ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Impact on FBS

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
ESPN‘s Chris Fowler just made an interesting point about the 4 team CFP concept. He said originally he was in favor of 4 teams but now believes it is bad for college football. He said the fact that it is the same teams and lack of other 4-5 teams, that might be perceived as able to win, are hurting the sport. He said with an expanded format you may see the same results but perception would be better. He also said conferences are too top heavy for the good of the game. Interesting!

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I saw that and thought it was a very interesting comment as well.

ESPN‘s Chris Fowler just made an interesting point about the 4 team CFP concept. He said originally he was in favor of 4 teams but now believes it is bad for college football. He said the fact that it is the same teams and lack of other 4-5 teams, that might be perceived as able to win, are hurting the sport. He said with an expanded format you may see the same results but perception would be better. He also said conferences are too top heavy for the good of the game. Interesting!
It really harms competition.

It was better actually when there was no supposed champion other than the poll leaders.

Of course there is still no NCAA sanctioned champion. Just a CFP winner.

We all know the solution to this, but the greed and privilege have manifested into power.

Not by accident the basketball side doesn't experience these problems, although lately we see the greed and privilege showing up there too.

16 teams
1. All ten conference champions, a top 12 ranking for an independent, a committee for six at larges and for seedings.
2. Only auto qualifiers can host, first round on campus.

Done a real national championship.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
At some point a ratings decline is inevitable due to the staleness of the system. I certainly have little interest.

At some point a ratings decline is inevitable due to the staleness of the system. I certainly have little interest.

This may be that year. I see a lot of not interested on the internet. CFP strangling themselves.

Yeah I wont be watching. Only games I care about ate the American ones. They don't even have any other G5 vs P5 games. No thanks

Exactly, other than Cincy playing I won't watch another p5 game this year. I don't care about their invitational and the other matches hold zero appeal. UNC in a NY6? Four SEC teams, it's just uninteresting, the SEC is just not that good. Same thing happens with 7 ACC teams in the basketball tourney, I just don't watch their games, they aren't interesting.

I saw you go .500 in your conference, I don't want to hear about what an upset a 25+ win midmajor is beating you like you stole the bid they gave you.

You beating another .500 big 10 team is also not attractive, nor convincing you deserved that spot or the other team did.

When Nick Satin retires it will be up for grabs.... ten to fifteen programs will have a shot.

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT