ADVERTISEMENT

American Tournament Thread

They will not cancel the tourney this year for any reason. They lost a ton of money last year and can’t afford another cancellation. They don’t care who gets the tournament credits, this tourney is a major part of financing the NCAA.
I disagree they will cancel it for Global Thermonuclear War

Wouldn't that depend on if any of the other players are positive. If it's just the one person, they just isolate that guy and as long as no one else tests positive, they're good to go. As far as I've heard, both Virginia and kansas both only had the one positive. NCAA has already come out and said you just need 5 players able to play in the tournament
Those players need to isolate a minimum of 5-7 days before they can be tested as that is the what the CDC has said is the incubation period, i.e. it takes that long for the viral load to be such that it can be detected in an individual via the PCR testing. IMO, that cuts it too close as that would put both teams at a minimum Wednesday before they can test and know the full impact of the virus on their programs. It's unfair to teams on the bubble who are healthy to let these COVID + teams in for them to be yanked out on Wednesday because they have to shut down and you have teams advancing via the bye. I know they don't want to, but KU and UVA should just w/d from consideration now. Their players have been with the infected individuals this whole past week and not always with masks on. Big picture folks. Health of the individuals, their teammates, fans, etc. all comes into play here.

What’s sad is the fact that it may have been the assistant video coordinator , strength coach, or an assistant’s wife who traveled with the team and was COVID +. It has affected the whole team now. It is a good time to shrink the travel party to essential participants only.

Reactions: loca2874
I disagree they will cancel it for Global Thermonuclear War

Houston, Oklahoma State, and Fresno will make final four. Fourth team will consist of cockroaches and be coached by Ted Cruz.

Not AAC but that OSU/Baylor game was quite the contest. Will it knock Baylor off the 1 seed line?

Here is another that’s not American related but Oklahoma state just beat Baylor. Will this drop them from the 1 line?

The announcers said the Memphis-UCF game was basically over at 20-4 so I turned it off , but I turned it back on just to see how bad Memphis was beating them and UCF was ahead????????

If Sasser hits threes , Houston has a huge edge. And Gorham is one of my favorite NCAA players.

Houston played most of the year without the AAC preseason player of the year. Mills ( who missed the last shot against TU. ).

I don’t think I have ever seen a foul called on a player and then have it reviewed and then called on the other player. Every foul could be reviewed if this continues.
The reversal was weird enough but what really made it special was that the review showed the initial call was correct. The announcers, while watching the replay, were discussing whether it would be a flagrant one or a flagrant two on Memphis and they were flabbergasted when it ended up a foul on Houston.

Well looks like this game is about over unless Cincinnati can figure out some offense in the second half
Over. Houston is the best.... again. Great recruiting and coaching at Houston. Congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT