ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

The most improved part of this team is the Defense. The CBs are playing well. We getting pressure on the QB with wilson and brubaker. The LBs are flying to the ball and safeties are in position. The DT are stuffing the run.

Reactions: eastcane
The most improved part of this team is the Defense. The CBs are playing well. We getting pressure on the QB with wilson and brubaker. The LBs are flying to the ball and safeties are in position. The DT are stuffing the run.
Normal running attacks. Navy is not a normal running attack. I think Kragthorpe's D had the best approach to the triple option- practice without a football.

Otherwise I agree fully with your assessment of our D and why the team is aiming for 9-3 this regular season. And outside of Ohio State, we haven't been overmatched on that side of the football. I think it has also let the offense be more diverse and made them more efficient overall. Top 10 offense overall and one of only 2 top 10 offenses that have more rushing yards than passing yards (2824 passing, 2825 rushing; USF is the other but has like 500 more rushing yards than passing yards, like 3100 rushing to 2600 passing).

Reactions: Weatherdemon
i agree but the triple option is seldom used offense this day and age. Its something the defense doesnt prepared for in high school and college. We need a true NT and athletic DT and speed at LB.

Navy hurt us because the LB was filling wholes the DT couldnt close. So, next year we have a true NT and DT who can make plays. We will have speed at LB.

i agree but the triple option is seldom used offense this day and age. Its something the defense doesnt prepared for in high school and college. We need a true NT and athletic DT and speed at LB.

Navy hurt us because the LB was filling wholes the DT couldnt close. So, next year we have a true NT and DT who can make plays. We will have speed at LB.
The problem with getting the true NT is that they'd only be used sparingly in every game except Navy since we play the 4-3

A true NT will help against teams who like to run the ball like Houston, Navy and teams from the AAC East.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT