ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Games of Interest Week 2

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
SMU beating TCU halfway through the 1st half 9-0. SMUs offense had a nice opening drive but has been pretty brutal since. TCU looks terrible right now.

Y’all complain about Skipper and not being accurate enough...have y’all seen Ben Hicks throw to open receivers?

Y’all complain about Skipper and not being accurate enough...have y’all seen Ben Hicks throw to open receivers?

He’s terrible, but I hope we aren’t satisfied that he’s better than a QB that just posted a 8.6 QB rating.

I didn’t watch the SMU-TCU game, was it pouring? Both teams had really bad passing days.

TCU pounded them.
Still not terribly impressed with TCU. IMO, they’re nowhere near a top 25 team. My guess is Ohio State will put 30-40 on them and TCU will be lucky to score. TCUs QB wasn’t terribly accurate either.
Hicks wasn’t good and SMU is finding out Procher isn’t nearly as good a WR without Courtland Sutton on the other side demanding double and triple coverages. SMUs special teams (punts and kick coverage) were pretty awful too.

SMUs play calling was decent, they just don’t have the personnel to run the offense Lashlee wants to run yet.

Houston stomping Arizona right now. USF up on Georgia Tech as well. Mental note. Don't kick to Terrence Horne. He's already returned 2 kickoffs for USF.

Houston is completely dominating Arizona.

This game reminds me of us going down to Norman in the Todd Graham years when he’d complete $h!t the bed the night before. Note: Houston is OU and Arizona is us in this.

He’s terrible, but I hope we aren’t satisfied that he’s better than a QB that just posted a 8.6 QB rating.

I didn’t watch the SMU-TCU game, was it pouring? Both teams had really bad passing days.
It rained before the game but after they actually got the game started after a weather delay, it looked fine and not terribly windy. TCUs DBs are really good but Hicks couldn’t hit open WRs when they did have space. SMUs entire offense seemingly came on the opening drive which featured a 51 yd TD run. Pretty much looked like the inept SMU offense we’ve come to know and love after that.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Houston stomping Arizona right now. USF up on Georgia Tech as well. Mental note. Don't kick to Terrence Horne. He's already returned 2 kickoffs for USF.
But he’s been USFs entire offense and special teams today. And you’d think a team that is in a conference with Navy and runs the triple option the same way GaTech does would have. A freaking clue how to defend it...and it’s apparent USF hasn’t really retained any of that knowledge. And they can’t tackle. USFs defense can be had.

Houston is a different story. Their front 7 on defense would give any team in the nation trouble.

OH, and I’m claiming shenanigans on the AAC refs. IDENTICAL play as 2 years ago where Houston had 13 players on the field including 2 still on our side of the LOS, except this time it’s Arizona who does it and the same ref crew throws the freaking flag this time!

USF comes back from 10 down and scores 21 straight to take 49-38 lead with 2 minutes left. 2 P5 wins for the AAC this AM

But he’s been USFs entire offense and special teams today. And you’d think a team that is in a conference with Navy and runs the triple option the same way GaTech does would have. A freaking clue how to defend it...and it’s apparent USF hasn’t really retained any of that knowledge. And they can’t tackle. USFs defense can be had.

Houston is a different story. Their front 7 on defense would give any team in the nation trouble.
I’m still in wait and see mode on Houston. Arizona will be bad this season and so will rice. I honestly think UCA could have beat either of those teams

If UNC loses tonight they’re likely to start 0-6 this season. Crazy.

Conference looking better this week... hopefully we can follow suit.

Non-AAC, but this Nebraska vs Colorado game has been very entertaining.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Conference looking better this week... hopefully we can follow suit.

Non-AAC, but this Nebraska vs Colorado game has been very entertaining.
I like both QBs in that game. The Colorado QB has a big time arm and the WR (#2) May be the best player in the country no one has really heard about. 6’3” tall, 220lbs, and runs a 4.4. He routinely ran past the Nebraska DBs and made some really great catches including the game winner with about a minute left.

Not an AAC game, but Arkansas got run over in the 2nd half of their game at Colorado St. What I’ve seen of Colorado St the last 2 weeks is they are not very good. I’m still trying to figure out how Chad Morris got the Arkansas job after not really doing anything in his time at SMU. They were OK, but they didnt really do anything special.

And for all the OU fans who think UCLA is a good win...UCLA is not better than Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Morris is recruiting lights out at Arky. I think he will be fine. Lucky to play them this year.

OU lost their all conference RB today for the season. Big blow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT