ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Wilson first year predictions

Its hard to see more than 8 wins unless you want to start talking about beating Tulane and SMU on the road, which I dont think is realistic. NIU beat themselves at our place last year. And I think one of the two final games will be a fluke. Either UNT shows up ready to go or weirdness or weather happens out at ECU. That lands me at 6 wins. Pine Bluff, Temple, FAU, Rice, Charlotte, and probably UNT. NIU and ECU could go either way on the road.
We've beaten SMU on the road numerous times, especially recently. That game doesn't scare me as much as tulane or ECU on the road.

We've beaten SMU on the road numerous times, especially recently. That game doesn't scare me as much as tulane or ECU on the road.
I want to beat Oklahoma 😂, in all honesty, I think we probably have the best coaching staff in the state right now

Reactions: drboobay
4-8, while Wilson has recruited well, I don’t think Montgomery has left him with enough talent and think the team will regress as they have difficulty adjusting to a new scheme. Just like the Konkol era, I think unfortunately the Kevin Wilson era will have a slow start.

4-8, while Wilson has recruited well, I don’t think Montgomery has left him with enough talent and think the team will regress as they have difficulty adjusting to a new scheme. Just like the Konkol era, I think unfortunately the Kevin Wilson era will have a slow start.
Lulz. You are absolutely amazing.

Wilson addressed almost all of our gaps well through the portal. OL and DL still might be lacking. Hopefully a lot of that was youth and we'll be improved there. Conference schedule is significantly weaker this year so that alone has me expecting 8ish wins.

Christ almighty, you take away all the dumbass Monty brought to the table and Ethan Hall’s flags, that’s 8-4 right there.

Now you have a cranky old man as head coach who probably sends you to Afghanistan if you act a fool … 9-3.

Spurrier Jr … 10-2.

Dex McCoil recovers onside kick … 11-1

Destin INT @ UTEP right in his hands … 12-0

The ghost of Slick Shelley’s punt return … 13-0

Thank you and good night

Last edited:
Christ almighty, you take away all the dumbass Monty brought to the table and Ethan Hall’s flags, that’s 8-4 right there.

Now you have a cranky old man as head coach who probably sends you to Afghanistan if you act a fool … 9-3.

Spurrier Jr … 10-2.

Dex McCoil recovers onside kick … 11-1

Destin INT @ UTEP right in his hands … 12-0

The ghost of Slick Shelley’s punt return … 13-0

Thank you and good night
So it looks like Alabama is playing USF… In Tampa

I'm becoming mildly worried that we don't have a new DC hired, what with Spring Camp starting in a few weeks. On the other hand, I have confidence in Coach Wilson that whoever he gets will be a goodun.
We have a full staff right now if we ever name Dom Franks as anything but a quality control guy. I expect our DC will be Ron Burton if Dom Franks gets named as an assistant.

So it looks like Alabama is playing USF… In Tampa
It’s a 2 for 1 with the first game in USF. There’s no guarantee the other two games will ever be played and no penalty to Alabama if they don’t. They get a game in an NFL stadium in front of tons of recruits and they are only leaving maybe $250,000 on the table for a “get ready” game instead of scheduling a ranked team on the road. It’s good to be at the top of the pyramid.

Reactions: TULSARISING
It’s February and no one remembers, so I will say 10-2.

By late August, I will probably say 7-5.

I get that about Gabriel, but there are still 21 other SEC-level players on both sides of the ball we have to contend with.
I agree with what you are saying ( that they have more good players and we are still going to be big underdogs ) but I wouldn’t consider them all SEC level . While I do think we will probably lose , I don’t think it’s going to be the traditional 52-14 score . If some things go our way, we have a shot

I agree with what you are saying ( that they have more good players and we are still going to be big underdogs ) but I wouldn’t consider them all SEC level . While I do think we will probably lose , I don’t think it’s going to be the traditional 52-14 score . If some things go our way, we have a shot
I agree with all that. My point was, we beat Gabriel but we had roughly equivalent talent with UCF. OU at most positions has more on-paper talent, but that gap is narrowing between the P5 and the G5 every year. So I definitely think we can hang with them, and if a couple of breaks go our way who knows......

8-4 I hope. Let Braxton run a Philly type offense. I hope Coach Wilson takes a look at what Jalen Hurts has done in Philly. Braxton would be a beast in that kind of O.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT