ADVERTISEMENT

Early Offical Game Prediction Tulane at #25 Tulsa

I am assuming there is a first quarter meltdown and Tulane jumps to an early lead. I see TU showing up in the middle of the second quarter to stall them out and then the offense to wipe the sleep out of there eyes at halftime and winning the game after that

TU - 40
The other TU - 17

Reactions: quincy101
Oysters 21
Osage Mountain Oysters 24

Last edited:
I am assuming there is a first quarter meltdown and Tulane jumps to an early lead. I see TU showing up in the middle of the second quarter to stall them out and then the offense to wipe the sleep out of there eyes at halftime and winning the game after that

TU - 40
The other TU - 17
So Tulane has yet to put together a full 60 minute game against any decent opponents.

I like this prediction BTW. Tulane's defense isn't any good and if Monty just comes out with us playing fast and up tempo, I think it helps Zach Smith find a rhythm early. This slow down, check with me crap really gets at us for some reason. It's like sabotage from within. Heck, if we ran the play to Palmer for the TD, we should run it play 1 against Tulane. Tulane is going to sit run on that down with us and the play action and roll out give Smith a few options, dump it to the TE or maybe Crawford wiggles loose down field. Either way it's unexpected and keeps Tulane off balance (which is why the play worked the other day).

This has trap game written all over it. Offense comes out slow and team has a lot of unnecessary penalties. Tulane scores off of turnovers

Tulsa 27
Tulane 21

Reactions: HuffyCane
This has trap game written all over it. Offense comes out slow and team has a lot of unnecessary penalties. Tulane scores off of turnovers

Tulsa 27
Tulane 21
I don't see it. I think the short week is actually a blessing for us and hopefully it keeps us in rhythm. We haven't played games on consecutive weeks yet, right? That might be part of Smith's problem. Practice is never game speed or physicality and when you practice against your own team, you know what's coming.

The trap game will be whatever game is the week before Cincinnati if we're still undefeated in conference at that time. While I don't think our coach is a good head coach, I think we have some definite leaders on the team and they don't let us slip like that.

I think it helps that Tulane is feeling good after a fourth quarter blowout over Army, due to turnovers. Confidence on both sides.

I don't see it. I think the short week is actually a blessing for us and hopefully it keeps us in rhythm. We haven't played games on consecutive weeks yet, right? That might be part of Smith's problem. Practice is never game speed or physicality and when you practice against your own team, you know what's coming.

The trap game will be whatever game is the week before Cincinnati if we're still undefeated in conference at that time. While I don't think our coach is a good head coach, I think we have some definite leaders on the team and they don't let us slip like that.

We played consecutive weeks in USF and ECU.

Excluding the USF game, our other 4 games have been decided by an average of ~6 points, I don't see this one as any different.

Assuming it gets played:

The Best TU - 28 (would be 31 but we miss a FG)
The 2nd Best TU - 21 (they miss a FG too)

Not making a prediction but I think Jaxon Player and Sam Crawford come on for big games on Thursday.

Tulane has been running a bunch of pistol / shotgun sets due to theinexperience of their true freshman QB. Hopefully they don’t mix in too much triple option which gave us fits defensively last season.

The last thing Rick Dixon did at Tulane was order anger mgt. classes for the Green Wave. Didn't work but being angry doesn't win many games (or create a cool looking logo). I, too, worry about a "trap game" but this time Zach Smith starts & finishes in good form & it's TU-38 a Kinder, Gentler Wave-33.

With Wille Fritz as coach, Tulane is no longer an easy W. He’s really done a great job, winning bowl games the last 2 seasons.
I think our defense helps us in this potential trap game.

Tulsa 27 Tulane 20

With Wille Fritz as coach, Tulane is no longer an easy W. He’s really done a great job, winning bowl games the last 2 seasons.
I think our defense helps us in this potential trap game.

Tulsa 27 Tulane 20

We haven't beat them in three years.
L 26-38
L 17-24
L 28-62
This shouldn't be looked at as a trap game, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
If we want to have a nice season, TU wins
If we want to stay in the top 25, we have the kind of a game we had at South Florida.

If we win by a goofy game then others go around us. My hopes

TU 35
Two Lane 14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT