ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at ND

Wonder if they'll move to #1 or #2?

Also wonder if Cincy stays put, or moves up one or two spots.

I doubt Cincinnati jumps anyone. Clemson losing in 2OT on the road without starting QB, other key players, etc.. won’t fall far. ND’s offense is what impressed me the most.

I doubt Cincinnati jumps anyone. Clemson losing in 2OT on the road without starting QB, other key players, etc.. won’t fall far. ND’s offense is what impressed me the most.
Georgia is right in front of them at #5, if #8 Florida doesn't leapfrog Cincy. I doubt they move up any, myself.

I was more impressed with the CoVid defense displayed by all the people who spent the last six months condemning others on social media who stormed the field in a mob after the game.

ND is better than I thought. 2nd OT.
Let’s be clear, ogre Dame may be better than you thought but Clemson was playing without the projected #1 pick in the NFL draft and 4 starters on defense who will likely all play some in the NFL. What it showed me is Clemson’s 2s are as good as NDs 1s

Attendance was 11,000 which is about 14% of capacity. Almost all were students as only students, players families and faculty/staff are allowed in.

It sure looked like a super spreader event to me.
There was 9,000 in a significantly smaller stadium at UCF and we were never uncomfortable or anywhere close to anyone, except arms reach at the concessions.

You could have thrown a rock at USF and not hit anyone.

Let’s be clear, ogre Dame may be better than you thought but Clemson was playing without the projected #1 pick in the NFL draft and 4 starters on defense who will likely all play some in the NFL. What it showed me is Clemson’s 2s are as good as NDs 1s
It wasn’t the ND defense against Clemson’s back up QB, he put up big yardage. It was the Clemson D‘s inability to stop the ND offense, pressure the QB, etc... that surprised me.

thats not what I was seeing at ND, they were shoulder to shoulder.

The Clemson backup threw for something like 400+ yards. He played really well. He’s A starting caliber QB for 95% of schools I’m not sure that Clemson’s star starter could have done any better in terms of production.

It wasn’t a lack of QB production that lost Clemson the game.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Wonder how much Clemson would have won by with their #1, Heisman candidate QB? as usual nd is highly overratted.

It wasn’t the ND defense against Clemson’s back up QB, he put up big yardage. It was the Clemson D‘s inability to stop the ND offense, pressure the QB, etc... that surprised me.
That happens when you're playing players who aren't starters in key positions like MLB. Venables kid is a good player but the Skalski kid is an NFL level player. You lose a lot when you've got to sit a kid who's gonna be in the league. There were a few others. And then they lost a star DL in the game to probably a torn ACL.

Book is good but he isn't great. The new FR RB for Notre Dame can flat out fly but he was untouched on the 1st run because the D was not lined up right. You can see the gap and the error right away.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The Clemson backup threw for something like 400+ yards. He played really well. He’s A starting caliber QB for 95% of schools I’m not sure that Clemson’s star starter could have done any better in terms of production.

It wasn’t a lack of QB production that lost Clemson the game.
I get that but he missed on some plays too, especially the 2nd OT. Clemson has also not played with the same confidence on either side of the ball in the 2 games without Lawrence.

That happens when you're playing players who aren't starters in key positions like MLB. Venables kid is a good player but the Skalski kid is an NFL level player. You lose a lot when you've got to sit a kid who's gonna be in the league. There were a few others. And then they lost a star DL in the game to probably a torn ACL.

Book is good but he isn't great. The new FR RB for Notre Dame can flat out fly but he was untouched on the 1st run because the D was not lined up right. You can see the gap and the error right away.
All of this.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Outside of Clemson, who have they played?
Pitt, Duke, Florida State, USF, Louisville, and Ga Tech. All pretty bad teams actually. They beat Clemson. They get Boston College and UNC in their next 2. This will be their toughest 3 game stretch. BC on the road will be a tough go for them as BCs defense is pretty good. They probably should have won their game against Clemson except they went into a complete prevent offense in the 2nd half of that game. Carolina can put up points but I don't think the defense is up to the challenge of stopping Notre Dame. Last 2 games are Syracuse and Wake Forest. Both those teams are terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT