ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody want to talk about this week's game?

Firefly Pussy is the typical example of the community college intelligence (and that's an insult to most community colleges) that prevails at cougar high. Coog high always has been and always will be lower than pond scum. That's a fact!!!

I thought you guys take a knee?

Tulsa is a small school figuratively and literally. They have to feel good about themselves for something that happened 50 years ago to fuel their one sided rivalry.

Our student section alone is more than three times Tulsa's entire enrollment.

Tulsa is a small school figuratively and literally. Rheynhave to feel good about themselves for something that happened 50 years ago to fuel their one sided rivalry.

Which is why it's even more embarrassing for you to get destroyed like this

Reactions: TUGrad06
You can say the schedule is moderate, but the offenses faced are not. UH has faced #7, 13, and 16 in total offense

Of course yards aren't most important. Points are. UH has flplayed #2, 8, and 15 in scoring offense. But every team UH has faced this season scored their least points vs UH. Even after playing 3 of the highest scoring teams in the nation, UH is #12 in scoring defense

So unless you think yards are more important than points, I wouldn't say the defense is sub par

Remember when I said Houston was not as good as Houston fans think? That the schedule was moderate and the defense suspect? Then I said Tulsa could start a different QB and could have an offensive spark?

That all turned out to be true.

Then I said our defense was horrible and we'd make you look good. I was wrong about that. Sorry.

But Kitty tears are salty goodness...that's a fact.

(Also sorry for gloating, the Houston fans in our section were fun fans. But still...)

Tulsa is a small school figuratively and literally. They have to feel good about themselves for something that happened 50 years ago to fuel their one sided rivalry.

Your large student section is great... but not the best insult in the context you're using it. Houston is a massive commuter school in one of the biggest cities in the country... of course you have a ton of students... it's a massive community college that is parading as a state flagship school.

You guys have a lot of good things going for your football program... so if I were you, I'd work with that material rather than student section size comparison.

Reactions: Gold* and Gmoney4WW
Glad you feel that way, NTX Coog. Kindred spirits Yeoman and Jack Pardee would not be happy about that.

Fitting that Yeoman's last game against Tulsa was a loss to TU in 1986 in the Astrodome.

I hope all the other Houston fans have moved on from the Yeoman and Pardee mentality.

Good to have some discussion of this year's game on the board.

College football seems to have moved more towards the run it up philosophy. Barry Switzer used to talk about hanging half a hundred on teams. Back then it was fairly rare to score 50 on a team and it was only in major mismatches. Now you see 70+ scored by some teams almost every week

In our bowl game last year, up by a ton on CMU's 5 yard line on 4th and something, maybe goal? I don't recall exactly, but our coach put the punter in to take a knee in deference to the ass whipping we had already laid on CMU. Running up the score isn't as important as a win anymore because it's a committee and coaches that rank teams, not a computer looking at margins of victory.[/QUOTE]
And our punter was also a senior and hadn’t played a single down in the game either. We didn’t punt at all and Parks sat on the bench the entire game because our offense was on fire

I thought you guys take a knee?

So you’re saying you’ve got 12,000 7/11 workers in your stands for home games?

No wonder Tulsa has such a small fan base. The regular fans around here are
a bunch of snobs. Get off your high horses. You want to throw crap from your
cages, then expect crap being thrown back. Why don't you try to have civil discord
with your conference mates without of throwing them under the bus. Most of the
hate comes from incidents that few remember of even know about from ancient history.
And what does academics have to do with anything. This is about sports. Tulsa could do
some things to increase the size of their student body, but they won't. Those of you that continue to antagonize. Let it go, but you won't.

Last edited:
tough cookies, cookies. After the number of times you've run up the score on TU, it was sweet, sweet, sweet to score 14 points in the last minute to chap your red === uniforms. Enjoy your minor bowl game, if you make it to 6 wins. Bwahahaha. That's for Yeoman. We will never forget.

Didn't see the Yeoman 50 yrs. ago, but was at the Pardee/Ware at the 'dome along with 500 Coug fans. 82-28. Another classy performance. Have hated all things Cougarkitty since.

"How suhweeeeeeet it is"!!! Jackie Gleason 1916-'87. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry Lewis
cages, then expect crap being thrown back. Why don't you try to have civil discord
hate comes from incidents that few remember of even know about from ancient history.
And what does academics have to do with anything. This is about sports. Tulsa could do
some things to increase the size of their student body, but they won't. Those of you that continue to antagonize. Let it go, but you won't.

Aw did someone’s homecoming date not show up yesterday?

Most of us are happy to have a civil discussion. It goes down hill fast when they come here to let us know how much they’re going to beat us by and how great and mighty they are against their “tough” schedule.

It’s the same Coog fans who now want Applewhite fired because Tulsa punched them in their mouths and that couldn’t take care of business.

What the heck are you talking about?

Where is Houstons sports board, I looked at rivals, scout, and the conference board, but I couldn't find what looked like their board.

We used to have a Scout board. It had about 3 members. What happened to it?

We do still have a CSN board. It also has about 3 members. It can be found at csnbbs.com

We used to have a Scout board. It had about 3 members. What happened to it?

We do still have a CSN board. It also has about 3 members. It can be found at csnbbs.com

The csn board is ok... there are a few decent/funny posters in the main aac board, but overall there are way more dbags than normal folks over there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT