ADVERTISEMENT

Biden “forced” out of race…what do Dems do now ?

I’m not sure how the Dems can get away from Kamala here. I’m also not sure she’s a better candidate than Biden.

Dems most likely will stay with Harris for President and she will select Kelly (AZ) or Shapiro (PENN) for the VP slot. I don't believe they will have an open convention as this late date.

Reactions: Clong83a
I wonder if it was pressure coming from all sides, or if it was somebody in particular that got Biden to step down. The big time money behind the party has a very vocal group that does not want Kamala. if the democrats want to have a shot at winning, I think they should go after Michelle Obama, or someone fairly young and up and coming in the party,(not progressive) to change the conversation completely.

Kamala is a worse candidate than Biden, even in Biden's present mental status. She will lose as badly as Biden would have lost. or likely worse.

Reactions: TULSARISING
If Dems go with Obama that will remove Harris completely from the ticket. Who would she pick for a VP?

4 months of “everyone who doesn’t vote for me is a sexist racist.” Can’t wait

Reactions: TULSARISING
Dems most likely will stay with Harris for President and she will select Kelly (AZ) or Shapiro (PENN) for the VP slot. I don't believe they will have an open convention as this late date.
Kelly would be an awesome candidate. Unfortunately he's not naturally charismatic, but he probably has more merit than most anyone out there.

Reactions: TU Sepp
AOC for President… that would complete the third ring of this circus.

I remember a month ago when pointing out Joe Biden’s obvious mental frailty was considered “misinformation” by all the very honest journos

CNN has made it evident already. But they will be flying their progressive flag even more prominently and in all it's glory now, with article after article professing their undying love of Kamala. They couldn't convince the voters to put Kamala in, instead of Biden in 2020. But be damned, if they don't think they have a better chance with the party elite than they did with the voters.

Last edited:
I'm sure Biden left kicking and screaming, at least until the appropriate stack of $$$$ was presented to "the big guy."

Reactions: seniorgolfer
CNN has made it evident already. But they will be flying their progressive flag even more prominently and in all it's glory now, with article after article professing their undying love of Kamala. They couldn't convince the voters to put Kamala in, instead of Biden in 2020. But be damned, if they don't think they have a better chance with the party elite than they did with the voters.
As I told my 19 year old daughter I don't care much for her.

But she isn't Trump so she has my vote!

I just don’t understand the thinking behind Kamala:

She doesn’t excite anyone

She performed poorly in the 2019-2020 Dem primary

She is tied directly to the Biden shortcomings except for cognitive which she will be accused of covering it up

She was put in charge of the southern border and we know how that went.

She is a below average speaker.

There has to be 20 Dems who would be stronger candidates….right ?

Reactions: drboobay
As I told my 19 year old daughter I don't care much for her.

But she isn't Trump so she has my vote!
I'm talking about possible nominees I would support. I'll cross that bridge when and if she gets the nomination. Right now, I would prefer Obama, Kelly, and Buttigieg.(A little uncertain on Buttigieg, because of how weak he performed against Biden, and his lack of experience with certain issues. I know he would be more experienced with some of those issues though, with his time in Biden's Cabinet.) My problem with her is she supports a lot of things I don't agree with, and that I think Trump will beat her.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
I'm talking about possible nominees I would support. I'll cross that bridge when and if she gets the nomination. Right now, I would prefer Obama, Kelly, and Buttigieg.(A little uncertain on Buttigieg, because of how weak he performed against Biden, and his lack of experience with certain issues. I know he would be more experienced with some of those issues though, with his time in Biden's Cabinet.) My problem with her is she supports a lot of things I don't agree with, and that I think Trump will beat her.
I agree she is not a great candidate. Mark Kelly would be great. Joe Manchin would be great if he goes D again.

But they are all in for her it seems.

I agree she is not a great candidate. Mark Kelly would be great. Joe Manchin would be great if he goes D again.

There's a ton of money in the Democratic party that is not for her. You are just seeing what the media wants right now. Be patient, and see if the money speaks louder than the media rabble rousers in the next couple of weeks. And let's wait and see if the donors get anywhere with Michelle. You know they are going to try and convince her again. She would be the most viable candidate to beat Trump.

I'll be paying attention to articles like this over the next several days.

I will say it this way. I am registered Independent in OK which means I can vote in the Democratic primary. Harris would not be anywhere near my top choice in a crowded field.

But what can you say. The other guy chided on a mob that tried to forcibly overrun the capitol, and he tried to overturn an election ruled valid by the courts. So he is disqualified from my vote.

So Harris it must be I guess. Unless the other guy drops out too.

what he done in congress to brag about?
Well, he flew combat missions as a Navy Pilot in Iraq. Then he became a NASA Astronaut, pilot commanding a number of missions to space.

After his wife who was a US House Rep was shot in the head during an assassination attempt, he took up the mantle of fighting for common sense gun legislation.

He's already won 2 senate elections (1 special and one normal) within the past 4 years in the traditionally Republican leaning state of Arizona. He was a moderate on the Green New Deal, saying he wasn't particularly for it, though he did favor other climate legislation, and he called for an expansion in drilling / leasing when oil prices began to climb.

His key participatory areas in the Senate have been in the Armed Services Committee, the Energy & Natural Resources Committee, and the Environment & Public Works Committee.

He was also on occasion a critic of the Biden border policies.

Seems like a intelligent moderate with a lot of merit. Biggest downside is that he doesn't have "executive" experience.... though I would argue that commanding space missions might lend some aptitude toward that.

I just don’t understand the thinking behind Kamala:

She doesn’t excite anyone

She performed poorly in the 2019-2020 Dem primary

She is tied directly to the Biden shortcomings except for cognitive which she will be accused of covering it up

She was put in charge of the southern border and we know how that went.

She is a below average speaker.

There has to be 20 Dems who would be stronger candidates….right ?
Let's be honest. There are a small few Dems with enough name recognition at this point that you would be excited about. Not saying there are none, but they would all tend to be Manchin types.

what he done in congress to brag about?
To show anything to our wise sage aTUfan, he must write five bills, and then pass them with all 68 votes that he carries around with him. What did the other 99 senators get accomplished. What a dunce. That's not the question you ask.

Let's be honest. There are a small few Dems with enough name recognition at this point that you would be excited about. Not saying there are none, but they would all tend to be Manchin types.
Any bright Dem without Kamala’s baggage would have been a better option imo. Guess we will see how this plays out.

I would almost always prefer a moderate. Unfortunately, neither party is currently set up to nominate one of those. Extremist control both.

I will say it this way. I am registered Independent in OK which means I can vote in the Democratic primary. Harris would not be anywhere near my top choice in a crowded field.

But what can you say. The other guy chided on a mob that tried to forcibly overrun the capitol, and he tried to overturn an election ruled valid by the courts. So he is disqualified from my vote.

So Harris it must be I guess. Unless the other guy drops out get ditoo.
I’m a registered independent as well, like you , neither candidate really excites me. The closest thing I would probably be close to is a blue dog Democrat ( when they were more for the working class) the Democratic Party got hijacked by extreme liberalism so I can’t support it , but I just can’t say I’m in the party that’s just for the rich either . Im going to vote for trump over Harris but I just wish we could get some candidates on both sides that are not extreme right or left and quit trying to divide the country

I’m a registered independent as well, like you , neither candidate really excites me. The closest thing I would probably be close to is a blue dog Democrat ( when they were more for the working class) the Democratic Party got hijacked by extreme liberalism so I can’t support it , but I just can’t say I’m in the party that’s just for the rich either . Im going to vote for trump over Harris but I just wish we could get some candidates on both sides that are not extreme right or left and quit trying to divide the country
I appreciate you sharing that. I would have assumed that folk's opinion of Trump would pretty much drive decisions now. Obviously some unaffiliated voters see it differently.

I am going to take a different approach... I don't think Biden was forced out. I think he intentionally waited until after the RNC convention and after Trump picked his VP to resign. Now all of Trump's cards are on the table and Trump has already wasted $$$$ on ads going after Biden. Now enter Harris and Trump has to get reorganized to go after her, and she can hand pick a VP that she feels can slam dunk Vance and grab a swing state. Maybe, "Old Joe" had a few tricks left up his sleeve! Time will tell!

Reactions: watu05 and Clong83a
I appreciate you sharing that. I would have assumed that folk's opinion of Trump would pretty much drive decisions now. Obviously some unaffiliated voters see it differently.
I’m definitely not a Maga or whatever it’s called by any means either 😂 I really don’t get into politics much myself ( mainly because of how much division it causes between family and friends ) I take kind of a Dave Ramsey approach on politics , nobody from Washington DC is going to make or break you , ultimately, it’s up to you

Reactions: TUMU
That's really interesting and I have to respect your willingness to share. I have a follow up question. Do you not feel that Trump's behavior post election put him into a different category of risk? Including his inaction during the capitol riot and his encouragement of Pence to overturn the vote?

This is a genuine question. How did you see those events and how do they figure into your judgment of the candidates? Or maybe you don't figure that into your assessment?

Yall cracc me up. I know y’all been missin me on here so I’ll fill yall in on the truth: Joe Biden has been dead for years. That signature is a forgery & so are a bunch of the ones on executive orders of the past 2-3 years.

My timeline is full of black ppl saying they’re not voting for commala lmao

When this video came out I told everyone “this is proof Joe Biden isn’t alive,” because in it, SHE FUCCN SAYS JOE BIDEN IS VERY MUCH ALIVE!!! LMAO WHO SAYS THAT PLUS WE ALREADY KNOW ALL THESE DEMS DO IS LIE ANYWAY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT