ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Tournament

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Does anyone know the format with 11 teams? Top 5 get 1st rd byes? Seeing the league this year, give the top 2 byes and then have teams 3-6 play to fill out the semis. Teams 7-11 have virtually no shot at making any noise or winning a game. USF, ECU, Houston, UCF are brutally bad this year. Heck, even slot #6-7 would come down to Memphis, Temple, and Tulane as I can figure it (or even UCONN). I think us, SMU, and Cincinnati are the 3 at the top.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yes, top 5 get byes. 6/11, 7/10, 8/9 play to fill out the quarterfinal bracket. Then 1 plays 8/9 winner, 2 plays 7/10 winner, etc.

What I'm hoping for is SMU to be on the same bracket side as UCONN and not on ours. Best case scenario for us. We don't control that, but I'm fine with playing one of the two, but not both to win the whole thing and go dancing. It'd be nice to have TU and SMU in the finals though.

Does anyone know the tie-breaker rules in the event of regular season co champs??? Is it highest RPI?

Aston, that would be like the 6th tie break. Guessing it would come H2H, record versus next team in standings and so on until it is broken.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT