ADVERTISEMENT

Big Time Hire-TU hires Texas Tech Line Coach

Oak775

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
May 31, 2020

”Lubbock is not the end of the end of the world, but you can see it from there.”

If you have ever spent time in Lubbock, and if you have ever lived somewhere where it’s green you’ll understand.

Beautiful mountains near Boise. The loop around Lubbock and then nothing for miles…

I love how its a thread about a "BIG TIME" hire and yet we are talking about mountains. Seems like a ho-hum type hire. Hope I am wrong and he goes out and kills it for us.

I love how its a thread about a "BIG TIME" hire and yet we are talking about mountains. Seems like a ho-hum type hire. Hope I am wrong and he goes out and kills it for us.
It's a hire and probably a quality one. We need some quality home run hires on the defensive side of the ball. Thibodeaux is available from OU. Does anyone think he could be a DC? He's an excellent DL coach.

It's a hire and probably a quality one. We need some quality home run hires on the defensive side of the ball. Thibodeaux is available from OU. Does anyone think he could be a DC? He's an excellent DL coach.
He’s gone to TCU…

When you have no idea where Temple and Tyler are it’s going to be a long day. Farmer can relate to the people in Temple and Tyler, and he knows that recruiting in Texas is very important to keep the program competitive.

I think this is a good hire, but when I think of ”big time” hires, that should have been reserved for hiring Gus as head coach.

Reactions: rusty-c
Great hire in my opinion. Always like to get area folks who have proven themselves in other programs and come back. Nelp has been a great example of this working.

On a side note, I do wonder if he’s related to the Farmers who were Superintendents of Coweta schools.

Seems like the kind of high end, promising, up and coming young guys who we all say we want. Not sure why people are not excited about this hire, looks like an excellent one. Lord knows I'm no Monty cheerleader, and I'd prefer an OC, but gotta give Monty credit on this one. And if we're going to run Monty's offense, OL is critical so this is an important one.

Reactions: rusty-c
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT