ADVERTISEMENT

Aac basketball looking really good

FAU and Memphis are both really good. SMU has a chance to make the tourney. Rest of the conference looks to be average to bad. Why I have hope for us come conference play. Don’t think we can go .500 with our bigs but it’s not out of the question.

Reactions: loca2874
FAU and Memphis are both really good. SMU has a chance to make the tourney. Rest of the conference looks to be average to bad. Why I have hope for us come conference play. Don’t think we can go .500 with our bigs but it’s not out of the question.
I'm bracketing us for 6-10 wins. I expect we'll get 7 to 8 wins. Wichita St isn't bad.

Curious how long they can keep Dusty May?
Maybe as long as Gonzaga has kept Mark Few. No one thought he would stay in that league or town. May is in a much better climate.

Maybe as long as Gonzaga has kept Mark Few. No one thought he would stay in that league or town. May is in a much better climate.
Few was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. May is a midwestern guy. Climate is quite nice though. Facilities are in need of major upgrades. Found it interesting his buyout is only $1M at the end of this season. They will have a hard time keeping him imo.

Reactions: TU 1978
ever been to Boca Raton, FL?

He'd be an idiot to leave. Plus, he'd have to take on a 5-10% income tax. Screw income tax. Income tax is evil.

ever been to Boca Raton, FL?

He'd be an idiot to leave. Plus, he'd have to take on a 5-10% income tax. Screw income tax. Income tax is evil.
Yes. It’s quite nice. May makes $1.25M. His open market value is probably in the $4-5M range. That extra 5-10% income tax is peanuts.

Yes. It’s quite nice. May makes $1.25M. His open market value is probably in the $4-5M range. That extra 5-10% income tax is peanuts.
Teams early on offered Few much more than he was offered to stay at Gonzaga and he stayed. Now he IS making the big bucks.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Him & Greg Marshall
Coach K after a very few years at Duke, Scott Drew, Baylor, Randy Bennett, St. Mary's, James Jones, Yale, Ron Cottrell, Houston Baptist, (500 wins), Greg Kampe Oakland, All have had multiple offers to leave but stayed for years. It takes someone whose main love is the city their family lives in and how they are treated by the University and not their love of more money as a goal in life.

The fact that Original TULSAFAN thinks $1m per year in a state with no income tax is better than $40m guaranteed anywhere else explains a lot, actually.
No one has ever accused Original of being an economist or even understanding simple math.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Anybody know what became of Greg Marshall? His demise was quick and severe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT