenks-Union final from Stillwater back to Tulsa.

But it likely wouldn’t do the same thing this time, Jackson said.

“One of the positives that went into pursuing this was working with the coaches association and those schools (Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union) are part of that,” he said. “So when we hear from the (OFCA) that ‘we’re interested,’ we assume that means ‘we’re all interested.’ ”
Yeah, pretty sure the extra $30k means more to the OSSAA than their word does. OSSAA is almost as bad as the NCAA.

Owasso vs Union at Chapman had at least 20K, maybe 25K.
UCO sits 10K :(
And it’s a Gawd Awful stadium with piss poor parking (sound familiar) their campus lighting sucks, and try crossing the street. (Even in the crosswalks) without getting run down. No chance I’ll watch a game in December on that campus.

And it’s a Gawd Awful stadium with piss poor parking (sound familiar) their campus lighting sucks, and try crossing the street. (Even in the crosswalks) without getting run down. No chance I’ll watch a game in December on that campus.
Still not convinced if it ends up being Owasso vs Jenks that they don't try to move it to Skelly. I know what they said (and heard the press question when they announced it)...but I simply can't imagine OSSAA turning down a potential $80k in gate revenue and I'm pretty sure neither Blankenship nor Riggs want to get on buses to drive for 2 hours to play in Edmond when they can go 20 minutes up the road, have more fans who will buy tickets, etc.

I'm fine if they move things east to west year to year as a plan. Play in Taft Stadium in OKC (although I'm not sure if Taft even has football lines on it anymore or if it is permanently a soccer only facility) one year and in Skelly the next. Contingency is to play on the side of the state if both participants are from east schools or west schools.

Last edited:
So things are playing out in the HS 6A1 playoffs that it will likely end up being an east team winning again and will likely be 2 East teams playing for the state championship. Jenks beat Mustang, and Moore upset Edmond Santa Fe so the road for Jenks to the title game a little bit easier than anticipated. After a slow start, Owasso whomped on Norman. I went to the BA/Union game. It was a barn burner and very back and forth in the 4Q. BA won 35-31 and will play Owasso next week.

1st- Andrew Raym is already getting the preferential ref treatment. Put a full on choke hold and took down Union’s DE a couple of time...no call. 2nd- BA has a kicker, Tyler a Crawford, who has an absolutely monster leg. Kick offs routinely to the back of the end zone. Watched him warm up at half time and he was kicking accurately from 55. The 3 he tried from 43, 45, and 48 looked easy (BA didn’t attempt any FGs in the game). Union basically played a wildcat all game. Their QB maybe threw 5 passes until the last 40 seconds. 2 headed monster in AJ Green and Roman Banks (QB) running the football. Banks went down with cramps (apparently) and Union brought in a QB who looked like your prototypical pocket passer. 6’2 or 6’3 with a big time arm. Only threw one pass in his 6-7 snaps. Right on the money with a slant into the end zone that the WR dropped. If anything, the QB may have brown it too hard. My guess is there will be more than a few colleges taking a look at this kid.

Jenks beat Moore 42-28 in the semifinals tonight so for the umpteenth time in a row, the state champion will come from the east side of the state.

Will look forward to see how the OSSAA rolls back on their site location for the 6A1 games.

Bixby and Stillwater might be a really good game for the 6A2 championship

Congrats Owasso and BB. He is a really really good HS coach and I don’t mean that as a a knock.

Another all east side finals. Next proposal for OSSAA put forth by some west side school is separating into East and west 6As.

Congrats Owasso and BB. He is a really really good HS coach and I don’t mean that as a a knock.

This year’s run was somewhat unexpected. This team has nowhere near the star power as the one 2 years ago. He’s done a really good job having them ready to play each week.

“Blankenship can coach some prep ball”.

Another all east side finals. Next proposal for OSSAA put forth by some west side school is separating into East and west 6As.
That separation has been there for years on the field. I get what your saying though. Class 5A Carl Albert and Bishop McG may be the best two teams and they aren't even 6A. I'd bet that even if either Edmond or Moore schools put together a select team from their district they would still not be able to hang with the best east side schools.

I remember a quote saying a good football coach can take his and beat yours then can take yours and beat his. At the HS level Blankenship appears to be able to do that.

“He can take his’n and beat your’n, and then he can turn around and take your’n and beat his’n.”

Bum Phillips talking about Bear Bryant

Reactions: HuffyCane
“He can take his’n and beat your’n, and then he can turn around and take your’n and beat his’n.”

Bum Phillips talking about Bear Bryant

"Have you called your mama this week? I sure wish I could still call my mama..." -Bear Bryant during chalkboard talk

"Yeah, uh welp, ya know..."
-Monty stumbling over his redneck, idiotic preamble trying to formulate a cogent response to ANY presented question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT