ADVERTISEMENT

coaches merry go round

Wonder how much of Houston's performance today can be contributed to the coaching distraction? TU playing for solo 2nd tonight in the AAC West.

Wonder how much of Houston's performance today can be contributed to the coaching distraction? TU playing for solo 2nd tonight in the AAC West.

Rumors of him going to other schools have been circulating since last year. If he can't handle his players or staff because of this, then he's not much of a coach/manager. Both ways, it goes with the job. Ask Charlie Strong.

It's highly unlikely that the iron will get much hotter than it is right now. If he's going to jump, this is the year for it to happen. Way too much money, resources, prestige, and fan support at other schools to NOT make a move.

Doesn't take 3000 donors. All it takes is one Boone Pickens or one Sam Walton. But they have to have some interest in athletics....

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Watching Baylor get killed by TT.
reports are Chad Morris form smu to Baylor.
Probably not their first corse but all they can get. Lots of repair and rebuilding.

Reactions: TU_BLA
If PM leaves, elevate Norwood to HC, and hire Cliff Kingsbury as OC when he gets fired at tt.
I think promoting from within a young staff can be a slippery slope. It seems such a move backfires more times than it succeeds. Another Monty would be more appealing IMO. Norwood lacks experience as a coordinator, he was a position coach at Baylor. Doesn't he share coordinating autonomy with Young? I think a school like TU needs someone with P5 coordinating experience or G5 head coaching experience. IMO, Sterling Gilbert would be ideal in terms of experience and familiarity with TU's culture. The problems at Texas are much deeper than their recent offensive woes. For most of the season they moved the chains and put up points at high rate. Bringing Gilbert back would be similar to the Kragthorpe to Graham transition.

TX

Reactions: TU_BLA
Probably not their first corse but all they can get. Lots of repair and rebuilding.
Yeah, I think Kingsbury's seat has cooled off significantly, plus that 9 mil buyout is like an emergency bucket of ice.

I am suprised Baylor thinks Morris is the answer. He has yet to prove anything as HC. I realize Baylor may want to distance themselves from everything Art Briles, but Monty is a much better candidate for that challenge. Who knows, maybe Baylor offered Monty and he didn't want to touch that situation with a 100 yard stick, I don't think I would if I cared about long term success vs immediate financial windfall.

TX

Baylor is 2 recruiting cycles behind after losing a majority of the 2016 class and not doing well at the moment for the 2017 class. 6 years minimum to rebuild that dumpster fire right now. Feel bad for all my former colleagues at Baylor. McClane sold their souls to get noticed in football.

I think promoting from within a young staff can be a slippery slope. It seems such a move backfires more times than it succeeds. Another Monty would be more appealing IMO. Norwood lacks experience as a coordinator, he was a position coach at Baylor. Doesn't he share coordinating autonomy with Young? I think a school like TU needs someone with P5 coordinating experience or G5 head coaching experience. IMO, Sterling Gilbert would be ideal in terms of experience and familiarity with TU's culture. The problems at Texas are much deeper than their recent offensive woes. For most of the season they moved the chains and put up points at high rate. Bringing Gilbert back would be similar to the Kragthorpe to Graham transition.

TX
I could get behind that. And he might have the chance to retain a lot of the staff here now.

I am surprised no one is mentioning Meachum or Sonny Cumbie this year. TCU has struggled on O but it's because they have a dumb QB and are really really inexperienced overall. I still think Meachum can be a great HC. Also, Spenser, the OkState D.C. He's done a really good job in just a couple of years there.

I am surprised no one is mentioning Meachum or Sonny Cumbie this year. TCU has struggled on O but it's because they have a dumb QB and are really really inexperienced overall. I still think Meachum can be a great HC. Also, Spenser, the OkState D.C. He's done a really good job in just a couple of years there.

Any chance at all TU plays TCU in a bowl game? I'd love to see my grad school beat my undergrad school. I hated TCU... I love seeing them lose.

Reactions: goldfan83
If PM leaves, elevate Norwood to HC, and hire Cliff Kingsbury as OC when he gets fired at tt.
Ya. No. If anything the secondary has been our biggest weakness since Norwood got here. It is improving, but you don't make an assistant HC when he's not even the top assistant on the team. I'd take Bloesch before him.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Baylor is 2 recruiting cycles behind after losing a majority of the 2016 class and not doing well at the moment for the 2017 class. 6 years minimum to rebuild that dumpster fire right now. Feel bad for all my former colleagues at Baylor. McClane sold their souls to get noticed in football.

I feel zero pain for anyone involved in that place

I'd consider hiring Strong or Graham (he could be axed)... but a hot OC is likely the route to go. Major Applewhite ready?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT