ADVERTISEMENT

Beer tasting

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
They want us to show up at 2:30? I love how the email points out that parking may be an issue. It’s issues like this that are why we can’t have nice things.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
They want us to show up at 2:30? I love how the email points out that parking may be an issue. It’s issues like this that are why we can’t have nice things.
Yep. I believe the actually tasting is at 4:00. I recognize they have to check IDs and all that, but I have to work for a living.

Yes they started with 3:30. Now they say 2:30. My thirsty self will be there 3:30. I’m sure they want to get everyone processed.

It reminds me of the annual home basketball game on a Friday afternoon before the holidays. Like why even bother?

Reactions: HuffyCane

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor​

Gold Member

It reminds me of the annual home basketball game on a Friday afternoon before the holidays. Like why even bother?

That game promotion will be break the record for the business man 2 martini lunch. 😉

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Originally misread this as bear tasting. Not sure that would draw the same crowd but probably would be an easy record to break
Halloween Fall GIF by Storyful

This was obviously scheduled for a game later than 6 pm
A mistake and my guess is less than 1k to drink on a week day
Stupid

If anyone can get me that TU stein I'd be more than happy to pay for it please! There's no way I will be there in time.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I thought we were gonna be just given a cup to sip on. We are REQUIRED to taste 3 different beers?!? Well that makes getting there early better all of the sudden.....

And guided by a certified cicerone?? Holy hell, I didn't know the mafia was gonna be there!!
I took the afternoon off.

No better reason I can think of to use vacation time. Football. Beer. Beautiful weather.

Must win too of course or it is all ruined.

I feel like the lines are kind of blurred here. You should be tasting three beers before the game anyway or you’re doing it wrong. Isn’t this whole thing just organized tailgating?

Also, if we can’t set this “record” with students only, then we should just disband the school. We have no hope.

I feel like the lines are kind of blurred here. You should be tasting three beers before the game anyway or you’re doing it wrong. Isn’t this whole thing just organized tailgating?

Also, if we can’t set this “record” with students only, then we should just disband the school. We have no hope.
My son who is a SR is going and he doesn’t drink. He’s going to taste the “alcohol free” one.
He’s not into football either so, hopefully this is an indication of student interest!

I thought we were gonna be just given a cup to sip on. We are REQUIRED to taste 3 different beers?!? Well that makes getting there early better all of the sudden.....

And guided by a certified cicerone?? Holy hell, I didn't know the mafia was gonna be there!!
Cicerone, not Corleone.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
My son who is a SR is going and he doesn’t drink. He’s going to taste the “alcohol free” one.
He’s not into football either so, hopefully this is an indication of student interest!

Kids these days.

Good for him for doing his own thing.

I’m just saying in my day there wouldn’t be beer left by 3:30 if they stayed giving it out at 2:30. Then again, it would have been some pathetic Keith Burns stuff after that, so we probably would have gone to watch the basketball practice instead.

You guys should make a game out of it. Every time they say Guinness Book of World Records you have to chug the beer in front of you.

I'm so mad at TU for allowing 3 home games on Thursday nights, the conference/media for 3 Thursday night games, TU again for doing a beer tasting on one of said games, and finally the Air Force for not giving me time to drive up and do this. Like, do they not understand that me going to a beer tasting before a TU game takes precedence over their stupid check ride, schedule, and taxpayers? The gall of these people.

Anyway, y'all have fun and drink 1 or 6 for me.

Reactions: drboobay
I'm so mad at TU for allowing 3 home games on Thursday nights, the conference/media for 3 Thursday night games, TU again for doing a beer tasting on one of said games, and finally the Air Force for not giving me time to drive up and do this. Like, do they not understand that me going to a beer tasting before a TU game takes precedence over their stupid check ride, schedule, and taxpayers? The gall of these people.

Anyway, y'all have fun and drink 1 or 6 for me.
Don't worry

Small portions

Anheuser Busch products

Kids these days.

Good for him for doing his own thing.

I’m just saying in my day there wouldn’t be beer left by 3:30 if they stayed giving it out at 2:30. Then again, it would have been some pathetic Keith Burns stuff after that, so we probably would have gone to watch the basketball practice instead.
In my day, a Coors truck would pull up and park on the U or in front of the KA house. It had a tap on the side and you drank your fill until the keg was dry for $10 a piece or until the driver came back or he got bored looking at the sorority girls.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT