ADVERTISEMENT

Can Tulsa ever be successful (more wins than losses) in D1?

not really. They did draw 21k against UH. But the other games have been 16k, 17k, and 18k.

I’m just trying to get the topic on to the next game instead of all this other nonsense.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll start up band competition scores and high school playoff projections again.

So don’t push me, you know I’ll do it.

Reactions: maverickfp
I’m just trying to get the topic on to the next game instead of all this other nonsense.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll start up band competition scores and high school playoff projections again.

Hearing rumors that the third chair tuba was not in chemistry on Tuesday. Got to think a good band director will punish her accordingly tomorrow night.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley

oh I believe you

I don’t agree that it is 100% coaching. It is a big part of the problem but no recruiting has suffered and you can’t argue that it hasn’t. Everyone here said that recruiting suffered under Blankenship and then Monty won 10 games with his recruits and noW that Monty’s recruits fill the roster we suck. It’s a bit of everything and a whole lot of :crap:ty coaching. The best recruiter we’ve had in years was Todd Graham. He brought in some players we should not have gotten but we aren’t winning recruiting anymore and we aren’t going to with terrible season, declining academics and cutting back in majors. Seriously, we just aren’t.

We
We can afford three tubas?
We can but we gotta recruit more. Our tuba line is small and it really hurts the bottom end of the overall sound.

I'm longing for the good ol days like 2011 when our bass drum line was 7 deep and really talented. The splits those guys were doing...man.

Reactions: Tulsa76
We

We can but we gotta recruit more. Our tuba line is small and it really hurts the bottom end of the overall sound.

I'm longing for the good ol days like 2011 when our bass drum line was 7 deep and really talented. The splits those guys were doing...man.
Curious minds want to know.... how many Johnson’s were on the line in 2011?

Last edited:
I will say, the band sounded the best they have all season during halftime against Memphis. They're hitting their stride at the right time in the season.

I will say, the band sounded the best they have all season during halftime against Memphis. They're hitting their stride at the right time in the season.

They were disappointed that they didn’t get to finish their show due to the length of the homecoming activities. The did finish the song in the stands a little later.

You can’t extend the halftime clock for homecoming anymore, and the teams get the last 3 minutes for warmups.

At the high school level they can just stop the clock if things are running long. No way would a band be pulled off the field mid performance.

They were disappointed that they didn’t get to finish their show due to the length of the homecoming activities. The did finish the song in the stands a little later.

You can’t extend the halftime clock for homecoming anymore, and the teams get the last 3 minutes for warmups.

At the high school level they can just stop the clock if things are running long. No way would a band be pulled off the field mid performance.
Yeah I wouldn't be happy either. It's a good song too. We did it my last year? at TU. They cut em off right as they were hitting the big swing section. I was disappointed.

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT