ADVERTISEMENT

Episode 1 of Reign'n Cane is out. Why he launched the show.

I can't wait to see what he brings. I would love to see the behind the scenes during a football game. Shoot I wouldn't mind seeing pieces on people who you normally wouldn't think about but make the whole thing run. Like interview the equipment manager, show their process in what they do to prepare for a game and what they do once a game is over. Show what it's like on a bus-ride or on the plane. How does the hotel stays work, what are the rules, what do the players do that night before in the hotel. Are they in their rooms going over tape? Are they playing PS5 to get their minds off things? What is the process.

Hopefully he's on here reading. I think a lot of the actual fans on here have great insights but also real criticisms of things that don't get talked about but aren't cruel or mean. I'd love to see some game film breakdown with Jerry and keep it real in terms of "well, this was a poor decision to throw here and this is why". we should be able to criticize play calling or personnel decisions. I always fear that Poplin's association with the university (or any other media member they give access to) prevents him from being rightly critical of things that happen in the game for fear that he will lose that access to the players, coaches, or the program. Let's not bitch to just bitch (like Aston), but if you're breaking down film and there are mistakes or errors in clock management from the coaches, you should be able to call it out and ask questions about it. Like no media member in Tulsa EVER questioned Monty's clock management or the lack of discipline from certain players that resulted in a multitude of personal fouls against them and severely cost the team. I think many of us on here are able to do that in the weekly Game Thoughts on the pay board and for the most part, we respect one another enough to enter into that discussion without getting personal (most, not all are capable of this).

I feel like sometimes the team has a game that is an absolute dumpster fire of errors and the local media goes all Officer Barbrady saying "Nothing to see here...." and proceeds to offer some softball questions.

Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT