ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Media Rights Deal

Teir 3 is included in what’s shown on espn+
Yeah in so many words that was what I was asking. Does anybody have a ballpark estimate of what kind of income we were gaining from tier 3 the last couple of 4 years, from Fox/CBSSN/etc.? Was it even .5M/yr.

Yeah in so many words that was what I was asking. Does anybody have a ballpark estimate of what kind of income we were gaining from tier 3 the last couple of 4 years, from Fox/CBSSN/etc.? Was it even .5M/yr.

No clue. I know K State made $4M last year off tier 3 rights alone.

Our teir 3 stuff ended up on espn3. No additional money for it. CBS sports network stuff was sub licensed from espn, so it’s not teir 3. True teir 3 would be if we had a local channel air our games that also were streamed on espn3 (like UConn does with their local SNY channel).

Our teir 3 stuff ended up on espn3. No additional money for it. CBS sports network stuff was sub licensed from espn, so it’s not teir 3. True teir 3 would be if we had a local channel air our games that also were streamed on espn3 (like UConn does with their local SNY channel).
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Schools can still sell tier 3 content, although the pay out on that is unclear.

ESPN has allowed ESPN+ content (and said they would for the AAC) to be sold to regional tv for other conferences.. UConn will likely work something out for women's basketball with SNY.

CBSsports will have the chance to bid on some basketball content both men and womens similar to the last deal, but no football besides the Navy games.

The deal is more money, more exposure on linear networks, and ESPN+ as a digital conference network.

We have about 10 more football and 15 more basketball games guarenteed on ESPN/2/U with options for and a minimum number of games on ABC for football.

The money works out roughly 7 million a year, but will be paid out graduated over years. Half way through the deal is a "look in" that the conference can use to adjust the deal, so some of the 12 year length is mitigated.

Schools have to meet a minimum level of production capabilities as part of the ESPN+ part. Basically every AAC sporting event will be available on plus and replays of all sports should be available, along with highlight shows and coaches shows.

CBS kept it's small basketball option and CBSsports may possibly pick up some basketball games sub-licensed from ESPN. Every team will have a football game and a few basketball games on plus, the most competitive games will be picked up for linear broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT