ADVERTISEMENT

Collins

Weatherdemon

Sep 11, 2001
Tulsa, OK
Retweeted by Poplin:

Tulsa linebacker Zaven Collins (6-4, 260 lb. - Junior) - Collins is one of my favorite players in this entire draft. I’m not totally sure where I’d play him, but he can play off the ball or out on the edge, so give me some of that. He started the year with 3.0 sacks against Oklahoma State and has 8.0 tackles for a loss. Each of the last two weeks, he forced a fumble to help Tulsa to two wins over South Florida and East Carolina.

If he can get round 1 or 2 money he should take it..

But he is Ruffin like in his desire for a superior education (medical school)... but he can come back after the 10 year NFL career..

Any word on his injury?
I believe it was turf toe (strained tendon running along the outside edge of the big toe caused by excessive bending). My guess is they took the shoe and ankle tape off when he went into the locker room and provided a layer of tape to the foot at the joint. It was probably really uncomfortable at the time but there is little chance of further injury on it which is probably why they let him play on it. My guess is he didn't practice Saturday/Sunday/Monday and maybe even Tuesday to give it time, along with some ice and ibuprofen. In instances where I've had it, it takes 2-3 days to recover fully. Then again I'm not trying to chase down guys running 4.5 40s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT