ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know the way to San Jose game thread

Tulsa does look pretty good. SJSU is doing its best to make Tulsa look like world beaters though. This game is only going to get worse for SJSU.

Parks' punt was a missile. That kid should have just let the ball go.

BTW, the SJSU punter is really good.

When I predicted we'd score 45 I didn't really mean in just the first half. Good half of football. Our DEs our really quick and athletic and are putting pressure on the outside. We've batted down 3 passes which may be 3 more than all of last year. Dane hasn't found his deep touch yet. His short passing game is on. Brewer has been a stud. Our DBs are a lot better than last year which has opened up space for the LBs to operate underneath. Brubaker as a DE at a lower weight is really all over the place. Our OL could be better, most of what is happening on the ground is our RBs making the right reads and cuts.

Prediction for the 2nd half: WHOLE LOT OF PRESIDENT!

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Brewer looks really good. Hopefully Dane is saving all his touch for Ohio State.

Im not a Bill defender in anyway shape or form

awful coach but not a terrible recruiter...at least on the offensive side of the ball.
Completely fair. System didn't work. I don't think everyone on the D side was bad either. Sometimes it takes a fresh look at players and schemes to out guys in position to win. Matt Linscott is a great example. Moving Shindelar to DL another.

I guess KD is out because he got that awful tat?

Don't be mad you didn't think of getting Rick James' face tattooed on your thigh first!!!!1111 (That tattoo offends me as a fellow person with tattoos)

As exciting the 1st half was, the 2nd is really boring. I'm sure Montgomery is being a gentleman and not running up the score. He's playing backups and calling very conservative plays. Run by Taylor, run by Taylor, run by President. 1st down.

We're not going to have a ton of yards but getting to play some young guys. Overall, a great 1st game.

That was a really classy job of coaching in the 2nd half by Montgomery. Never embarrass your opponents.

I doubt their coach will be there in a couple of years.

I haven't read through the whole thread but WTF with our D??? Thought this was supposed to be 63-53?? Ten points for a team whose strong point is their offense???? WOW!!!

This Tulsa football team just looks more competent and talented than some of the recent past teams.

Some observations: Evans could have thrown for 300+ if receivers had caught balls early right to them: B. Louie is wide open on a forty yarder for a td that he whiffs on, the 6'4" kid from shawnee mission drops 2, even K. Lucas whiffs on a bomb from Evans-oh well. For those who don't sit in south zone: D. Brewer is not only super quick, but has great vision to cut & find those holes opening up.

And the defense: Wow! Swarming to the ball & bringing it with authority. Loved the knock downs at line of scrimmage. Our db's can't defend every pass but they are definitely improved & will get better. On a sour note: our kick-off coverage basically sucked. Whoever that coach is better get them better prepared. OH10 St. will feast on that but I hope they have about 8 to 10 chances to try. All in all, night & day better than 2015. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Reactions: Gold*
Looked like our defense and special teams improved noticeably over last year. Only one big play was forfeited all night on D. Our biggest weakness from last year appears to have been remediated. Last night's team would've easily beaten VT in last year's bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT