ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Howard has a way with words -- story linked

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Bruce Howard is in his 22nd year of calling plays for Tulsa football and men's basketball, and TU fans are lucky to have him as the Voice of the Hurricane.

MORE INFO:
premium.gif
Howard has a way with words
https://tulsa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723715

Really a nice and very professional guy. His award is very well deserved.

The best play by play announcer around. He genuinely cares about the university and its athletic programs, you can tell if you listen to one broadcast.

"My Goodness!!" - I would say is his signature line, and he uses it in a variety of ways whether we're winning or getting beat. I can't imagine listening to anyone else for TU football and basketball.

I first met Bruce in the Drillers press box around 1996. I occasionally ran the scoreboard and would run stats around. When I worked at TU some years later, Bruce remembered me. He's a pretty good athlete and a really good softball player (TU employee appreciation softball games could be a lot of fun). Everyone is right, he is simply one of the best and it doesn't matter if you can't see the action, if you are listening to Bruce, you certainly can picture exactly what is going on.

This post was edited on 1/9 2:51 PM by TU_BLA

It's hard to find someone in this business that EVERYBODY agrees is the best. You can "see" the game through his eyes as if you were in the arena. It is a gift that few possess. And to do both sports is also amazing.

Listen to the ou and osu guys and you will see how Bruce is so much more exciting to listen to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT