ADVERTISEMENT

Beer tasting

In my day, a Coors truck would pull up and park on the U or in front of the KA house. It had a tap on the side and you drank your fill until the keg was dry for $10 a piece or until the driver came back or he got bored looking at the sorority girls.
In my day Coors was called Colorado Kool Aid and was a 3.2 beer and only marginally useful for hydration.

I feel like the lines are kind of blurred here. You should be tasting three beers before the game anyway or you’re doing it wrong. Isn’t this whole thing just organized tailgating?

Also, if we can’t set this “record” with students only, then we should just disband the school. We have no hope.
Should have held it in the stadium... and not let people leave..

You can check in but you can never leave...Were there signs of colete dust?

After a day of sobering up and cooling down, I realize that once again TU blew a perfect marketing opportunity..

The registration process was confusing.. who got the stein? Did you pay for the stein? What a clusterf$ck picking up the stein.. why did we have QR codes if there was just a list if names?

Oktoberfest is this weekend... did anyone really know that you could get a ticket to the game, admission to Oktoberfest, a stein, participation in the tasting, a shuttle to OF from campus and $14 stein fills on campus all for $25?

Very rarely do we have a game on Oktoberfest weekend and yet we did a really piss poor job of marketing this tie in...

Last edited:
After a day of sobering up and cooling down, I realize that once again TU blew a perfect marketing opportunity..

The registration process was confusing.. who got the stein? Did you pay for the stein? What a clusterf$ck picking up the stein.. why did we have QR codes if there was just a list if names?

Oktoberfest is this weekend... did anyone really know that you could get a ticket to the game, admission to Oktoberfest, a stein, participation in the tasting, a shuttle to OF from campus and $14 stein fills on campus all for $25?

Very rarely do we have a game on Oktoberfest weekend and yet we did a really piss poor job of marketing this tie in...
Agree on the registration process. You just showed your ID, got a bracelet, got your beer tray and sat down. They took the numbers from the turnstiles as well. The time change mid week was dumb too.

I had no clue on the $14/$25 stuff and didn’t see that marketed.

Even my son thought they handled it in “typical TU fashion.”

I will say, for the first time, it signals a willingness to work together to promote each other. Have we ever seen that? It’s clear you can’t sustain this type of marketing with the tiny staff and consulting that TU uses on a year over year basis, but the strategy snd community focused programming is a big thumbs up … as long as those efforts aren’t taking away resources from the relative success of the on field component.

I will say, for the first time, it signals a willingness to work together to promote each other. Have we ever seen that? It’s clear you can’t sustain this type of marketing with the tiny staff and consulting that TU uses on a year over year basis, but the strategy snd community focused programming is a big thumbs up … as long as those efforts aren’t taking away resources from the relative success of the on field component.
i agree, we have done a poor job integrating ourselves into the community.. it seems in this case though that we didnt lean on the 44 yrs of marketing experience available through tulsas oktoberfest.. much like we rarely take advantage of a Tulsa fair tie in...

Getting the Eli-Young band to play the event was a coup and yet i have seen better crowds for garage bands at small town rodeos.. Carson has really come through on his talented entertainment promise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT