I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
What’s your plan for tomorrow night?

a - I’m in
b - I’m out
c - l’ve got a conflict
d - I just don’t care

Reactions: Buzzy56
Watching on ESPN2 (TV numbers are important for us and the conference) from the east coast. Would attend if in Tulsa but only for the players sake. I would also express my displeasure about the staff and university commitment to competitive football to Gragg, Clancy or anyone else that can impact change.

A. And maybe my wife and kids will come too...but they may not care if it's cold. I know my wife would rather be warm than at a game.

A. But out of the 10 or 12 that we usually tailgate with, I will be the only one attending.

A, ski clothes ready to stay warm. Staying at the game until it's decided, but not a minute more. Hopefully, that gets me into the 3rd quarter.

A but not too excited about the game itself. I've learned to expect nothing from TU football, and TU has surprised with how competitive they've been through most games this year.

Going to the games in itself can be an enjoyable experience completely apart from the game. Just being outside, spending time with friends, braving the elements... the availability of beer certainly boosts that! Bring back Chic Fil A though!

Honest reflection: I'm not sure. If the wife wants to go, I'm in. If she's out, it probably depends on whether or not I can convince someone to go with me. It kind of hurts to see myself typing that out, but I'm afraid the game will be more frustrating than fun.

I may have found the limit of my motivation. For the time being anyway, I'm sure I'm dumb enough to hop back on the bus in time for next year.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Honest reflection: I'm not sure. If the wife wants to go, I'm in. If she's out, it probably depends on whether or not I can convince someone to go with me. It kind of hurts to see myself typing that out, but I'm afraid the game will be more frustrating than fun.

I may have found the limit of my motivation. For the time being anyway, I'm sure I'm dumb enough to hop back on the bus in time for next year.
You could have typed this in 1989, 1999, and even the 5-7 Graham OC 2009 year. You’ve captured a key part of our identity here. No apologies necessary

B and D. Not driving up for the game but may watch it on TV. At least if I don’t start drinking shots again like I did one time during a game based on predictable offensive play calling.

My family is out. Working the Owasso game for the wife and I.
Dad has other commitments. Sisters hubby is out of town. Other sister is preparing to move.

Our attendance will be pretty bad for a variety of reasons but the USF attendance is very sparse tonight.

I’ll be there and bringing two guests. To quote David Puddy.....gotta “support the team”. I will not however, be painting my face.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Anyone care to take a guess at actual attendance? We’re up to 18 so far.

Oops 20. Forgot about the Iowa St guy.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Friday’s are for high school football.

and winning

I am older and do not do outside activities when it gets this cold. I probably would not go to the game even if Tulsa was undefeated.

I will go. How long I stay will be determined by the score and the temperature.
Cold weather games are not as enjoyable as they were 25 years ago.

Reactions: 4tu2
C-It’s Friday night lights in Oklahoma for the High Schools and I haven’t missed one in 25 years. So, I’m out with a conflict and still hate TV for forcing my Friday night games for content.

Friday’s are for high school football.

and winning

It’s Senior night at Bixby, Jenks and Owasso. Those 3 communities all support their teams really well. Even in a good year, they would likely combine to exceed Tulsa attendance on any given Friday.

Word: ski underclothes and hand/foot warmers - will be a toasty 45

actual attendance 2,500
announced 12,500
as always the West stands will look empty on TV except for any visiting UCF fans, the band and a 100 or so students.

I’ll bet we have a few of the usual suspects running the “post nonsense” route.

A but not too excited about the game itself. I've learned to expect nothing from TU football, and TU has surprised with how competitive they've been through most games this year.

Going to the games in itself can be an enjoyable experience completely apart from the game. Just being outside, spending time with friends, braving the elements... the availability of beer certainly boosts that! Bring back Chic Fil A though!

Speak of the devil!

actual attendance 2,500
announced 12,500
as always the EAST stands will look empty on TV except for any visiting UCF fans, the band and a 100 or so students.
FIFY

actual attendance 2,500
announced 12,500
as always the West stands will look empty on TV except for any visiting UCF fans, the band and a 100 or so students.
It's Friday, if we have more than 50 students that aren't band members at the game I'll be shocked.

O/U on the number of actual bodies in attendance: 9500
O/U on announced attendance: 16,542

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT