ADVERTISEMENT

Cycle of despair, basketball edition

So we have this cope from the Rose Colored Blue and Gold Glasses side.

The whole team was not talented and coach wanted them all gone so literally the entire team transferring (quitting on the program) is a good thing.

Coach didn't have any of his players (except for the guys that followed from Tech who also left) and this is all Haith's fault.

The team had a cancer or multiple that was not coaches fault and those guys are all gone.

Thats fine. I believe certain aspects of those copes. I respect people who have a much higher basketball IQ than I do. I really don't care to battle about it.

From a casual fan perspective because at this point thats all I am. I think a coach whose team got worse, who did not develop the players that he had, allowed said cancers to flourish, won 5 games and ran off or asked his entire roster to leave after year one of a rebuild is probably not the right guy for the job. I also think it is reasonable to think that we might start in a worse position for next year than we did at the beginning of this year. I also think it is a coaches job to coach his current roster to win. This team clearly gave up this year. They didn't play hard they got blown out by everyone. So looking at the results and lack of returning players I think we are probably screwed for a while.

This is a doom thread. Respect the Doom.
Two recruits followed from Tech, not players. One of them one is still on the team. He is the only one on the team.(scholly) I could point out other things with your post. But you stay in melt mode when you want to, and don't listen. So what's the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougheffking
Konkol won over 20 games SEVERAL times at La Tech, which is a very very hard place to win. Do you really think he just forgot how to coach?? Look at the talent that is coming in and it's MUCH better than what we have moved on from. You're overthinking this and arguing to argue.
I was attending Coaches show. I didn't give up on him. I was unable to attend due to health issue. I also hated to miss last 3 games. I hope my health improves so I can come to FB games (STH). Life is like a Flower and I am in the fading state. Go Canes!

I believe you forgot a topic. The new mascot. But that is so profoundly important it may need its own thread.
I want the old hurricane mascot from the 1970's ...when I sat in the East stands with my Jr Hurricane gear...we used to throw stuff into his open funnel head...next year he had fencing over the top of it.. hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: Henry Kendall
I want the old hurricane mascot from the 1970's ...when I sat in the East stands with my Jr Hurricane gear...we used to throw stuff into his open funnel head...next year he had fencing over the top of it.. hilarious
Yes, it was always exciting when the new Junior Hurricane shirts arrived each year.

And Huffy did always seem to be loaded up with popcorn boxes, cups and other assorted trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT