ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports: Big 12 to announce expansion soon

There will likely be 7 ranked schools who will be in the New Big 12. And Kevin Warren of the B1G has praised Brett Yormark and the Big 12. This thread did not age well! Lol!
Bro this thread is over a year old.

You won. Congrats. Move on.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
There will likely be 7 ranked schools who will be in the New Big 12. And Kevin Warren of the B1G has praised Brett Yormark and the Big 12. This thread did not age well! Lol!
This post is really dispiriting, big picture, in that it shows what's wrong with America - the sad reality is that a lot of people are just not capable of engaging in effective thinking, due to a combination of stupidity, ignorance and lack of knowledge of how effective thinking is done. It's so obvious that you can't tell how the conferences will play out for a few years after the shifts are finalized that you're left gobsmacked that someone would suggest otherwise. But then, that's the basis of Twitter so it's no surprise.

To be fair much of the conversation on this board were the direct result of what Aresco was saying. All of which turned out to be wishful thinking on his part

To be fair much of the conversation on this board were the direct result of what Fredo was saying to broker a deal that would have helped him personally. All of which turned out to be wishful thinking on his part
FIFY

Reactions: lawpoke87
To be fair much of the conversation on this board were the direct result of what Aresco was saying. All of which turned out to be wishful thinking on his part
The one thing the Big XII has going for it that I underestimated is the shocking incompetence of PAC 12 leadership. The Big XII is in the classic "you don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the guy next to you" situation, and the guy next to the Big XII is old, fat and hasn't gotten off the couch in 10 years.

I don't think it was wishful thinking, so much as they changed the rules and all. Cuz the P5's they like the direction it was slowly moving towards.

The one thing the Big XII has going for it that I underestimated is the shocking incompetence of PAC 12 leadership. The Big XII is in the classic "you don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the guy next to you" situation, and the guy next to the Big XII is old, fat and hasn't gotten off the couch in 10 years.
The Big12 made an out of the box in Yorman. I media / marketing person rather than someone with college athletic experience. I expect the move to pay off in the end with an affiliation with Amazon. We will see.

The Big12 made an out of the box in Yorman. I media / marketing person rather than someone with college athletic experience. I expect the move to pay off in the end with an affiliation with Amazon. We will see.
Not really that out of the box since the AAC did it first with Aresco....

I personally think Aresco has been more hype than substance but that's the risk you always taking hiring a programming/content and marketing person.

Aresco ... previously served as the Executive Vice President, Programming of CBS Sports.[1] and started in TV with ESPN where he was responsible for overseeing the acquisition, scheduling and development of long-term strategies for all ESPN college sports properties.

Not really that out of the box since the AAC did it first with Aresco....

I personally think Aresco has been more hype than substance but that's the risk you always taking hiring a programming/content and marketing person.

Aresco ... previously served as the Executive Vice President, Programming of CBS Sports.[1] and started in TV with ESPN where he was responsible for overseeing the acquisition, scheduling and development of long-term strategies for all ESPN college sports properties.
Well….Yormark was COO of Roc Nation :).

Well….Yormark was COO of Roc Nation :).
Oh you wouldn't have to work hard to convince me that Yormark is a BETTER hire than Aresco, I just don't agree with out of the box :)

Yormark has also gotten extremely lucky. There are a lot of universes where the PAC 12 doesn't kill itself with rank leadership incompetence, OU doesn't pick this year to Thelma and Louise off the cliff, Kansas doesn't pull a verifiable, somebody is going to be a saint level of miracle, TCU doesn't win almost as many games in September as it did all last season, etc. The guy's basically won the lottery 3 times in the last 6 months.

Oh you wouldn't have to work hard to convince me that Yormark is a BETTER hire than Aresco, I just don't agree with out of the box :)

Yormark has also gotten extremely lucky. There are a lot of universes where the PAC 12 doesn't kill itself with rank leadership incompetence, OU doesn't pick this year to Thelma and Louise off the cliff, Kansas doesn't pull a verifiable, somebody is going to be a saint level of miracle, TCU doesn't win almost as many games in September as it did all last season, etc. The guy's basically won the lottery 3 times in the last 6 months.
Too early to tell whose better imo. Yormark is just as likely to fall on his face as hit a home run for the conference. Let’s discuss again 12 months from now.

Reactions: eastcane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT