ADVERTISEMENT

Alcorn St Game Thread

Howard now wears #11 was 5 last year. I’m going to assume the guys haven’t figured out he’s #11 because they’re giving him way too much room

Terrible... We should be blowing these guys out and we are only up 1

This isn’t exactly what I was expecting or hoping for... in a dogfight with Alcorn State. Maybe it’s first game jitters... hopefully we come out and play better in the 2nd half.

Reactions: loca2874
Defense, overall, has been very good. Alcorn St is making a lot of contested shots, I don’t foresee that continuing all game.

Offensively we have to do a better job getting the ball inside. Alcorn St. shouldn’t be able to zone us to where we can’t go inside. Really struggled getting it to high or low post after Jeffries got his 2nd foul.

Alcorn will likely attack Jeffries to get a 3rd foul. Hopefully Haith doesn’t auto Bench him.

If we come out and blow these guys out... All good. If we end up barely winning or losing , we are not in for a good season

Just gotta win. Some of our best teams ever have stunk it up in a game or two and still went on to be very very good.

Reactions: TULSARISING
If we come out and blow these guys out... All good. If we end up barely winning or losing , we are not in for a good season
As long as we win that is the main thing. We do need to put it together earlier than we have in previous years. Hopefully it is first game jitters and hopefully COACHING can get us a comfortable win

We’ve got lots of nice pieces. We just need to stay on the W side of the ledger until we get everyone working together. Other than the shots being a little off I can’t really look at anyone that played that first half and say “oh no”. I was most impressed with Horne and Falokun of the new players.

We can score. We can get inside. Horne is a nice player. I like Barnes’ ability to slash. We will score 80+ppl most games this year.

I’m not sure our guys have stopped playing playground ball or like they’re in an NBA All Star game. There’s no D whatsoever going on. We’ve got players throwing their teammates out of the way to guard a guy and we’re sagging way too far off the outside shooters. That said, they can’t keep shooting at this clip, can they?

DMFJ getting auto benched definitely didn’t help our offense.

I do like all the new pieces, just got to get used to playing together. Definitely tell that Barnes and Moore are rusty from not playing in over a year.

31 substitutes the first half. No continuity. Hope we stay with a lineup that is doing well for several possessions.

We’ve left too many points on the floor. Missed layups and missed free throws can come back to bite you.

Reactions: TU_BLA
They cut it to one and Taplin on bench a long time. He looks up at coach.

Barnes shoots poor shot at crucial time. Korita thankfully fouled. Lamar PTSD.

Tap back in and team zooms out to 9 point lead. Veterans in game finally.

We’ve played like crap for a good chunk of this game, still I really like the new pieces and how they complement one another.

I’m a bit worried we don’t have a go to player, unless Taplin or Jeffries step up consistently.

And 3pt shooting is scary.

Keep it up guys!

Take the win- it's so much better than the alternative. Love Tap, but the announcers were right about sloppy handle and wasn't making FT. I can see Joiner being the leading scorer by end of year- worried about Moore, know he's been out of game play for a while, but didn't seem to have the game that some of the videos showed

Did not play too well and yet won by 17. I’ll take it based on where we were at half tome.

13 TOs, 26% from 3, and 63% from the line are the downside of tonight but the bright side is we have talent and like I said I don’t think there’s anyone that makes me groan when the go in. Scott, Taplin, Korita and Falokun with the best plus/minus numbers tonight.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT