ADVERTISEMENT

Bass Pro TOC Springfield, MO

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
The best high tournament in the nation begin last night in Springfield, MO on the Missouri State campus, with over 7,000 in attendance, including Kentucky Coach John Calipari and his wife.

The 8 teams playing include 4 top 10 teams--Montvedre Academy, FL, Findlay Prep, NV, East HS, Memphis and Sierra Canyon, CA. Top 25 Madison Prep, LA, Greenforest HS, GA and local teams Kickapoo HS, Springfield and Republic HS round out the field.

17 Rivals top 150 players are competing, including the #1 player in the 2018 class Marvin Bagley and the #1 player in the 2019 class RJ Barrett.

Calipari is watching 2017 Rivals #14 player TJ Washington, who has signed to play at Kentucky. Other players have have signed or committed to play at top schools such as North Carolina, UCLA, Florida State, Pittsburg and Arizona State, to just name a few.

Others are being heavily recruited by
Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Kentucky, etc.

Participating from the 2017 class are players ranked by Rivals:
#14 PJ Washington Kentucky
#34 Cody Reilly UCLA
#43 Josh Anderson W Kentucky
#68 Ikey Obiagu Florida State
#102 Marcus Carr Pittsburg
#127 Remy Martin Arizona State
#136 Jarred Ritter Xavier

From the 2018 class
##1 Marvin Bagley Jr
#59 TJ Moss
#60 Rechon Black North Carolina
#115 Josh LeBlanc
#118 Reggie Chaney
#131 Alex Lomax

From the 2019 class
#1 RJ Barrett
#15 Anthony Nembhard
#33 Chandler Lawson (brothers at Mem)
#75 Malcolm Dandridge

Last edited:
Are potential Tulsa guys there? Are you recruiting us to go give more money to John Morris?

Are potential Tulsa guys there? Are you recruiting us to go give more money to John Morris?

Yes and yes. Lol we've offered Alex Lomax of Memphis East and Reggie Chaney of Findlay Prep. And we've scouted TJ Moss of Memphis East.

We've pretty much backed off Chaney after he moved from Texas to Las Vegas. Lomax is a very good pass first PG but it will be hard to lure him away from Memphis and Tubby. I imagine Chandler Lawson is a lock for Memphis as well, as long as his father is still on the staff.

Shea Seals needs to get busy and have 2-3 sons so they can play for Tulsa. Danny Manning know all about that.

Penny Hardaway is East's HC and his son Jayden "Lil Penny" plays for him. I wonder if Lil Penny" is related to "Lil Eric Coley"?

Reactions: bluegold70
I thought it was about fish. I like the fish sammich at McDonald's. And I don't eat at Mexican restaurants.

Much love,

Rivalcane

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I don't know if it means anything, but Calipari smells kinda fishy.

Memphis East beat Montvedre Academy, FL for the 2nd time in the last 6 days on a buzzer beater three by PG Alex Lomax. Lomax, who fed teammate Chandler Lawson for a dunk last week for the game winner, led all scorers with 19 points.

Some of the games have been televised on CBSSN. The championship game between Memphis East and Sierra Canyon, will be televised tonight at 9pm. This is a chance to see the #1 player in the 2018 class, and 10-12 other D1 prospects. There will be in excess of 10,000 in attendance tonight.

You might wonder why I'm talking about this tournament? Well, I live in the Springfield area, am a big basketball fan and have attended games in the past. I've done a lot of scouting and evaluation in the past, so getting this many great players in one venue, is a basketball fan's paradise.

I've mentioned the top players in this year's tournament. However, there have been so many players in the past games, who were D1 stars and went on to have successful NBA careers.

Here are just a sampling:
Alonzo Mourning
John Wall
Lamar Odom
Demarcus Cousins
Mario Chalmers
Wayne Simien
D'Angelo Russell
Teddy Dupay
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Singler
Larry Hughes