ADVERTISEMENT

Chad President

Originally posted by CougarKing:
Originally posted by Tulsafanzz:
Don't be surprised if he ends up at UH.
I won't be surprised to see him playing at UH in the fall of 2016.

He'll be wearing a Tulsa uniform & leading TU to a big victory over Houston that day.
Tulsa has already hit its ceiling.
As usual, you were wrong again Cougar. Tulsa just signed a 4 star QB, who was committed to a top 5 school, & had offers from Texas, among others. You were obviously wishing you had a chance to sign him.

Admit it Cougar, you can't even see Tulsa's ceiling when you're several floors below, looking up at Houston's ceiling.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:
Every kid is different, but Beaver was a 4 star that other coaches kept trying to recruit as a WR. Briles isn't a slouch. If he says WR, there must be something to it. Glad we got him. But he's still a high school recruit. Let's see him throw before we pencil him in as a four year starter against Houston.
This kid is determined to prove his QB skeptics wrong. Nothing more dangerous than a motivated individual. IMO, for Baylor it is all about options. If Stidham had not commited, President would have been developed as a QB. RG III was less heralded as a QB coming out of high school and he developed into one of the best QB's in Big 12 history. I believe U. of Texas and many other programs saw RG III as a WR also.

There is no doubt President's game needs to be polished, but he has all of the tools to be a great dual threat QB. What better coach to polish his game than Monty?

TX
This post was edited on 12/25 9:19 PM by texcane1982

CougarKing is always wrong, just like his latest post. He screwed up & thought Houston was getting President. The rest is his typical blah, blah, blah.

eat em up beat up go TU (not coog) as the President impeaches the Coogs.

Don't be surprised if he ends up at UH.
Quote from SB Nation:
"When President pledged to Baylor in 2013, he also held offers from Houston, Texas, and Texas Tech, though it seemed that only the offers from Houston and Tulsa were committable after his decommitment."

Had two open offers that he could take immediately, and he chose Tulsa. Who already hit their ceiling? Go talk with your close buddy Rice fan. He knows a lot bout ceiling fans.

GMoney, Rice is going to be pretty good next year. Lots of returning pieces and Bailiff has them playing at a good level right now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

When President enters the game, the band must be cued to play "Hail to the Chief".

Lol the mods got butthurt because I brought how nobody cares about Tulsa even when they win. It's not my fault nobody showed up to see Tulsa play for the CUSA championship.

Blah blah blah, your HC is one of the candidates we told no to before hiring Montgomery, so you hired one of our rejects.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

coogprince...your life must be terrible if the highlight of it is something that happened 3 seasons ago... but I understand Houston hasn't been good in awhile either... quit trying to be a internet bada$$

Cougardork, Just because your school admin and fans are shortsighted enough to allow bridges to be burnt and shunned a former coach (Monty) and now a top recruit out of Texas says thanks but hell no. Sour Grapes for Coog High? It's probably best for you to just go and suck on your little binky, whiny arse. Happy Holidays.

Ive never seen coog highs stadium full

Empty this year, empty in 2012, empty in 2010, empty in 2008

Originally posted by rabidTU:

Originally posted by kcarzoli:
Petera was a 4* on either scout, ESPN or 24/7 but not on rivals
I believe he was demoted from 4 star to three when rivals did their "mysterious" star system change last year. So now programs like TU have to "steal" a P5 recruit to get a 4 or 5 star kid. Like, hopefully, this one.
It wasn't mysterious. Petera was an early 4-star on Rivals, and they re-evaluated him after seeing him at a couple summer camps prior to his senior year. He didn't perform well at the camps, and they moved him to a high 3-star.

The star system change happened about three years ago and mainly affected the 3-star rankings...just a lot less 3-star prospects than there used to be.

Originally posted by Buck Hightower:
Glad he's here. I'll be more glad if he can catch a snap...
"He damns with feint praise!"...............Shakespeare

Senior, I was damning our last 4-star qb, Beaver. President will have to earn his way but I think we've got a good one!

To be...or not to be...

Honestly, I wouldn't discount that Hefley may have something to say. I think we have a good chance to solidify the QB corps for the next several years.

Between Rubley, Burgess(if he's still on the team), Dane, Hefley, and President, we should have a damn fine starting quarterback and a really solid back-up for the next three or four years! Bring the wide receivers!!!

Congratulations on picking up President! I'm very happy the guy is landing at a great school. Coach Monty knows how to develop QBs, and I truly think this could be a 'program making' moment for TU. It's going to be exciting the next few years for you guys, so buckle up!

Originally posted by SicEmBaylor:
Congratulations on picking up President! I'm very happy the guy is landing at a great school. Coach Monty knows how to develop QBs, and I truly think this could be a 'program making' moment for TU. It's going to be exciting the next few years for you guys, so buckle up!
I'm impressed that you would come on here at 3:45 a.m. I agree this could be a program changing moment. Chad is the beginning and hopefully will draw others to TU.

What I like about this commitment is what Bill Self used to call "upside" which I interpret as athletic potential.

If you put the right player (a really good athlete) in the right system and train him the right way, you could come up with a real gem IMO.

Here is an example: A player with very good speed that was about 6-4 and 200 in a HS generally overlooked by big time recruiters, but was obviously a great athlete and potentially had a great upside. The athlete only had two scholarship offers and only one was from a P5 conference school. His two offers were from Memphis and . . . . . . Oregon.

The player was M Mariotta - winner of the 2014 Heisman Trophy.

This post was edited on 12/28 10:03 PM by rabidTU

You guys got a great pick up in Chad, big time recruit, the only reason he was not recruited by everyone was that he committed early to Baylor and never wavered, otherwise all schools would have been pounding down his door, no matter how good a kid is, he will not be heavily recruited unless he wants to be, it takes both sides. He will be a superstar at Tulsa, IMO Montgomery will design the entire offense around him

Originally posted by Buck Hightower:
Senior, I was damning our last 4-star qb, Beaver. President will have to earn his way but I
think we've got a good one!

To be...or not to be...
blush.r191677.gif
Actually, I knew what you were doing....I was just being contrary.....I can remember when
Beaver got to play, my friends and I would bet beers on whether or not he would handle
the snap......

I am assuming that he has signed his scholarship agreement for Spring and he has been tweeting about being on campus beginning tomorrow. Tulsa Football account just tweeted a welcome to him which I would assume means Mr. President is officially a Golden Hurricane and no longer just a verbal commit...GOOD NEWS. When's the next get?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT