ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody want to talk about this week's game?

I love playing the ole Coogs. It’s typically an entertaining game.

Unfortunately, the Golden Hurricane will get pounded this week.

If Skipper starts we will score 4 or 5 TDs. If President starts we will score 0 to 2 TDs.

If Houston participates your offense will score 4-5 more TDs than Tulsa.

Nobody has scored 4 or 5 tds on us all season, Tulsa won't be any different regardless who starts at qb.

Nobody has scored 4 or 5 tds on us all season, Tulsa won't be any different regardless who starts at qb.

There we go... you didn't want to talk about the game. You just wanted to be a douche and tell anyone who said anything positive about TU how they were wrong.

Don't you have your own board where you guys can stroke each other's egos?

You guys will win easily on Saturday, there isn't really much to talk about. But again, you're not here to talk about the game, you're here to stir the pot.

Coog May be wrong again. President playing will be a guaranteed Coog win. Skipper gives us a better offense that is not one dimensional.

Best result is a Coog high defeat.

B+ troll effort. Right place, solid timing, subtle. Good effort, but subtly telling a beat down fan base that assumes they are going to lose that they will lose isn't that devastating. Also, congratulations to Houston in being #1 in 2 statistical categories this year:
Blocked kicks allowed
Blocked punts allowed

Weak sauce I know, but its all I got right now. I'm too beat down as a fan to even fall back on academics as the ole' standby bastion of defeated fan bases and I think its too soon for hurricane jokes. Sadly, Tulsa is not a good football team.

But here's how we can win;

Houston hasn't played anyone very good. I know you beat Arizona and almost beat Tech, but between them the most impressive win they have is over a 2-3 Arizona St. team. So I don't think Houston football is as invincible as Houston fans might think.

Your offense is OK (41st passing, 65th rushing, 53rd overall), but we will make it look great. You will go over 500 yards (650 should be your goal) and probably score 7 or 8 times. I'm guessing 48 points. Tulsa's defense is miserable, like ECU level of bad. Our best defense is going to be if we can have some offensive spark that holds the ball for 20 minutes or more.

But I hope our offense is a surprise. We can run the ball, we've proven that so well everyone just stacks the box now and shuts us down. But before, we couldn't pass, like 17 passing yards going into the 4th level of can't pass. We finally switched QBs and last game had a spark in the passing game. If that spark catches fire the run game will really open up and there could be some big numbers. Tulsa has a chance to make it a shootout because...

Your defense is a little sub par (97th passing, 69th rushing, 77th overall), even given your moderate schedule. It will be the second worst defense we have faced and we won that game. Houston also gets hit with batches of fumble-itis, which we will need.

So... if the stars align, our shiny new QB hits some targets, and a few balls bounce our way - Tulsa could win. Tulsa should win. Tulsa will win. Oh yeah, this is going to be great. Kitty tears are full of salty goodness. Oh man I can't wait. Wait, no. NO. Put down the kool aid and back away from the punch bowl...

...I don't think that happens. Tulsa isn't a good football team. Houston beats Tulsa by 17 (or worse), survives Memphis, loses to South Florida, takes its frustrations out on Tulane, and has enough speed to survive Navy's triple option. 10-2 season. Congratulations and represent the conference well at the bowl. We will be watching from home this year.

Your defense is a little sub par (97th passing, 69th rushing, 77th overall), even given your moderate schedule. It will be the second worst defense we have faced and we won that game.

Won't troll, but will contribute to the football discussion.

You can say the schedule is moderate, but the offenses faced are not. UH has faced #7, 13, and 16 in total offense

Of course yards aren't most important. Points are. UH has flplayed #2, 8, and 15 in scoring offense. But every team UH has faced this season scored their least points vs UH. Even after playing 3 of the highest scoring teams in the nation, UH is #12 in scoring defense

So unless you think yards are more important than points, I wouldn't say the defense is sub par

Won't troll, but will contribute to the football discussion.

You can say the schedule is moderate, but the offenses faced are not. UH has faced #7, 13, and 16 in total offense

Of course yards aren't most important. Points are. UH has flplayed #2, 8, and 15 in scoring offense. But every team UH has faced this season scored their least points vs UH. Even after playing 3 of the highest scoring teams in the nation, UH is #12 in scoring defense

So unless you think yards are more important than points, I wouldn't say the defense is sub par
You guys will beat us pretty easily, we are definitely rebuilding this year, hope the Hurricane didn't do any damage to you or your friends houses

B+ troll effort. Right place, solid timing, subtle. Good effort, but subtly telling a beat down fan base that assumes they are going to lose that they will lose isn't that devastating. Also, congratulations to Houston in being #1 in 2 statistical categories this year:
Blocked kicks allowed
Blocked punts allowed

Weak sauce I know, but its all I got right now. I'm too beat down as a fan to even fall back on academics as the ole' standby bastion of defeated fan bases and I think its too soon for hurricane jokes. Sadly, Tulsa is not a good football team.

But here's how we can win;

Houston hasn't played anyone very good. I know you beat Arizona and almost beat Tech, but between them the most impressive win they have is over a 2-3 Arizona St. team. So I don't think Houston football is as invincible as Houston fans might think.

Your offense is OK (41st passing, 65th rushing, 53rd overall), but we will make it look great. You will go over 500 yards (650 should be your goal) and probably score 7 or 8 times. I'm guessing 48 points. Tulsa's defense is miserable, like ECU level of bad. Our best defense is going to be if we can have some offensive spark that holds the ball for 20 minutes or more.

But I hope our offense is a surprise. We can run the ball, we've proven that so well everyone just stacks the box now and shuts us down. But before, we couldn't pass, like 17 passing yards going into the 4th level of can't pass. We finally switched QBs and last game had a spark in the passing game. If that spark catches fire the run game will really open up and there could be some big numbers. Tulsa has a chance to make it a shootout because...

Your defense is a little sub par (97th passing, 69th rushing, 77th overall), even given your moderate schedule. It will be the second worst defense we have faced and we won that game. Houston also gets hit with batches of fumble-itis, which we will need.

So... if the stars align, our shiny new QB hits some targets, and a few balls bounce our way - Tulsa could win. Tulsa should win. Tulsa will win. Oh yeah, this is going to be great. Kitty tears are full of salty goodness. Oh man I can't wait. Wait, no. NO. Put down the kool aid and back away from the punch bowl...

...I don't think that happens. Tulsa isn't a good football team. Houston beats Tulsa by 17 (or worse), survives Memphis, loses to South Florida, takes its frustrations out on Tulane, and has enough speed to survive Navy's triple option. 10-2 season. Congratulations and represent the conference well at the bowl. We will be watching from home this year.

Now that's funny.

TU has no defense and very little offense so...

Houston 58 -- Tulsa 20

...of course it could be much worse!!!

Knowing the coogies, it will be much worse! Cuz the pussies have NO CLASS WHATSOEVER!!!!!

NUKE the pussies!!!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Knowing the coogies, it will be much worse! Cuz the pussies have NO CLASS WHATSOEVER!!!!!

NUKE the pussies!!!

One of the Coog faithful criticisms of Applewhite so far is that he goes super conservative on offense in the 2nd half with a lead. We had no offensive 2nd half points until the 3rd game of the season when we were losing. In the 4th game we scored on the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter and nothing after. SMU we finally scored rice in the 2nd half when ahead

You don't have to run it up, but not scoring with a lead in a close game will eventually cause a loss

One of the Coog faithful criticisms of Applewhite so far is that he goes super conservative on offense in the 2nd half with a lead. We had no offensive 2nd half points until the 3rd game of the season when we were losing. In the 4th game we scored on the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter and nothing after. SMU we finally scored rice in the 2nd half when ahead

You don't have to run it up, but not scoring with a lead in a close game will eventually cause a loss
Cool, I think we can handle pulling off a first half deficit so we can lull you into losing in the second half.

Y'all scored rice....white or brown!?!? That coog edjumacation is paying dividends!!!

NUKE coog high!!!!!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Y'all scored rice....white or brown!?!? That coog edjumacation is paying dividends!!!

NUKE coog high!!!!!

Irony...

But I will try to respond. I'm going to assume "Y'all scored Rice" is meant to be "scored against Rice"

I said UH hadn't scored in the 2nd half. It was 38-0 at half time and 38-3 at the end of the game. Don't even need my math degree to know UH didn't score in the 2nd half based on that.

At least we know he's not still alive because he lived a virtuous life, must be his being a stubborn old bastard that still has him kicking.

Reactions: bluegold70
Again, why are you here? No one wants to talk to you. At least the other coog fan is civil.

You guys keep trying to be petty but I'm the one who's not civil? Oh please.

Anyway, like our last few qbs, our current one is also a dual threat but more of a power runner like Tebow. While he's very mobile, he likes to bulldoze opponents than dodge them. We still have the same receiverwls as last year's game.

Our front seven is mostly the same except for two different linebackers and our secondary is different outside of safety.

Tulsa's oline has the stop Oliver and keep our qb Postma from running if they want a chance to win.

You guys keep trying to be petty but I'm the one who's not civil? Oh please.

Anyway, like our last few qbs, our current one is also a dual threat but more of a power runner like Tebow. While he's very mobile, he likes to bulldoze opponents than dodge them. We still have the same receiverwls as last year's game.

Our front seven is mostly the same except for two different linebackers and our secondary is different outside of safety.

Tulsa's oline has the stop Oliver and keep our qb Postma from running if they want a chance to win.

Cool

Reactions: Gold*
You don't have to run it up, but not scoring with a lead in a close game will eventually cause a loss[/QUOTE]

Glad you feel that way, NTX Coog. Kindred spirits Yeoman and Jack Pardee would not be happy about that.

Fitting that Yeoman's last game against Tulsa was a loss to TU in 1986 in the Astrodome.

I hope all the other Houston fans have moved on from the Yeoman and Pardee mentality.

Good to have some discussion of this year's game on the board.

Love to hear from Kitty fans. That's what makes these boards more interesting. Tulsa fans are waiting with baited breath to see if we switch quarterbacks and put some pressure on your secondary. If the defense doesn't pick up some motivation from that and actually stop UH a few times, it will be loss for us.

Love to hear from Kitty fans. That's what makes these boards more interesting. Tulsa fans are waiting with baited breath to see if we switch quarterbacks and put some pressure on your secondary. If the defense doesn't pick up some motivation from that and actually stop UH a few times, it will be loss for us.

If Montgomery starts President again after Skipper's performance last week, he's initiating his own demise as our head coach. BB benched Cody Green when he sucked the first 3 games of 2013 I think it was and Dane was given a fair shake from then on and excelled. Skipper proved his merit last week. Focus on the Defense coach, leave Skipper where he finished last game.

Glad you feel that way, NTX Coog. Kindred spirits Yeoman and Jack Pardee would not be happy about that.

Fitting that Yeoman's last game against Tulsa was a loss to TU in 1986 in the Astrodome.

I hope all the other Houston fans have moved on from the Yeoman and Pardee mentality.

Good to have some discussion of this year's game on the board.[/QUOTE]

College football seems to have moved more towards the run it up philosophy. Barry Switzer used to talk about hanging half a hundred on teams. Back then it was fairly rare to score 50 on a team and it was only in major mismatches. Now you see 70+ scored by some teams almost every week

Good to have some discussion of this year's game on the board.

College football seems to have moved more towards the run it up philosophy. Barry Switzer used to talk about hanging half a hundred on teams. Back then it was fairly rare to score 50 on a team and it was only in major mismatches. Now you see 70+ scored by some teams almost every week[/QUOTE]

In our bowl game last year, up by a ton on CMU's 5 yard line on 4th and something, maybe goal? I don't recall exactly, but our coach put the punter in to take a knee in deference to the ass whipping we had already laid on CMU. Running up the score isn't as important as a win anymore because it's a committee and coaches that rank teams, not a computer looking at margins of victory.

Houston is the Remora of college football... they may swim with the sharks, but no one will ever mistake them for one.

I still hate UH, Yeoman and its fans. They have a legacy of pouring it on they can never escape. It's not just TU; look at the scores after SMU returned from the death penalty with 90+ points. UH sucks and deserves everything bad that ever happens to that joke of a university.

I still hate UH, Yeoman and its fans. They have a legacy of pouring it on they can never escape. It's not just TU; look at the scores after SMU returned from the death penalty with 90+ points. UH sucks and deserves everything bad that ever happens to that joke of a university.

We're a joke yet, we get excellent recruits, have a some of the best attendance in the G5, better than some P5 schools and went to a major bowl game. Are you serious?

That 100-6 game was like 50 years ago, you guys need to get over it.

We're a joke yet, we get excellent recruits, have a some of the best attendance in the G5, better than some P5 schools and went to a major bowl game. Are you serious?

That 100-6 game was like 50 years ago, you guys need to get over it.

Pretty certain he’s saying joke of a university in terms of academics.

I hired a Houston grad to work for me and he only lasted 4 months before I had to let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT