ADVERTISEMENT

Chapman Hair Band Concert

My seat buddy lives a few houses down past the laundromat and I was going to as him about it but forgot. Always park in his driveway. Sounds like he may be close to you.

If we do not make it obnoxiously loud for the neighbors IMO we should be good.

Cooper and the Crue did play at a reasonable volume. Def Leppard cranked it up to 11 though. Probably the loudest show I’ve attended since AC/DC fired off the cannons a few years back.

I guess my point is the neighbors are allowed to bitch. Not the students though.

The neighbors south of the stadium are Karens these days. When I was growing up there we were used to the noise from high school football games Friday nights and TU games Saturday. And no one bitched about it.

I don't understand this at all. They live in a city, there are a lot of people close together, things happen in cities that attract a lot of people and often are loud. Do these people literally not understand how cities work? If they want to live in a place where nothing happens and the loudest noise after sunset is the frogs at the pond and a car backfiring on the hihghway, move to Glenpool. Otherwise, deal.
I live outside of the city limits of my town near the lake on 5 acres, as do my neighbors, and there’s a bar about half a mile away that tends to have live music on the summer weekends. Can we hear the sound bleed over? Yep! Is it something to bitch about? Nope! It’s not every night and my dogs are acclimated to it and the deer darn sure don’t care. People need opportunities to be entertained and release some stress. I do it a different way and have different interests, but appreciate the understanding of others, so grace is given.

I don't think those karens bitch about the micro sprints that they can hear from the Tulsa
Fairgrounds several times a year. That is almost as distracting as a concert at Chapman. You'll always hear complaints from them about one thing or another.

Last edited:
There are bunch of parents still whining on a TU Parents Group that I read through from time to time.

They can’t believe that with the tuition they pay, little Johnny and little Susie had to move their cars offsite for a day.

They are also shocked that the University would allow several thousand unaffiliated guests onto the campus at night. None of our kids are safe.
Their parking fees are pretty paltry compared to some other schools.. And it was just a few lots closest to the stadium. There was plenty of space on the other side of campus, no more than a 5 minute walk from their frat house or apt.

And cue the parking garage debate because I guarantee some student gov't/SA kid is going to propose it after this.

The neighbors south of the stadium are Karens these days. When I was growing up there we were used to the noise from high school football games Friday nights and TU games Saturday. And no one bitched about it.
Wonder what the students and neighbors will bitch about next week when 25k obnoxious Bixby and Owasso HS students and fans invade Skelly for the Suburban Bowl. Karens bitching about Karens

Back in the mid 1970s the fairgrounds had a number of events, some weekly like Saturday night stock car racing, that we could easily hear at our home on 12th street between Florence and Florence Pl. There were also a couple of concerts I attended where I diminished my hearing - Leon Russell at the old Oiler Park and Willie Nelson’s party at the racetrack - that my parents claimed they could hear from our back yard.

I read a quote from a parent that they could not get their one year old to sleep due to their house shaking from the show. I can greatly sympathize with that especially on a week night with work in the mirning. Seems worse that a bit of crowd noise from a football game.

I read a quote from a parent that they could not get their one year old to sleep due to their house shaking from the show. I can greatly sympathize with that especially on a week night with work in the mirning. Seems worse that a bit of crowd noise from a football game.
Sure...but again we're talking a few nights a year. And they knew it was coming.

Reactions: TU 1978 and rusty-c
There are bunch of parents still whining on a TU Parents Group that I read through from time to time.

They can’t believe that with the tuition they pay, little Johnny and little Susie had to move their cars offsite for a day.

They are also shocked that the University would allow several thousand unaffiliated guests onto the campus at night. None of our kids are safe.
Hell in 2008 and 2009 I paid a ridiculous amount for my son to park in Fayetteville and he had to move his car off campus every home basketball game, football, and special event.

Hell in 2008 and 2009 I paid a ridiculous amount for my son to park in Fayetteville and he had to move his car off campus every home basketball game, football, and special event.
HAHAHA. Funny thing is a boy who plays soccer with my son just visited UA as a potential school next year and they found that odd while visiting one of the dorms that they were told on the tour if you live here you'll need to move your car for athletic events. They thought it was odd.

When our daughter attended UNT, her dorm shared parking for the football stadium and she had to move her car for game days. This is not unusual at many schools.

My wife was telling me about those and it took everything she had to not respond telling them to suck it up and pound sand.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
HAHAHA. Funny thing is a boy who plays soccer with my son just visited UA as a potential school next year and they found that odd while visiting one of the dorms that they were told on the tour if you live here you'll need to move your car for athletic events. They thought it was odd.
It's not unusual by any standard, but the parking cost was damn high as compared to others. I forgot about track and field, but he had to move for those as well.

Now y’all are learning why TU hired consultants last year to solve and socialize the parking situation on campus. This is a small group of people. The majority gets it.

Small incremental wins leading up to big things in the future. This is one of them. Getting people to behave like every other land locked FBS program with a stadium built before 1990 is a challenge but it will work out.

We always hear the fireworks after FC Tulsa matches.

Nevertheless, if I bought a house near the stadium without concerts occurring for decades, I might insist they follow the law. Depending on the age of my kids. Whatever the law would say about it.

Nevertheless, if I bought a house near the stadium without concerts occurring for decades, I might insist they follow the law. Depending on the age of my kids. Whatever the law would say about it.
The more noise when kids sleep the better.
We didn’t change our loudness when our boys were alseep and never had issues.
My sisters were all, “shhhh!!!! The kids are asleep!” and their kids would wake up if a flea farted down the street.

The law probably states 11pm or something like that but I am sure the promoter got a variance for this one event. Happens all the time.

My sisters were all, “shhhh!!!! The kids are asleep!” and their kids would wake up if a flea farted down the street.
My first two years of life my dad was managing a resort (in the late 60's) and we lived above the night club in the apartment provided. Evidently they had live jazz most weekends and it was quite loud. I sleep like the dead and love jazz!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The law probably states 11pm or something like that but I am sure the promoter got a variance for this one event. Happens all the time.

The show ended at 10:45

One thing that I found nice was that they published a schedule in advance and then followed it to the minute.

Cooper 5:45 - 6:45
Crue 7:15 - 8:45
Def Leppard 9:15 - 10:45

If they want to live in a place where nothing happens and the loudest noise after sunset is the frogs at the pond and a car backfiring on the hihghway, move to Glenpool. Otherwise, deal.
Thats why I live in Noble.. but, now the OTA wants to build a turnpike through paradise just so people from Tulsa and Dallas can get to OU games faster..

The city ordinance is a mess, and likely unenforceable, but it’s basically 11pm.

There are talented people who do this stuff for money. Millions. They aren’t going to violate local permitting restrictions negligently. And this event appears to meet the definition of a major event under the ordinance.

And now you know why Alice Cooper had to start in the heat at 5:45.

Good for you. You are fortunate!

Reactions: HuffyCane
It’s reassuring to read that there still a few parents in this country who know what they are doing.

We were 2 row just E off center stage. A lady on the right side of the side stage a few rows got AC’s cane/wand and almost had a few pics but couldn’t catch them.
Lots of boobs out around us for Tommy Lee!
Crues dancers and AC’s guitar player were sights to behold! Whew!
Johnny 5 and Nita Strauss were 2 of the big selling points for the show..

Johnny is such a huge upgrade over Mick Mars. Total musician. Bluegrass, Country, Jazz, Flamenco.. name a style he has recorded it ... played for Dolly and Marilyn Manson...

Nita.. well she's the queen. Just as versatile and talented. Check out her other band "Iron Maidens"..

You had a great view of Tommy Lees drum kit... did the dancers interact any with its special "decoration"?

Johnny 5 and Nita Strauss were 2 of the big selling points for the show..

Johnny is such a huge upgrade over Mick Mars. Total musician. Bluegrass, Country, Jazz, Flamenco.. name a style he has recorded it ... played for Dolly and Marilyn Manson...

Nita.. well she's the queen. Just as versatile and talented. Check out her other band "Iron Maidens"..

You had a great view of Tommy Lees drum kit... did the dancers interact any with its special "decoration"?
Sad to see Mick not there but Johnny 5 was kick ass!

Nita is a badass in every definition of the word! I’ll check out her other band!

I didn’t see the dancers interact with that and my group was very infatuated with the African American one as she was a great dancer and smokin’ hot!

Good rule of thumb, if you're concerned about noise and crowds, don't buy a home next to an f'n 30k+ seat stadium. No empathy here.
I bought a house in the center of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. On most days it's just the quiet place to myself, but several times a year the noise can get so loud that it disturbs my cat, Whiskers. I've called the authorities a number of times and sent a letter to my local congressman. Hope the city fathers of Indianapolis will listen to their constituents. Waiting to hear back..... FINGERS CROSSED!

/s

I bought a house in the center of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. On most days it's just the quiet place to myself, but several times a year the noise can get so loud that it disturbs my cat, Whiskers. I've called the authorities a number of times and sent a letter to my local congressman. Hope the city fathers of Indianapolis will listen to their constituents. Waiting to hear back..... FINGERS CROSSED!

/s
YOU ARE RIPPIN!

/s
Funniest thing you’ve ever posted.

Something I forgot to mention.

They just had promo images on it when I looked but, the new video board is obviously the same size as the old one but it’s definitely a significantly higher resolution than the old one.

It’s going to be pretty sweet for the intro video and replays!

Hopefully they place the ads on it for revenue without taking up 40% of the available space with the higher resolution.

Something I forgot to mention.

They just had promo images on it when I looked but, the new video board is obviously the same size as the old one but it’s definitely a significantly higher resolution than the old one.

It’s going to be pretty sweet for the intro video and replays!

Hopefully they place the ads on it for revenue without taking up 40% of the available space with the higher resolution.
Quick non-football related question....can you explain wet bulb temperature? We had soccer games canceled this weekend because it this measure went over 92 in Edmond. I had never really heard of it before and was told it's not the same as heat index

Quick non-football related question....can you explain wet bulb temperature? We had soccer games canceled this weekend because it this measure went over 92 in Edmond. I had never really heard of it before and was told it's not the same as heat index
The national weather service has a write up on it, as it is apparently a tool being used for heat related stress while outside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT