ADVERTISEMENT

Alcorn St Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
24 hours from now we should be 1-0.

I have been looking forward to TU basketball season since about mid-April. Tonight is better than Christmas Eve for me!!!

Reactions: JesseTU
Alcorn St was #336 last year in the Pomeroy.

To put it in perspective the only team we played worse than 300 was ECU at #307.

Alcorn St and South Carolina St are both worse than any team we played last year. Cal Baptist and Yooler are better than a couple teams we played last year but worse than any team we lost too last season (including Lamar). If we aren’t 4-0 going into the Nevada game, we have a serious problem.

Reactions: ctt8410
Alcorn St was #336 last year in the Pomeroy.

To put it in perspective the only team we played worse than 300 was ECU at #307.

Alcorn St and South Carolina St are both worse than any team we played last year. Cal Baptist and Yooler are better than a couple teams we played last year but worse than any team we lost too last season (including Lamar). If we aren’t 4-0 going into the Nevada game, we have a serious problem.
Is South Carolina State where Joseph Battle transferred to?

Battle is at Appalachian State.
Atson is at Quinnipiac.
Artison is at University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.
Kajon Brown is at Southeastern Louisiana.

Battle is at Appalachian State.
Atson is at Quinnipiac.
Artison is at University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.
Kajon Brown is at Southeastern Louisiana.
I knew Atson was back east. Quinnipiac has a good lacrosse team and a really good men's hockey team. They play in the MAAC for basketball...a bunch of small liberal arts colleges including Iona.

Just keep Monty away from Frank.. He will tell Frank to run two up the middle plays and then heave a half court shot on 3rd down..
You think Monty has his QB throw the ball that far?

excited but after the thud last year, I'm not counting on anything until TU has a comfortable lead.

Alright what is everyone's guess on the starting 5 for tonight?

I'll take a crack at it, based on nothing other than a gut feeling I don't think it'll be the same as the exhibition starting line-up:

1. Taplin
2. Joiner
3. Moore
4. Jeffries
5. Igbanu

Alright what is everyone's guess on the starting 5 for tonight?

I'll take a crack at it, based on nothing other than a gut feeling I don't think it'll be the same as the exhibition starting line-up:

1. Taplin
2. Joiner
3. Moore
4. Jeffries
5. Igbanu
Taplin, Scott, Jeffries, Horn, Igbanu

My question on this one would be what does Jackson bring to this lineup that is preferential over Scott?

Defense and athleticism? He's the only one in that line-up that isn't a good 3 point shooter. I really like Scott, but I can see the appeal of bringing him off the bench, but really I don't know what to expect.

Reactions: tufan-11
My little guys play tonight at 8 so I'll my plans to go are cancelled.
A big win would do big things for everyone right now!
GOTU!

My question on this one would be what does Jackson bring to this lineup that is preferential over Scott?
I think Haith always likes to have one guy who comes off the bench and is able to torch the opponent's bench as both teams naturally rotate. "Our 2's are better than your 2's" idea. Plus setting up a defensive identity early on is good and we really only have one defensive player on the court if we run out Scott and Jeffries at the same time.

I’m listening to Bruce and Frank on the pregame. I’m getting very excited, now have butterflies. LET’S DO THIS!!!

Taplin, Jackson, Moore, Jeffries, Igbanu.

Same as the exhibition.

Aston is the winner. Haith announced same starting lineup. Also explained why Jackson, they want to start games in man-to-man and they feel confident he can guard the best perimeter player on offense from the tip and get into passing lanes.

#5 Howard of Alcorn St is a player to watch. He likes to shoot 3s from anywhere on the court and apparently from very far behind the line.

They also have a 6’5 250lb big man that sounds like a college version of Zach Randolph. But also likes to shoot 3s, especially in transition. Coach said he’s a very unique player because of his size but lack of height.

Scratch that the big I mentioned above is 6’5 250 but plays the 3. Their bugs are 6’7 and 7’0

Poor shooting early, that will need to come around. Good ball movement though.

Hockey lineup change at the under 16. Not surprised, but worries me that we’re still going to have an upset going with auto subs regardless of having a hot guy.

OMG THE FALOKUN BLOCK FROM THE WEAKSIDE!!!!

We haven’t had that in YEARS

Does Scott have a mullet? It’s not long in the back but it’s definitely a unique hair cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT