ADVERTISEMENT

Army opens as 8 point favorites.

I’m still irritated with Army for cancelling out on us several years ago after we beat them up at their place. We had to add a random FCS opponent the next season as a last minute substitute. Now we play FCS teams all the time.

Spread has already grown to Army with an 11 point favorite as of now. Can only imagine it keeps growing throughout the week unfortunately

We are going to lose this game. Just get over it, and quit all the bitching. You already know it's coming. I knew it was coming against N Texas, it was just about 10 or 14 points worse than I expected. Temple, UTSA, & UAB are the games to bitch about, if we lose. This one is already in the books, short of a minor miracle. I expect to see Francis starting.

We are going to lose this game. Just get over it, and quit all the bitching. You already know it's coming. I knew it was coming against N Texas, it was just about 10 or 14 points worse than I expected. Temple, UTSA, & UAB are the games to bitch about, if we lose. This one is already in the books, short of a minor miracle. I expect to see Francis starting.

Unfortunately two of those three are on the road. Francis appears to have a case of the yips. Like a golfer who doesn't expect the putt to drop.

Yes he has digressed since game one even in first half of game two he looked good since then nada

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
There will be a game... I will watch it while working in my garage... I will be frustrated and yell at the screen as one team displays discipline and the other does not...

Army - 42
Tulsa - 17

Reactions: TUGrad06
Way too low. I like Army at -16.5
That's about right. I'm thinking the final score is something like Army 38 Tulsa 17. Army is way more efficient on offense that UNT is and this is an Army offense that can throw the ball not as a gimmick but as a part of the regular offense. We've never been good against the option and now our undisciplined, untalented secondary has to try to not get sucked down on the play action and leave the WRs or TE wide open. Well, we saw bad teams like Ark State and LaTech take advantage of that. Army is light years ahead of that.

That's about right. I'm thinking the final score is something like Army 38 Tulsa 17. Army is way more efficient on offense that UNT is and this is an Army offense that can throw the ball not as a gimmick but as a part of the regular offense. We've never been good against the option and now our undisciplined, untalented secondary has to try to not get sucked down on the play action and leave the WRs or TE wide open. Well, we saw bad teams like Ark State and LaTech take advantage of that. Army is light years ahead of that.
There's always Coney Island as a reward after the 3rd quarter . Army is going to take Tulsa's
players to the woodshed just like Navy and if Kirk Francis keeps throwing off his back foot replace him with Cardell
or Cooper Legas . Francis played scared against OSU and did nothing against North Texas ...I
say give him four series and if he is ineffective it's pine time .

Meant regressed but yes he deserves some pine time can’t stand much more of this

Hate to break this to you all n but Kirk Francis is not the reason we lost those games. You people are putting everything on him for these losses. He isn’t Tom Brady or Aaron rogers. OSU and UNT were gonna be losses regardless. Why don’t you guys focus on the worst part of this team other than the fan base (smh). The he worst part of this team is the defense but none of you are giving any of the smoke that you are giving a WALK-ON QB who has demonstrated that he can do the job. This is his first full year as a starter let him learn.

Yeah am I pissed about the arky stste loss? And the UNT debacle? 100 percent but I’m not putting those on Francis. Did he help the situation? No but he isn’t the problem.

Hate to break this to you all n but Kirk Francis is not the reason we lost those games. You people are putting everything on him for these losses. He isn’t Tom Brady or Aaron rogers. OSU and UNT were gonna be losses regardless. Why don’t you guys focus on the worst part of this team other than the fan base (smh). The he worst part of this team is the defense but none of you are giving any of the smoke that you are giving a WALK-ON QB who has demonstrated that he can do the job. This is his first full year as a starter let him learn.

Yeah am I pissed about the arky stste loss? And the UNT debacle? 100 percent but I’m not putting those on Francis. Did he help the situation? No but he isn’t the problem.
Honestly, in the last two games, the worst part has been the offensive line. The defense, though far from great, has shown considerable improvement since the first 3 games.

I do agree that the losses aren't on Francis. Due to our line problems, I do think the best option at QB is Cardell as he can escape when the pocket breaks down. There just isn't enough time for WRs to get open before pressure is coming. And we aren't a good yards after catch team to rely on the quick passes.

Honestly, in the last two games, the worst part has been the offensive line. The defense, though far from great, has shown considerable improvement since the first 3 games.

I do agree that the losses aren't on Francis. Due to our line problems, I do think the best option at QB is Cardell as he can escape when the pocket breaks down. There just isn't enough time for WRs to get open before pressure is coming. And we aren't a good yards after catch team to rely on the quick passes.
I will agree with this but even though our defense has improved they are still the worst group on our team. O-line is not helping the QB, that is true but we just don’t have that playmaker in the WR or TE other than Benjamin really. Vaughn is getting in there but not to a big threat as he could be. Just my opinion.

I was not in favor of the Polizi hire. I’m still not. If he was fired today it would be two seasons too late.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I will agree with this but even though our defense has improved they are still the worst group on our team. O-line is not helping the QB, that is true but we just don’t have that playmaker in the WR or TE other than Benjamin really. Vaughn is getting in there but not to a big threat as he could be. Just my opinion.

I was not in favor of the Polizi hire. I’m still not. If he was fired today it would be two seasons too late.
TU has 3 good tight ends but have been largely ignored in the passing game . Not one pass
against Army , now just another lineman .

Reactions: Tulsafanzz

Those losses aren't only on Francis, but I don't agree with the statement "_____ and _____ were gonna be losses regardless". Seems too defeatist for me. If Northern Illinois can beat ND a week after ND beats A&M, then we shouldn't just roll over for every opponent who has a bigger NIL fund than us.

Those losses aren't only on Francis, but I don't agree with the statement "_____ and _____ were gonna be losses regardless". Seems too defeatist for me. If Northern Illinois can beat ND a week after ND beats A&M, then we shouldn't just roll over for every opponent who has a bigger NIL fund than us.
Francis has averaged less than 4 yards per pass attempt over the last two games. That is beyond bad. No…these losses aren’t entirely on him. However, he is not playing anywhere close to winning football.

Francis has averaged less than 4 yards per pass attempt over the last two games. That is beyond bad. No…these losses aren’t entirely on him. However, he is not playing anywhere close to winning football.
From my observation yesterday, Francis doesn't throw to a spot downfield for the receiver to break open but waits
a few seconds too long for the receiver to get open then makes his throw . Against good defensive backs they
have time to recover then make a play on the ball . We all realize that quarterbacks get too much of the praise
and too much of the blame , but TU just is not scoring any points and the QB has the ball in his hands every
offensive play, so he needs to be better .

From my observation yesterday, Francis doesn't throw to a spot downfield for the receiver to break open but waits
a few seconds too long for the receiver to get open then makes his throw . Against good defensive backs they
have time to recover then make a play on the ball . We all realize that quarterbacks get too much of the praise
and too much of the blame , but TU just is not scoring any points and the QB has the ball in his hands every
offensive play, so he needs to be better .
By the way, Braylon Braxton had 140 yards rushing yesterday in their win against APP State .

When you get pounded like we've gotten pounded, there are a lot of things going wrong. If you simultaneously get shot, step on a landmine and have a locomotive dropped on you, what is the cause of death?

When you get pounded like we've gotten pounded, there are a lot of things going wrong. If you simultaneously get shot, step on a landmine and have a locomotive dropped on you, what is the cause of death?
Probably Covid!!!111

He’s not calling what he throws.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
There's always Coney Island as a reward after the 3rd quarter . Army is going to take Tulsa's
players to the woodshed just like Navy and if Kirk Francis keeps throwing off his back foot replace him with Cardell
or Cooper Legas . Francis played scared against OSU and did nothing against North Texas ...I
say give him four series and if he is ineffective it's pine time .
our pass offense was sideline to sideline, not down field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT