ADVERTISEMENT

Assassination Attempt on Trump

Crazy stuff. I remember when Reagan and James Brady were shot. I was outside of Memorial HS that day. Burned in my mind. Hope Trump is OK.

Hearing people in the crowd were shot as well. Praying everyone is ok.
In the video , it sounded like one of the secret service guys said “ shooter is down “ can’t confirm that though.
Politics has gotten so out of control , it’s like you have to hate someone if they have different views than you . Insane and sad, I’m no fan of Joe Biden whatsoever , but I don’t wish physical harm or death on him

Must have been grazed, or shot w/ a .22, from way beyond the distance you would shoot to kill. Not enough blood or evidence of injury for that to have penetrated his skull.

It’s really sickening reading comments from people how they are happy he got shot
I've never heard anybody wishing for a successful assassination attempt on a president or presidential candidate, before him. I've heard multiple people hoping for one with him.(approximately 20-30 people have said that in my presence) That's what happens when you express desires to have politicians convicted of treason and/or give a thumbs up to targets being placed over politicians heads who are of the other party. That's what Trump has brought to politics.

How does the Secret Service fail to secure the rooftop of a building with direct eyesight to the stage? Looks to be located 120 yards or so away. Doesn’t sound like they were even monitoring the rooftop.

Reactions: noble cane
Just a bad look. Of all the things will this be the end of Biden ?

He didn't literally mean put a target on him, or broadcast it on social media. Trump has advocated this literally though,(targets over politicians) about two or three different politicians, and didn't suffer for it. Now you think Biden is done over this because somebody was successful with an attempt? Biden should be done, but not for this reason. That article just put a target up to get click bait news readers.

Trump posted this recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clong83a and TU83
I can remember hearing people say it about several presidents, including Clinton, Bush and Obama.
Now that I've thought about it, I did here a couple of people say it about Obama. Never heard it about Bush or Clinton. Of course we never had his wife in office.(Hillary) I'm sure that would have got a few people saying it. But that was only a couple of people saying it about Obama. Never heard it out of 20 or 30 people before.

He didn't literally mean put a target on him, or broadcast it on social media. Trump has advocated this literally though,(targets over politicians) about two or three different politicians, and didn't suffer for it. Now you think Biden is done over this because somebody was successful with an attempt? Biden should be done, but not for this reason. That article just put a target up to get click bait news readers.

Trump posted this recently.
I believe it’s just another strike (one of many) not the strike. The calls for him to drop out will increase. There’s also reports that Trump’s people had requested more secret service support from Biden and that had been denied. If that is true then like I said….another strike. Cleaner for the Dems (and better) to have a new candidate imo. Tbink they will. Whether Biden and his surrogates will now tone down the Hitler and dictator rhetoric is anyone guess.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm sure that the 80 year old man who is getting guff for forgetting names was behind a directive to shoot his political rival.
Did anyone state he gave any type of directive ? He obviously didn’t mean it literally. Like I said…still a bad look and bad timing

Yeah. I'm sure that the 80 year old man who is getting guff for forgetting names was behind a directive to shoot his political rival.
Not saying Biden was behind it , however , you can lead insane people to do stupid things ( same goes for Trump)

Reactions: lawpoke87
I am upset by today's events. I don't want Trump to be president, but I also don't want him to be killed.

It's unfortunate that the state of politics was probably a significant contributor to today's happenings. It's also unfortunate that Trump is likely to play this up to make things even worse. I would be surprised if we don't see a vocal shift towards more autocratic policies, first proposed by the ultra-right wing of the world like MTG and then by Trump himself. I think this will only make Trump and his base angrier and bolder which could devolve out of control.

The really sad thing is that this shooter has probably made things even worse for us all by doing something incredibly heartless and stupid.

More than anything, my heart goes out for the people who were killed / injured. Though I detest their support of the man, I don't want to see my fellow Americans killed in any circumstance.

I am upset by today's events. I don't want Trump to be president, but I also don't want him to be killed.

It's unfortunate that the state of politics was probably a significant contributor to today's happenings. It's also unfortunate that Trump is likely to play this up to make things even worse. I would be surprised if we don't see a vocal shift towards more autocratic policies, first proposed by the ultra-right wing of the world like MTG and then by Trump himself. I think this will only make Trump and his base angrier and bolder which could devolve out of control.

The really sad thing is that this shooter has probably made things even worse for us all by doing something incredibly heartless and stupid.

More than anything, my heart goes out for the people who were killed / injured. Though I detest their support of the man, I don't want to see my fellow Americans killed in any circumstance.
Well said. The extremes of both parties damage our society as well as our political system. I’m among the assumption the murderer was aligned with the far left.

Exactly , I don’t know why people have to hate another person just because they have different views, I’m not really a big fan of either, but don’t wish harm on either one of them

The one thing I do find slightly ironic is that the far right use this very sort of occurrence in their defense when justifying the need for the 2nd amendment. Wonder if anyone's viewpoints will change?

Who am I kidding....

The one thing I do find slightly ironic is that the far right use this very sort of occurrence in their defense when justifying the need for the 2nd amendment. Wonder if anyone's viewpoints will change?

Who am I kidding....
This will have the exact opposite effect. The far right will view this as proof the far left is armed and willing to kill them based solely on their political views.

Who am I kidding....
I’m already seeing a lot of people saying they are locked, loaded, and ready to go, so lawpoke was correct

My best friend is a brilliant man who us pretty damn MAGA. I am about as center pragmatic, business oriented you can fund.

I would never let our political differences get between us. I respect his intellect even when I don't understand how he comes to certain conclusions.

I actually considered voting for Trump for the first time ever today. Ever. This sickness needs to stop.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I’m already seeing a lot of people saying they are locked, loaded, and ready to go, so lawpoke was correct
I have close friends who are on the far left and several on the far right. I consider most of them very intelligent. It’s fascinating to hear about their life experiences and figure out how their political views developed. The two groups don’t mix btw which I find sad. I tend to act as the intermediary.

Reactions: TULSARISING
My best friend is a brilliant man who us pretty damn MAGA. I am about as center pragmatic, business oriented you can fund.

I would never let our political differences get between us. I respect his intellect even when I don't understand how he comes to certain conclusions.

I actually considered voting for Trump for the first time ever today. Ever. This sickness needs to stop.
I hardly ever watch the news , when I do ; it’s just the local news , mainly to watch TU updates or the weather, if I watch Fox or CNN , it annoys the crap out of me because of how extreme each side is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT