ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Game Thread

We could possibly open conference play at 0-4, and finish conference 8-10/9-9. If that happens, can't wait for all the 'fans' to tear the team apart after the 4th loss, and get over it 12 games later.
Predicting the future this weekend in Branson.

So funny to go from Memphis to this in a few games. You free board guys crack me up.

Predicting the future this weekend in Branson.

So funny to go from Memphis to this in a few games. You free board guys crack me up.
You idiots that pay actual money to talk to 3 people about Tulsa basketball crack me up for “Premium Access” crack me up.

Why come to the “Free Board” and comment dumb ass

Just hoping he starts to play like a sophomore and quits getting shoved around so much around the basket.
It's coming, but to be expected that he's getting pushed around some as a true freshman. If he was a ready to go big coming out of HS it's highly unlikely he would be on our roster. He's a kid an his body isn't mature, he hasn't played against this level of competition where seasoned guys, many grown men, have developed a repertoire of tricks as well as their bodies. Being able to red shirt a guy like him would have been ideal, but we certainly aren't yet at a level which would afford us that luxury and he's made a solid contribution this season. All in all I think he's clearly developing, maybe a bit ahead of schedule, and we should see a big leap next season after quality work by the strength and conditioning staff.

Oof, I hadn't seen the post game shenanigans until just now. Cobe is going to get suspended a game or two, almost guaranteed. I would not be surprised if Haggerty gets suspended as well since it looked like he injected himself into the scrum. I know they're frustrated...just ****ing walk away

Don’t slap the ball out of the Charlotte’s player hands as the clock hits zero and none of this nonsense likely occurs.

Reactions: darrenj
Don’t slap the ball out of the Charlotte’s player hands as the clock hits zero and none of this nonsense likely occurs.
Yeah, but that's also BS to react the way the Charlotte player did. It was a whole lot of nothingburger really.

Yes to all. Road wins are going to be hard to come by for most teams this year. We are going to win all our home games like I said and probably win at rice and maybe one other.

Kind of stunned by our offensive incompetence in the low post.

Not the right spot for Garcia.
Garcia is not good enough of an inside presence . Maybe he is undersized , lacks
the talent or just doesn't want to bust his ass but he's definitely not a difference maker .
Another warm body inside is not going to turn TU's basketball fortunes around . Right
now the hurricane has only one consistent scorer and the rest of them only show-up
on occasion . Not a winning formula .

Garcia is not good enough of an inside presence . Maybe he is undersized , lacks
the talent or just doesn't want to bust his ass but he's definitely not a difference maker .
Another warm body inside is not going to turn TU's basketball fortunes around . Right
now the hurricane has only one consistent scorer and the rest of them only show-up
TU is relying on freshman post players...again...we knew this would be the case this year. We will play MUCH BETTER at home...and again, struggle on the road. Experience and more recruiting will help that issue continue to be improved.

McWright just needed to walk away with one second to go. And the Charlotte guy comes back at McWright instead of walking away. Both errors.

If Willis heals properly he can be another scorer. Archie can score. And I think Reed can score. ( Next year)

Reactions: dougheffking
If Willis heals properly he can be another scorer. Archie can score. And I think Reed can score. ( Next year)
Wishful thinking is that Haggerty will return, but with today's player mentality of
"Me First" there is no gratitude towards the coach nor the university of giving a
new player a scholarship . It's all performance based and if the said player thinks
he's God's gift to basketball he hits the portal for higher profile . The inmates are now
controlling the asylum with no checks and balances...it's a sad day in Mudville .

Reactions: libertychamp
Wishful thinking is that Haggerty will return, but with today's player mentality of
"Me First" there is no gratitude towards the coach nor the university of giving a
new player a scholarship . It's all performance based and if the said player thinks
he's God's gift to basketball he hits the portal for higher profile . The inmates are now
controlling the asylum with no checks and balances...it's a sad day in Mudville .
How about we wait and see what happens before we write players off as leaving… could he go? Sure. But he may very well stay… No one on this board knows what will happen.

How about we wait and see what happens before we write players off as leaving… could he go? Sure. But he may very well stay… No one on this board knows what will happen.
They interviewed haggerty on one of the post games on ESPN+ and he said the reason he chose to come here is that KonKol will let him play his game. Looks like that is exactly what’s happening so I am sure he will be back. If he doesn’t oh well. Thanks for the time. I want to see what this team looks like with a healthy Keaston Willis

They interviewed haggerty on one of the post games on ESPN+ and he said the reason he chose to come here is that KonKol will let him play his game. Looks like that is exactly what’s happening so I am sure he will be back. If he doesn’t oh well. Thanks for the time. I want to see what this team looks like with a healthy Keaston Willis
They’ve had him on the post game radio show several times as player of the game and he has talked about building for the future at TU and is excited about where the program could be in he future. Nothing is set in stone, but he certainly SEEMS happy here.

TU is relying on freshman post players...again...we knew this would be the case this year. We will play MUCH BETTER at home...and again, struggle on the road. Experience and more recruiting will help that issue continue to be improved.
Good point here.

Reed plays his arse off and is getting better as the season goes on. He needs a summer to drop 15lbs of baby fat and add 10lbs of muscle so he has the strength to battle inside.

He is more consistent in effort that even Haggerty. Based on effort, these 2 and Archie are guys we have to have back next year.

Lawpoke how much money do we have in our NIL I tried to find a number to call somebody and couldn’t find any

They’ve had him on the post game radio show several times as player of the game and he has talked about building for the future at TU and is excited about where the program could be in he future. Nothing is set in stone, but he certainly SEEMS happy here.
He's one of the best players in the conference, will be 1st team all conference, Freshman of the Year, and an outside shot at POY. Interesting thing is last night ESPN showed a stat on the projected lottery pick FR out of USC, that at 15 ppg and 50% FG he is the only FR in the nation with those stats. Right now Haggerty is at 18.6 PPG and 47% FG (78% FT). So why is the guy from USC projected as a lottery pick and no one seems to know PJ Haggerty's name except us?

He's one of the best players in the conference, will be 1st team all conference, Freshman of the Year, and an outside shot at POY. Interesting thing is last night ESPN showed a stat on the projected lottery pick FR out of USC, that at 15 ppg and 50% FG he is the only FR in the nation with those stats. Right now Haggerty is at 18.6 PPG and 47% FG (78% FT). So why is the guy from USC projected as a lottery pick and no one seems to know PJ Haggerty's name except us?
He is well known. The ESPN writer didn't do his homework and is probably from Southern California.
You haven't been able to hide good players for a long time from NBA scouts , at least since Scottie Pippen at Central Arkansas.

No point in even worrying about this right now honestly. Players seem to love Konkol and the culture is changing...that matters ALOT. I don't think the giant bags of money are as prevalent in basketball as they are in football.

He will be back.

Good point here.

Reed plays his arse off and is getting better as the season goes on. He needs a summer to drop 15lbs of baby fat and add 10lbs of muscle so he has the strength to battle inside.

He is more consistent in effort that even Haggerty. Based on effort, these 2 and Archie are guys we have to have back next year.
Good post, Weatherdemon. There are a couple of others that we just have to watch sixteen more games to see if some of those will ever get to the level we need or do we need to swap them out in April. Konkol is giving the kids more playing time than I ever thought possible to help determine if TU is their best place for them to flourish for the coming years.

No point in even worrying about this right now honestly. Players seem to love Konkol and the culture is changing...that matters ALOT. I don't think the giant bags of money are as prevalent in basketball as they are in football.
I’m not worried about it. I was simply explaining what I’d heard PJ say publicly about the future at TU.

Good point here.

Reed plays his arse off and is getting better as the season goes on. He needs a summer
to drop 15lbs of baby fat and add 10lbs of muscle so he has the strength to battle inside.
He is more consistent in effort that even Haggerty. Based on effort, these 2 and Archie
are guys we have to have back next year.
Agree on Reed....As he grows in strength, conditioning & experience, I think we will
see a lot of improvement in his game...He works at it, and he has a lot of intuits for
the game....

I have been a lot more concerned about the rest of the players in the front court
positions....We are being beaten way too often for our defensive rebounds, and our
offensive rebounding is almost nonexistent...We seen to give up more point-blank
goals than any of our teams in the recent past..

Is it effort? Is it technique? Is it the personnel? Is it all three? I dunno, but until we
are able to show significant improvement in those areas, every game is going to be
an uphill fight...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT