ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Kevin Wilson

I like the NFL just because they are up front about getting paid.. college plays the game pretending that they are "student athletes".. seriously.. at any level other than D2 & D3 and a few smaller D1 programs, these kids are pseudo pro right now. The programs are pseudo pro with GM's and massive media contracts.. the players play potentially 15 games per year.. i dont blame the kids for chasing the bag.
Agree 1000%, but they're not psuedo pro, they are full on pro. Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Those are professional sports teams, full stop. The fact that you require your players to go to classes doesn't change the fact that they're professional athletes. I have to take legal classes not to get disbarred, that doesn't make me a student-lawyer...

Agree 1000%, but they're not psuedo pro, they are full on pro. Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Those are professional sports teams, full stop. The fact that you require your players to go to classes doesn't change the fact that they're professional athletes. I have to take legal classes not to get disbarred, that doesn't make me a student-lawyer...
Intramurals or D2 / D3 are now the purest form of what college football was supposed to be. Wish they had some inter-school games between the best actual non-scholarship students at major universities.

I want a rule where the coach has to be a student and they can’t coach more than 4 years.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT