ADVERTISEMENT

Chad President

The key for Dane is can he be coached up. He will have some quality QB coaching so it is to seen. If he can be he will probably have the job for at least a year or more. If not then the job will go to some freshman probably. Hefley will compete with who ever is here. I see Rubley being moved to WR maybe.

This post was edited on 12/24 5:28 PM by TulsaEye

Dane is similar to Nick Florence. Only RGIII was a true dual threat at Baylor. Florence and Petty were pass first QBs. Dane can do that. The reason he didn't run as much as he was not coached to do so correctly. Much of it is instinct and then athleticism. GJ had both and was able to run this style of offense superbly. Dane is more of a slinger, like Petty. But Baylor's offense is not pass happy. It's pretty balanced between pass and run. It's the formations, misdirection, and blocking schemes that creates the space and big plays. Dane really only needs to keep the ball about once every 7-8 read-run options to keep the DE honest. The reason GJ ran wild against Houston his last season was because their DE on the left was just dumb and couldn't stick to his assignment.
Look for Bishop Louie, Brewer, and James Flanders to be very productive. OL will need to be coached up and our WRs will need to be taught to block effectively (i.e. attacking their man at the point instead of waiting for them to get there). Should be interesting but I am excited to see Dane operate this offense with coaches who can teach this offense.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
That was exactly my point. QB is the hardest position to project coming out of high school. I'm not ready to cast Dane aside for a kid who hasn't taken a single college snap. Look no further than OU and OSU to see 4* QBs who couldn't make the adjustment. Great to be excited but I would tap the breaks before we sit Dane on the bench. Dane with some good coaching and a QB friendly system could be very good IMO.

I predict Dane will be our opening day starting QB and will have a great year. Tag this thread and let's see whose right.

This post was edited on 12/24 11:25 AM by lawpoke87
+1 Dane will light it up next year

I also think Dane is the starter next year, but Hefley and President, if he ends up here, will add FANTASTIC depth to the QB position.

Since he damaged school property I'm sure it's kinda up to the school and coach Monty

It won't be up to Monty. Tough to put someone in the position to make a decision on the kid's future who wasn't even on campus when the incident occurred. I'm sure Dr. Gragg handles the athletic disciplinary measures on this one, and Dean Taylor will take the lead on the student affairs side.

Taylor is the worst employee on campus. She makes Blankenship look like Bill Belicheck.

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
Taylor is the worst employee on campus. She makes Blankenship look like Bill Belicheck.
Still not sure how Yolanda has kept her job with all the Title XI things that just happened under her watch. She is awful.

Only way we get a kid like this is if he thinks he has a shot to start. Dane was very erratic, not sold on him, even with new staff. My gut says Dane does not start next year.

Ash

Originally posted by ashVID:
Only way we get a kid like this is if he thinks he has a shot to start. Dane was very erratic, not sold on him, even with new staff. My gut says Dane does not start next year.

Ash

They will start even in the spring and the best players will start. That's what will be fun to watch in a new system. No one has an advantage.

Monty's first commit will be a 4 star recruit. Pretty exciting, and something the Blankenship staff never did in 4 years.

Originally posted by cmullinsTU:
Monty's first commit will be a 4 star recruit. Pretty exciting, and something the Blankenship staff never did in 4 years.
Rob Boyd.

Sounds like President might start classes in January, which he intended to do at Baylor, and participate in spring ball.

This post was edited on 12/25 5:36 AM by eastcane

Originally posted by eastcane:

Sounds like President might start classes in January, which he intended to do at Baylor, and participate in spring ball.

This post was edited on 12/25 5:36 AM by eastcane
Correct.

According to the Twitter account of Chad President as of 9pm last night, he is going to commit on Christmas.

Come on Santa...bring us something good!!!

Cody Green? Matt Romine?

This post was edited on 12/25 8:23 AM by Rippin

This post was edited on 12/25 8:46 AM by Rippin

I totally agree with the sentiment. But Blankenship had his moments.
Originally posted by cmullinsTU:
Thanks for correction duran, I had completely forgotten about Boyd.

Rippin - solid points and I didn't clarify my statement too well but I meant 4 stars straight out of HS and not transfers. Although I still managed to forget Boyd.

My main point is how exciting it is that Monty's first commitment will be a 4 star player.

If memory serves me - Rob Boyd and Petera Wilson were both 4 stars, but President would be the first 4 star "skill player" since Damaris Johnson/Shavadrick Beaver -------- I believe.
This post was edited on 12/25 10:53 AM by rabidTU

Originally posted by hotterthanyourhusbandTU:
Boyd was a 4 start.
Wilson was a 3 star.

Did Boyd play last year?
Yes Boyd played last year.

Originally posted by kcarzoli:
Petera was a 4* on either scout, ESPN or 24/7 but not on rivals
I believe he was demoted from 4 star to three when rivals did their "mysterious" star system change last year. So now programs like TU have to "steal" a P5 recruit to get a 4 or 5 star kid. Like, hopefully, this one.

Originally posted by CougarKing:
Don't be surprised if he ends up at UH.
Don't be surprised when you wake up and realize it was a dream.

President to Tulsa was a done deal once Montgomery accepted the job. No soomer than Montgomery leaving Baylor did Coach Briles started pursuing Stidham again. He was not going to do so with Montgomery on board, President was and is a Montgomery project (so to speak).

TX

This post was edited on 12/25 9:10 PM by texcane1982

President just tweeted decision coming in next 10 minutes...stay tuned

There is a guy who thinks it will be Tech but I think it is wishful thinking

I won't be surprised to see him playing at UH in the fall of 2016.

He'll be wearing a Tulsa uniform & leading TU to a big victory over Houston that day.

Originally posted by Tulsafanzz:
I won't be surprised to see him playing at UH in the fall of 2016.

He'll be wearing a Tulsa uniform & leading TU to a big victory over Houston that day.
Tulsa has already hit its ceiling.

He will be at UH for one game every other year. You can come out and watch.

Every kid is different, but Beaver was a 4 star that other coaches kept trying to recruit as a WR. Briles isn't a slouch. If he says WR, there must be something to it. Glad we got him. But he's still a high school recruit. Let's see him throw before we pencil him in as a four year starter against Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT