ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive coordinator

We are on track to have the 2nd highest rated class in the AAC behind UAB I believe. If it's not UAB, it's Tulane. I think at the end of the day this class is, at least on paper, going to surpass Graham's best class in terms of ***. And as we all know, *** mean diddly squat if you can't get the player developed and producing on the field. I think this staff can get them developed. What we're seeing right now with the abysmal results is more a reflection on the players left from Monty's regime and the bad habits they picked up. And remember, we are still running QBs out there with relatively little game experience and it shows. For all of the hype Monty came in with about being the QB guy all because he had RG3 at Baylor, he did nothing with our QBs at Tulsa. I can't say a single one of them left here better than they were when they arrived. Dane Evans had a huge year in 2016 but I think that was more a product of him having a ton of talent surrounded by a TON of TALENT, and being in a system that fit his strengths. Imagine if Monty had let him loose his junior year and not just the senior year? Think of all the QBs Monty destroyed. President, Boomer, Skipper, Brin, Smith, and now likely we can add Braxton to that list.

IMO, FWIW, next year we are going to have a ton of underclassmen playing at the WR and DB spots from the guys Wilson has brought in. I don't know what Wilson will do at QB. And it might not matter if we can't get some good OL in who are ready to play. Our OL play the last 2 years has been downright dreadful and is largely responsible for the offense floundering. Wilson gets a pass until his guys are in there...and then again, we've seen relatively few OL recruits and commits.
Im not sure why this was directed at me but I agree with all of that.

Im not sure why this was directed at me but I agree with all of that.
I think I was agreeing with your point.

And for those saying he didn't have certain offers, he probably did have offers from some of those higher profile P5s but they were soft and dependent on whether or not their top choices for those positions committed to them or not. Like OU pulled Devon Jordan from Union (and a couple others) so this kid was the casualty at their CB recruitment.

Reactions: TUcandoit
I think I was agreeing with your point.

And for those saying he didn't have certain offers, he probably did have offers from some of those higher profile P5s but they were soft and dependent on whether or not their top choices for those positions committed to them or not. Like OU pulled Devon Jordan from Union (and a couple others) so this kid was the casualty at their CB recruitment.
gotcha I can't keep up anymore LOL

We can go back and forth about inheriting other coach's players, and first year performance. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of these arguments.

But getting boatraced by SMU is completely unacceptable at any time, regardless of any other variables.
Those variables include not only $45,000 per year for every scholarship football player in NIL but another $3M targeted at 3-6 portal players to get them to SMOO to upgrade skill position talent. I think it is sad that a college football player may make half a million a year. some of those players will never finish their degree and 5-10 years from now have nothing to show for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT